PDA

View Full Version : Clipping on a Mac - PSE6

ScrapSewKnit
07-31-2009, 05:14 PM
Please forgive me if I'm missing something obvious. I haven't used Photoshop in a while, and never from my Mac. I want to clip my pictures/papers into a template running PSE6 on my Mac. I have the photo layer placed above the template opening. Normally, wouldn't I hit ctr-g and it would clip my picture? It's not working on my Mac. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Sarah L

ScrapSewKnit
07-31-2009, 05:19 PM
Okay, duh! It's command-G, not ctr-G. However, when I group it, it comes out slightly larger than the template square, and the template square is greyed out on top of the picture. Do I just delete the template after I group my picture with it? Thanks.

Cheers,
Sarah L

donakat
08-01-2009, 01:52 AM
Sarah,
If you want a photo to show behind a frame, then you layer from top down: frame, photo, template shape for photo. With the photo layer selected and immediately above the template shape, Use Command-G. The photo should come out exactly the same size as the template shape, and behind the opening in the frame. You shouldn't see the template on top at all. At this point, you can still move the photo around to get its placement right. Once it's as you want it, you can merge down to make the photo and template shape into one layer (select the photo and use Command-E).

ScrapSewKnit
08-01-2009, 11:30 PM
Thanks, Dona. I think it was just a funky template. I've been working on several other templates and haven't had the problem.

Cheers,
Sarah L