PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever Been Published?

twirlyjoy
03-30-2007, 04:58 AM
I occassionally see posts/comments from people who have had their layouts published in magazines. As I have never been brave enough to even consider entering any of my layouts, I am intrigued to know whether anyone else has entered them, and whether or not they have actually published????

yin
03-30-2007, 05:54 AM
oooh, this is my chance to brag. :laugh: and to confess... that I've sent countless layouts to magazine calls - I don't think i was brave, just thick-skinned !:D

And happily, I was published twice, in CK, once in January 06 under mail call, and another in Aug 06 under seasonal solutions. It was amazing, like leaping for joy and doing a crazy dance kind of feeling!

Joy, you must not shy from sending in your layouts!! Your layouts are lovely!! you never know what they are looking for. Those layouts of mine were done in the early days of scrapbooking for me, and did not even use much scrapbook supplies.

There's no harm trying, really!! Actually i haven't been sending since I started designing, but maybe I should try some again.......:goodluck:

steph
03-30-2007, 06:01 AM
I agree with Yin, Joy! I think you should send in your stuff to be published!!! It rules!!! I'm going to try... and I'm not half as good as you are!

Stephanie

ScrappinBikerChick
03-30-2007, 06:16 AM
I have submitted, but never been published...yet. I think you should go for it. As long as the page comes from your heart, you are sure to be published eventually. Best of luck...can't wait to see one of your pages in a magazine! :wink:

Maisie
03-30-2007, 08:10 AM
I entered right after I started digi scrapping. Of course I never heard from them. LOL
I may try again someday.

twirlyjoy
03-30-2007, 08:20 AM
hhhhmmmm maybe i will, sometime, maybe!!