PDA

View Full Version : Who is Looking forward to Halloween

elenasworld
10-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Fall seems to have been dropped from the skies in my neck of the woods
but I still can't get motivated for Halloween.

What are you, or the little ones in your life going to be for Halloween?

tweederbug
10-08-2009, 05:19 PM
I love halloween! My sister is bringing the material she bought for me for dd's costume ... she is going as a pumpkin. DS wants to go as a cowboy so I am bidding on a costume on ebay for him. DD's pumpkin costume is made from tulle .. kinda like a tutu. I can't wait to get my babies dressed up for halloween.

agarzaldynrd
10-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Well, since my little one is 21, I'll share what I'm going to be. For the past 2 years we have been lucky to have 2 children's books authors come to our school as part of the Texas Book festival. This visit happens during the week of Halloween so we decided last year to wear costumes based on one of the books that will be shared. BTW, every child gets a copy of the book being shared for the year.

Anyway....this year the primary book to be shared is about popsicles so we found a picture of a popsicle costume and we are having one of our parents sew these for us so I will be a strawberry popsicle. I'm also considering a Carmen Miranda costume since the popsicles are fruit popsicles. We'll see.

Christie
10-09-2009, 08:26 AM
my sons are going as a clone trooper and darth vader from star wars. My son want me to go as princess laya but i think i will be a witch like last year

Surfs Up
10-11-2009, 11:50 AM
I love this..........so many of us have broken broomsticks.......our houses must be a mess, I know mine is!!!! HAHAHAHA:twitcy:

diamndprincz
10-13-2009, 04:12 PM
I am excited. My daughter is actually walking this year so it will be a little more fun. She's going to be "Hello Kitty" . We found the cutest Hello Kitty Halloween bucket at Target. I bought her some black and pink polka dot leggings and a hot pink shirt. She has a big bow and a tail (that she's scared of). And hopefully she will keep on the bracelet and necklace I let her wear.

SlidingKat
10-13-2009, 04:48 PM
13 year old is going to be a werewolf. I'm going to be a master thief / bank robber with a clear plasticface mask and different colored wig.

sparkles
10-13-2009, 06:52 PM
My kids have a play to do this year on Halloween so we won't be doing anything

Christie
10-13-2009, 08:42 PM
I am excited. My daughter is actually walking this year so it will be a little more fun. She's going to be "Hello Kitty" . We found the cutest Hello Kitty Halloween bucket at Target. I bought her some black and pink polka dot leggings and a hot pink shirt. She has a big bow and a tail (that she's scared of). And hopefully she will keep on the bracelet and necklace I let her wear.

I bet she will be adorable, I so wish i had a little girl, my boys always want scary I want something cute

Scrappinsass
10-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Australia is *just* now in the past few years getting into the Halloween thing so it's a little disappointing not to be able to dress up and go freaky on the neighbourhood LOL... Last year we had little ones knocking on our door at noon the next day LOL.. and only 3 the night... well if you can count 4:30 pm *night*... 6 if you count the fact they came back twice LOL .. I love Halloween... can't wait for the aussies to catch up! :cry::biggrin::laugh:

photocowgirl
10-14-2009, 05:34 AM
I haven't been a big fan of halloween lately, but this year I'm actually pretty excited! My dd is going to be a fairy because her uncle gave her a dress up kit for her bday that had wings in it and she already has a giant, fluffy, pink tutu. We also have some old butterfly tattoos and sparkly makeup that will hopefully still work.

Any suggestions on how to do her hair? It's chin length and still pretty thin and won't hold curl. She will leave it in a ponytail though.

Everyone's costumes sound so fun! Hope you all have a safe and fun Halloween!

Double22
10-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Hereís a cool Halloween costume contest you can enter the family in, just upload a picture of you, your children or even your pet in a Halloween Costume in the Hallow- Fame Photo contest, the photo with the most votes wins a Family Fun Prize Pack!

Hereís the link http://www.americangreetings.com/contest/2009_tombstone/index.pd

Good Luck! Canít wait to see your costumes!

elenasworld
10-14-2009, 04:05 PM
I haven't been a big fan of halloween lately, but this year I'm actually pretty excited! My dd is going to be a fairy because her uncle gave her a dress up kit for her bday that had wings in it and she already has a giant, fluffy, pink tutu. We also have some old butterfly tattoos and sparkly makeup that will hopefully still work.

Any suggestions on how to do her hair? It's chin length and still pretty thin and won't hold curl. She will leave it in a ponytail though.

Everyone's costumes sound so fun! Hope you all have a safe and fun Halloween!

my dd would never keep anything in her hair -- still takes things out as soon as she has a chance. I have been using the little tiny clips, and she keeps those in. it is easy to take small portions of hair and do a little twist and clip -- keeps the hair out of their face and takes much less time and effort for the moms -- we have tried french braiding and she just cant stay still. I also use the tiny little clear elastics and do a pretend french braid -- it does involve some amount of sitting still, but it still is relatively painless. i will have to show a picture for you.
my dd is going to be a "snow princess" -- it is really an angel costume, but she refuses the halo and insists on being a princess. that is how I will do her hair -- with the tiny clips -- and if one comes loose or she scratches her hair, so easy to fix. that an glittery hair spray. if I can get her to stay still enough, i will weave some irridescent ribbons through too.

good luck

donakat
10-14-2009, 08:06 PM
I kinda miss Halloween fun now that the kids are grown and gone. We do have lots of little visitors, tho, so I get to see them. I love the littlest ones who are clueless and need prompts from parents or siblings as to what to do! And the ones I don't like are the 14 and up crowd who come around after the little ones are finished. They're bigger than me, and they're usually punked up, so I give them the leftovers I don't like!:lmao:

diamndprincz
10-14-2009, 11:57 PM
I kinda miss Halloween fun now that the kids are grown and gone. We do have lots of little visitors, tho, so I get to see them. I love the littlest ones who are clueless and need prompts from parents or siblings as to what to do! And the ones I don't like are the 14 and up crowd who come around after the little ones are finished. They're bigger than me, and they're usually punked up, so I give them the leftovers I don't like!:lmao:

That is exactly what my sister does for the teenagers that come to her door. There is a group of girls that comes every year ...like at 8 or 9... and she digs through her daughters' bags and give out the stuff no one likes.
It really is fun though...there are two houses that are my favs: the haunted house with the good candy [have to go in and get it] and there's a lady that bakes chocolate muffins and make punch ...mmm...lol.

SlidingKat
10-15-2009, 03:45 AM
I don't really get the not liking teenage trick or treaters thing. If you put effort into making a costume who cares how old you are. I'd rather they be trick or treating than something else.

okekeca
10-18-2009, 02:03 PM
We dont celebrate halloween here in Finland.....so None of the above fits me.....lol

briarwoodpups
10-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Well, my little ones are going to be ... let's see... a spider, a ghost, a skunk and a lobster. And although i spent 1.5 hours today at the pumpkin patch taking pictures of 6 dogs, I came home to find that the memory card wasn't in the camera. It has taken me over 3 weeks to try to get to the farm, so I'm scared I won't be able to fit it in again before halloween! EEK!!

elenasworld
10-18-2009, 09:20 PM
I am so sorry Jayne!
I bet they sure were cute too!

last year when the weather was not complying with my halloween picture taking, I took them in November -- still got the dd in her costume, one more time. they are some of my favorites!