PDA

View Full Version : Easter Traditions?

steph
03-25-2007, 06:05 PM
Do any of you have any Easter traditions?

We are hopefully going to go to Mass on Easter Sunday, and besides that we like to have a little Easter Egg hunt with Justin. We are probably going to visit my parents this year, as well as my in-laws! It should be fun!!!

Stephanie

Maisie
03-25-2007, 09:15 PM
I think we'll be on the road this Easter. So we'll probably celebrate it the following weekend.
But we used to go to dawn services. I used to hide plastic eggs around the house for the kids. I'll probably do it for the Grandkids this year. I usually do a Prime Rib for dinner along with some Yorkshire Pudding, asparagus with hollindase (sp). Hmmm... Yummmm.Oh and I always make a cake in a lamb mold! LOL. I should do a page on my lamb cakes!!! LOL

twirlyjoy
03-25-2007, 10:39 PM
We go to my Dad's house on easter Sunday, as do my brothers and my SIL. My Mum started the tradition of an easter egg hunt when Emi was very little, and since she is gone, my Dad carries it on. The only year we didn't do it was last year as we were in Canada for Easter, so Marice's Mum Glenda did one for the girls - they were helped by Marcie's (teenage) kids as they knew her usual hiding places from when they were little!!

ckbymommy
03-26-2007, 07:44 AM
I usually do a big spiral honey ham dinner and have the family over. I've always done a 'bunny' hunt for the kids - kind of a treasure hunt where there is a clue on the table and they follow it to a little prize and the next clue. The clues eventually lead them to their baskets.

Last year I added an egg hunt for my 5 year old son and 3 year old granddaughter. And this year the 3 year old's little brother is 2 and can hunt now. My oldest son's girlfriend has a 3 year old as well. (and, of course, the teens love the hunt as much as the preschoolers, LOL) Maybe next year we can get our oldest and her 7y/o and 2 year old - oh, and she can bring the hubby, LOL.

Also, we attend a church service and serve during another one. This year we will probably attend and serve at a couple of the saturday services as it's always hard to pull ourselves away from the family when we get all or at least most of them gathered.