PDA

View Full Version : Colors & habits for scraping?

redring
04-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Ok I have noticed some major tendencys in my scraping habits and it seems I tend to stray away from useing pinks unless its just an accent color in the kit. Scence The CT team contest till now I have been useing some verry pink kits. I am really glad I had that push to use some of them because the Los came out beautifull! I never would have expected. Still i tend to like more earthy colors and really creative elements. ( the cardbord tears are awsome!!) So its my turn to be nosey. What are your Scraping Habits? What colors do you tend to use and what things do you go ga ga over?

yin
04-06-2007, 08:54 AM
I can't answer that! I mean, I can, but my answer will be different every time you ask me! :laugh: I think i've loved different things over time, but perhaps the ones that have stuck with around for longer with me scrapping-wise would be a clean and minimalistic layout with white space, and neutral colors.

Lately, of course, are them swirls that i'm ga-ga-ing over! :D

bay_girl
04-06-2007, 09:17 AM
With 2 girls I tend to use a lot of pinks! They both are blue-eyed so blue plays a big part for me too.
I also love the cardboard tears and wish I knew how to make some myself. But I am also addicted to anything with stars, hearts, flowers and butterflies for my kids pages.

twirlyjoy
04-06-2007, 09:18 AM
hhhmmmm, can you say pink???!!! I guess that having 3 girls who make up the majority of my layouts, pinks are going to feature pretty heavily in my scrapping!! I love embellishments, especially flowers and clips etc, but don't like lots of them scattered all over my pages! I also love using templates but like personalising them to make them my own!

babydoe
04-06-2007, 09:33 AM
I too love using templates, but rarely use them "as is". As far as colors and styles, I tend to use the blues, greens, and neutrals mostly. I don't have a lot of use for girly things since I don't have much occasion to take a lot of girly pictures. I have a fairly simple style of scrapping out of necessity because I still haven't learned how to do many "tricks". I mostly use 1 picture on a page, but I am going to try to do more pages with multiple pictures.

ginabee
04-07-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm with you, Redring. I like best the earth colors and natural elements. Next I like distressed or slightly grunge. Also, vintage. Pinks are hard for me. Of course, I love 8.5 x 11 templates.

steph
04-07-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm mostly a boy scrapper, so I love blues, blacks, and browns!!! I'm also madly in love with buttons and brads and ribbons!!!! I have started scrapping pictures of Joy's girlies cause I love them all to pieces, and so I'm loving the pink kits too! I have also just recently figured out how to do templates in PS, so I'm totally addicted to templates!!!! They rock!!!!