PDA

View Full Version : Keyword help when posting LO's

emeraldsong
09-19-2009, 07:21 PM
In the process of the supreme team "tryout/contest", I have noticed that each designer/kit has a particular code which when entered in the keyword section which links the kit and LO together when seached. I have also noticed that these codes vary by designer.

Would it be possible to put the keyword code with the kit so that I can use the correct code?

It is terribly confusing for me and yet I really want to give the designers credit for the wonderful kits that they create.

Thanks!

britnkaysmemaw2
09-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Did you check your Instruction email for this kit. It may have the codes located there, but if not, go to the Store and to Dancing Princess Designs and to the Angels Among Us kit. Open it up as if you are going to purchase, and under Tech Info on the right hand side, you will see Product Code. Highlight the kit info there, right click, copy, then paste to the area in your upload link.

Hope this makes sense. If not, email Debra or Holly.

emeraldsong
09-19-2009, 07:46 PM
I did fine for this round - that's not the question.

It's more along the lines of - where are these keyword codes? They seem to be different for every designer (first name? last name? first and last name? initals of store name? do I put a dash or an underscore?). So, I would just like to know how to know what to put in the keyword area?

britnkaysmemaw2
09-19-2009, 07:52 PM
If you look thru the store, you will see that every kit has the Product Code for you to copy.

Product Code: dp-angelsamongus

This is the one for the Angels among us Kit. You would copy dp-angelsamongus

Designer: Dancing Princess Designs
File Size: 251 Megs

HollyS
09-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Thanks Cathy for assisting!

britnkaysmemaw2
09-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks Cathy for assisting!

You are welcome Holly. I know for the longest time I didn't know this info til Liz told me about it during a chat once.

Is this info in the Resources Tab?

landofoz
09-20-2009, 04:43 AM
hi Laura, are you meaning the code EG 1049?

elenasworld
09-20-2009, 07:09 AM
hi Laura, are you meaning the code EG 1049?

Nope.
when you are in the store, viewing each product,
the page where you get a description of the item, the cost, and the kit image

you will find a field called "product code"

If you copy this code and paste it in the "keyword" field when you are uploading a page to the gallery, it becomes clickable.
And the fun thing is, when a person clicks the code, it will bring up all the pages using that product from our gallery (of course, it only works like this when people copy and paste the code to their gallery pages)

And, the fun thing is, any "keyword" like happy, fally, princess...
anyword you put in the keyword field becomes clickable, and will link you up to other pages that have that word too. It is an easy way to see pages made using a kit, or even lots of pages with "dancing" --

I use it all the time to get inspiration and see pages that might be using a kit I am thinking of buying, or for pages on a theme and I might need some ideas.

Hope this helps you out!

honu
09-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the help in the keyword area! I never know what I'm really supposed to put there...now I do, mahalo nui loa! =)

emeraldsong
09-20-2009, 04:24 PM
If you look thru the store, you will see that every kit has the Product Code for you to copy.

This is the one for the Angels among us Kit. You would copy dp-angelsamongus

Designer: Dancing Princess Designs
File Size: 251 Megs

Thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for. I have never know where to find "the code". It has been a mystery to me and I really wanted to do this.

Laura