PDA

View Full Version : April Fools

Xaria
03-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Just wondering if anyone does anything for April Fools day?
The best one I can remember from a few years ago, the local paper ran on the front page about the "new clear beer" that the local brewery was giving away free samples for outside the brewery. The queues went around the block. (it was water from the spring)

I actually took some photos of the scene today and might make a LO of it when I get the camera back from my partner.

Debra
04-01-2007, 11:38 AM
LOL!! Too Funny!!

twirlyjoy
04-01-2007, 11:48 AM
lol - love that one!!

I think the best one I can remember (and actually, I remember being told about it, don't think i was old enough to actually remember it cos it was a good few years back) was run by the main tv channel at the time. It ran a documentary about the 'forests' of pasta trees in some foreign country which they reported as supplying all of our pasta. They ran a 20 minute piece about it, even showing the spaghetti 'growing' on the trees!

yin
04-02-2007, 02:01 AM
yeah, too funny!! We were trying to spot which article in our papers yesterday that was the april fool's joke - think it was the one that said "kayak through Singapore heartland" - it went on to say " as the river water is fast flowing, kayakers need to be certified at least two stars and have to be accompanied by a coach ... all these in totally flat Singapore island?

Rebecca
04-02-2007, 05:51 AM
I got my kids up at 6:30 dragged their butt out of bed telling them it was time for school :p they don't like me much now!