PDA

View Full Version : Who is getting ready for back to school?

elenasworld
08-10-2009, 10:55 AM
I am getting ready to send my girl to Pre-School
I spent over an hour on the phone with the school coordinator, who is stepping down. None of my dd's paperwork is there (mind you it was hand delievered with the first check and all the health and emergency forms), today was the day to pay tuition (I hadn't received any information) and school starts in September, not August like they told me back in the spring when we went out the "tour"...what a big mess :hairpull:

please tell me, is Kindergarten registration like this?
I feel like I need a vacation after all these phone calls

j_camargo6
08-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Pretty much, YES! It's one hassle after the next....

So sorry Liz! That stinks! I hope you can get it straightened out!

britnkaysmemaw2
08-10-2009, 01:38 PM
That stinks Liz. Hope you are getting it all straightened out. At least you have a little more time now. Gotta find the positive in the situation, right.

JAB
08-10-2009, 01:54 PM
ugh..registration is always a hassel-

My son started school today --YIPEE!!!
My daughter starts 4 yr. old preschool in September-
We have not done her registration/open house yet.....but my sons was actually pretty organized this year. the only problem we had was with the bus- they changed his bus and wanted to change the stop and time....what a mess, but it all worked out in the end!!

agarzaldynrd
08-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Sorry you are having such a problem. AT MY SCHOOL...lol....We start registration at the end of the year so all former students are pre-registered and don't have to show up until the "meet and greet" your teacher day. Then we only have to register pre-kinder and new students. Today was a breeze with lots of time for me to visit with new students. I love having children in our halls.

elenasworld
08-10-2009, 06:12 PM
i am so glad to know that i am not the only one to feel the frustrations of all this. i am one of those people who needs to know all the facts and requirements up front, so that I can prepare myself.

Anna -- I should give this pre-school director your number :laugh:. I have the feeling she is way over her head, especially now that the second in command is leaving unexpectedly (due to family) after 25 years in the position.

agarzaldynrd
08-10-2009, 06:33 PM
I believe your first experience should be positive and so we work on that. I really like to greet the new students and parents so that they know who I am and just in case they have "concerns" at a later time, they feel comfortable coming to visit with me!! Also, it is a good way to make sure the students have a positive experience and maybe they won't cry when their parent leave them in our care on the first day of school. Can you tell I LOVE MY JOB!!!

Blesha
08-11-2009, 01:03 AM
Over here the children start school on Monday the 17th of August this year. We went out 1 1/2 week ago and bought our boy a new pair of jeans, a new backpack, two t-shirts (one nice and one tough looking - which he picked out himself), and a pair of jogging pants. He's so happy about the new clothes. The new backpack still takes some getting used to, because he has to open two clasps instead of just pulling the zipper as he did on the backpack he had last year. I'm happy though, because now his folder won't get destroyed due to way too little room for it in the backpack.

agarzaldynrd
08-11-2009, 01:15 PM
I love watching the kids come in on that first day with all their new stuff!!! It is so much fun!!