PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Helen Ehrenhofer!

Helen
09-22-2009, 07:55 PM
Hi everyone! Seems like forever since I've been online here. I thought I would stop in and start catching up on things since I left in June.

My husband's neck surgery finally happened on Sept 11 - and he got the flu a day after he got home. So it's been a rough 2 weeks. Though he is finally starting to get better now - from coughing - it's been tough - especially since he has to wear a neck brace for 3 months.

Surgery was to have happened in late June - then it got postponed by Doc until early August, and then a day before the surgery, my husband's old insurance cancelled out because as far as they were concerned - he was going to be 65 on Aug 30 and they wanted Medicare to cover the surgery. So surgery got postponed until Sept so that Medicare would pick it up. It sure is a hassle dealing with insurance companies.

As for me - I am still having physical therapy twice a week for my frozen shoulder (side effect of not using my arm after I had elbow surgery in April).
Went home to Ohio to visit my brothers in August - had not been there in 2 years. Then planned a surprise birthday party for my husband. Then got my upper teeth pulled and now have dentures - oh my - do I sound old! LOL.
Roots died on me this summer - due to years of grinding, diabetes (which I got last year) and years of meds. About 10 days after this - my husband had his surgery. I've been enjoying all the pastas and milk shakes and soft stuff that I can eat. But getting better each day.

SOOOOOOOOO now that I have TOTALLY bored you with my medical updates! LOL - I hope to be more visible again now - my husband is finally into recovery now - almost over the flu - after the surgery - and is on his laptop now. So maybe I can finally get some peace and quiet! LOL.

I see that the ST contest is going on - WOW! I am so far behind on everything.

HUGS to all of you who sent emails and well wishes. I have MISSED GDS and all of you SO much! You can't begin to imagine - how much I'd rather stayed on as a designer than go through the summer I've gone through.

Back at you later.
HUGS HUGS HUGS
Helen

hollandnancy
09-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Dear Helen, It's good to hear from you. Hope this is the beginning of lots of good things in your life.

britnkaysmemaw2
09-22-2009, 08:24 PM
How wonderful it is to see you posting here Helen and glad to know that you and your DH are both on the mend. You sure have been thru a lot. Hope we see you around a lot more. We sure do miss you and your great designs.

landofoz
09-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Nice to hear ,things are moving along for you (slowly)
Sorry to hear about your Diabetes i just moved onto Insulin and have been unwellas i just found out i have a heart Murmur.So helen watch those sugars and try to eat healthy,
listen to me i Love sweet stuff..........Shhhhhhh. Maggie

tbcarter2002
09-22-2009, 09:09 PM
It's great to see you posting here Helen. I'm so glad you and your DH are finally on the mend. I hope we'll be seeing a lot more of you around here now.

californiateri
09-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Glad to see you back Helen. Sounds like you've been thru the ringer this summer, hopefully things will lighten up now. My husband had a frozen shoulder, and now after a year it's finally almost back to normal - was a real nuisance for him though. Look forward to seeing some new stuff from you in the future. One of my favorite kits is your mini-kit Lavender Fields. I love the lavender with the denim. Anyway, welcome back.

elenasworld
09-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Hi Helen!
It is wonderful to hear from you!
I am so sorry you have both had a rough summer -- but I do wish the healing continues and goes well.

Hope you have a young, handsome, good to look at physical therapist with some healing hands!

donakat
09-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Hello, Helen, nice to see your posts again. Glad everything went well with your husband's surgery, and that you are progressing to wellness. We HAVE missed you!! Welcome back.

twirlyjoy
09-22-2009, 11:36 PM
Great to hear from you Helen! Glad things seem to be picking up for you after a rough summer. Looking forward to seeing you around again :)

HollyS
09-23-2009, 04:27 AM
Helen....................! So glad you stopped by to say and give us an update on you and your husband! Sure hope he heals fast and that you get back to not having to deal with health issues real soon!!

Debra
09-23-2009, 05:27 AM
Awww.... Great to see you Helen! I too hope hubby is all back to himself in no time and you find yourself with more time for all the fun things you enjoy!

You're sure a sight for sore eyes around here...!

e-Hugs!

j_camargo6
09-23-2009, 05:32 AM
LOL, I'm with Liz!

Good to hear from you Helen! I hope things continue to improve with you and your dh, and hope to see you around more :-)

Hi Helen!
It is wonderful to hear from you!
I am so sorry you have both had a rough summer -- but I do wish the healing continues and goes well.

Hope you have a young, handsome, good to look at physical therapist with some healing hands!

Gem
09-23-2009, 05:34 AM
Helen, It is good to hear from you. It seems the toughest things (surgery--yuk) are over and you and your husband's health is improving. Take care of yourself.

Hugs,
Gem

daisydilly
09-23-2009, 05:36 AM
sooo very glad to see you back at least posting. glad all went well with your husbands surgery. we have missed you here

Nance47
09-23-2009, 08:51 AM
Great to hear from you Helen.
A DH with back issues isn't that great. I can confirm that. My DH just had a pain managment course because there's nothing else the doctors can do. So he has to go through life with back pain all the time. It's hard, but when you talk about it you'll find a way through.
Thank god everything is going the right way for both of you.
Wish you and your husband all the luck for the recovering of all the issues

nichola
09-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Helen... so nice to hear from you! What a summer you have had! I have always appreciated the warm welcome you gave me when I first joined here (and you know I LOVE your designs!!! :) Sending you continued blessings as the healing continues and things work towards getting back to normal!

~nichola

tweederbug
09-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Glad that you stopped in for a quick hello. Glad things are looking better for you and your husbnad and I hope that your stay here is longer ..... that you can check in more now that the surgery is out of the way. Take care and many HUGS!

lizziej
09-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Welcome back! Hopefully things will only get better!!

2SparkleOn
09-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Hello Helen, It is great to hear from you. Here is hoping both you and your husband have speedy recoveries and that you end up feeling better than ever. You remain in our thoughts and prayers. Take care!

HisKid
09-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Hi Helen, it's great to hear from you!!! So glad to hear that your DH finally had his surgery and hope that both he and you are recovering. Will hopefully see you around a little but I know how real life can interfere with scrapping ... LOL. You both remain in our thoughts!

kcsimpson99
09-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Helen,
So nice to see you back on here again!!
Miss you more than you know...

Keep your spirits up and let the healing continue :)

Great big 'ole bear hugs from me to you, kid!!
Amy

michellemomof3
09-24-2009, 05:28 AM
Hi Helen, sounds like you've been BUSY!! We miss you (& your wonderful designs!) & hope to hear more from you soon.

emst
09-25-2009, 04:11 PM
I know we've been in touch but it's good to see that you came to post in here. I for one can't wait for you to get back to designing, I miss you terribly. And what's this about being old, not you, you're too young to think old. Glad Ken and you both are on the mend.
Hugs,
Elaine