PDA

View Full Version : My baby is gone....

HollyS
07-29-2009, 04:15 AM
*sniff *sniff :cry:

Grandma and Grandpa are taking away our oldest son Sean for the first time. He just left....he'll be away from us for 10 days! I don't know how I'm gonna handle him being gone for that long!

How did you do your first time your baby left your nest????

ckbymommy
07-29-2009, 09:32 AM
My two oldest left for a week last week, that was their first time going without us. But since they are 16 and 18, I just enjoyed the peace and quiet, LOL.

I do have older children who are my husbands from a previous marriage that went on visits younger than that, but it was still in the teen years.

j_camargo6
07-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Oooh, the first time my oldest went to stay with her dad (across the country after not seeing or hearing from him much in 3 years) it was SO HARD! I just prayed for her constantly.

At least he's with people who you KNOW love him and have his best interests at heart!

Good luck!

donakat
07-29-2009, 11:31 AM
Funny, I never minded much having my kids go visit grandparents when they were little. But when they both went off to college, I was LONELY! Imagine that! I've honestly enjoyed my kids a lot more as adults than as kids. Back then, they were hard work!

tbcarter2002
07-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Holly, that 10 days will be over before you know it. Try to enjoy it. :laugh:

agarzaldynrd
07-29-2009, 01:50 PM
It's hard even when they are older. My baby is 21 and doesn't even live at home and I still worry about her. I pray for her all the time and call her daily. She also calls me daily and some days we talk 2-5 times. As long as it doesn't bother her, I'm ok with multiple phone calls.

He will be home soon and is in good hands.

Debra
07-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Awww.. Hugs, Sis... Seany will be just fine and have the time of his life! As for you.. hugs again sis...

twirlyjoy
07-30-2009, 12:33 AM
awwww, am sure it will be over before you know it! My Dad lives in the same village so no point in my girls staying with him, but I was in a right state when the oldest two went off on school trips for a week when they were 11!

Sending you lots of {{{{hugs}}}}

noweesnana
08-02-2009, 05:25 AM
My daughter was 12 before she stayed away from me for even 1 night. That was hard but nothing like the loneliness I felt when she moved out at age 19...empty nest syndrome is real!! So just take heart in knowing he will be returning home before you know it!

britnkaysmemaw2
08-02-2009, 06:38 PM
So Holly, the week is half over. How are you holding up? When my girls were little they spent every summer with my Mom, Dad & Sister. So, I was pretty used to them going away, but like someone else said, when they head off to college or move out and get married, then the Empty Nest Syndrome kicks in and that hits like a bomb. So, enjoy them while you can.

JAB
08-05-2009, 07:04 AM
It is very hard being away from them :(

Mine have never really left me... but I left them once ! My entire family planned a trip to Paris- My oldest was 3 and my baby was only 4 months old. I almost didn't go. We didn't know I was pregnant with her when we planned the trip.... I was having a hard enough time leaving my 3 yr. old, then to add an infant into the mix. It was a hard trip- but I enjoyed it and didn't worry about them to much ;) Now I sometimes beg people to take my kids for a few days- no one has taken me up on it yet... hmmmm???