PDA

View Full Version : Make me laugh

ckbymommy
03-21-2007, 08:26 PM
So my sister is getting married this weekend in Mississippi and my family was supposed be heading out tomorrow morning to attend. Unfortunately we aren't able to go now, so I am really bummed out.

So here's this weeks game ... tell me a joke, a pun, a silly poem, an observation, whatever you think will make me laugh. At the end of the month (when I was *supposed* to be coming back from vacation) I will randomize a number and the person who posted on that number will receive a coupon for a FREE DAILY DOWNLOAD!!

AND - anyone who makes me actually laught out loud will receive my silly strinng alpha

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/ckbymommy/business/sillypreview.jpg

steph
03-22-2007, 04:31 AM
I have a cute Justin story... does that count! I ashamedly have to admit that Dave and I have what I will term a "potty mouth", and our five year old, Justin, was picking it up. We tried punishing him, washing his mouth out with soap, you name it, we tried it! Finally, the other day, I came up with the idea of when Dave and I swear, we put money in a jar and Justin gets to keep, and if he swears, he has to put money in a jar, and we get to keep it. Well... we have been doing this since Tuesday, and we have seventy five cents in our jar from Justin, and he has ten dollars in his jar from us! This is at a quarter for each bad word...LOL!!! Anyway... the funny part was that the other night we were all getting ready for bed and we though Justin was asleep and Dave let a bad word fly, and all of a sudden out of the silence, we hear a little voice saying, "That'll be a quarter, Dad!!" I laughed so hard cause I just couldn't believe I heard it!!! So that's my funny!!! And I am so sad that you can't go, Melanie.... I hope you have a nice weekend any way!!!

Stephanie

griest
03-22-2007, 04:36 AM
awww ---so disapointing you can't go. hopefully this will put a smile on your face:

A man was walking along a California beach and stumbled across an old lamp. He picked it up and rubbed it and out popped a genie. The genie said, "OK. You released me from the lamp, blah blah blah. This is the fourth time this month and I'm getting a little sick of these wishes so you can forget about three. You only get one wish!" The man sat and thought about it for a while and said, "I've always wanted to go to Hawaii but I'm scared to fly and I get very seasick. Could you build me a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over there to visit?" The genie laughed and said, "That's impossible. Think of the logistics of that! How would the supports ever reach the bottom of the Pacific? Think of how much concrete...how much steel!! No, think of another
wish." The man said OK and tried to think of a really good wish. Finally, he said, "I've been married and divorced four times. My wives always said that I don't care and that I'm insensitive. So, I wish that I could understand women....know how they feel inside and what they're thinking when they give me the silent treatment....know why they're crying, know what they really want when they say 'nothing'....know how to make them truly happy...."
The genie asked, "Do you want that bridge two lanes or four?":hi:

twirlyjoy
03-22-2007, 04:39 AM
lol Steph and griest!! Am really sorry you can't go at the weekend Melanie - you'll just have to do lots of scrapping to make up for it!

Here's a funny story about Lucie and one of her classmates which I thought was funny/cute!Two years ago, Lucie was in Reception year at school, so all of the kids were 4 or 5 years old. One of the little boys went home to his Mum and said "Mum, I'm allergic to girls" to which she replied, "What?? All girls". He said "Well, all of them except Lucie, but she doesn't count"!!!

Am not sure on what grounds Lucie 'doesn't count', although probably cos she will be just as likely to play princesses with the girls as Star wars with the boys!! But, still, it was cute all the same!!

jonimarony
03-22-2007, 05:56 AM
Where in Mississippi are they getting married? I'm on the coast. Ok so for my joke... There is a little old lady who is at the dentist. She is nervous so as the dentist is putting on this gloves he thinks if he tells her a joke she will feel better. So the dentist asks her if she knows how they make the rubber gloves. She says no and he tells her that there is a factory with lots and lots of people in it with all different size hands. They put their hands in the melted rubber and when it dries they pull the gloves off. Just as the dentist gets ready to start the old lady starts to laugh. The dentist asks her what's so funny and she says.... I wonder if they make condems the same way.

ckbymommy
03-22-2007, 06:05 AM
Cute stories Steph and Joy! Funny joke Kim! Joni, that one did make me laugh out loud!!

Thanks, and keep them coming, you are starting to lift my spirits!

Joni, the one getting married is in South Haven, and another sister is in Byhalia, plus a brother in Olive Branch.

Also, watching Good Morning America a few minutes ago, I see that there are some pretty bad storms right where we would be driving through to get there - and I do believe that there is always a reason for everything .....

Cherry47
03-22-2007, 06:11 AM
I loved this one.

griest
03-22-2007, 07:30 AM
Keep laughin!

Jack was living in Arizona during a heat wave when the following took place.

"It's just too hot to wear clothes today," complained Jack as he stepped out of the shower. "Honey, what do you think the neighbors would think if I mowed the lawn like this?"

"Probably that I married you for your money.":D

ginabee
03-22-2007, 10:01 AM
My grandson & I were walking in the yard, talking. He had a Tootsie pop in his mouth. I was telling him about the flowers how they come up from the ground & bloom. He said, "Mimi, I know what will happen if I fall down with my Tootsie pop". I said, "What"? He said, "It will grow a Tootsie pop tree". I laughed so hard at what a child can think up. He was about 4.

ckbymommy
03-22-2007, 01:23 PM
My great aunt sent me this one, it made me chuckle .....

Jim and Edna

Jim and Edna were both patients in a mental hospital.

One day while they were walking past the hospital swimming pool, Jim suddenly jumped into the deep end. He sank to the bottom of the Pool and stayed there.

Edna promptly jumped in to save him. She swam to the bottom, pulled Jim out
and brought him to his room. When the hospital director became aware of Edna's heroic act, she immediately ordered that Edna be discharged from the
hospital because she now considered Edna to be mentally stable.

She went to Edna and said, "I have some good news and some bad news. The
good news is that you're being discharged because you responded so rationally to a crisis. By jumping in the pool to save the life of another patient, you displayed sound mindedness. The bad news is that Jim, the patient you saved, hung himself in his bathroom with his bathrobe belt right after you saved him. I am so sorry, but he's dead."

Edna replied, "He didn't hang himself. I put him there to dry. How soon can I go home?"

ckbymommy
03-22-2007, 01:30 PM
And one from my sister in law that made me giggle ....

The picture on the nightstand.....

After a long night of making love, he notices a photo of another man on her nightstand by the bed.

He begins to worry.. "Is this your husband?" he nervously asks.

"No, silly," she replies, snuggling up to him.

"Your boyfriend, then?" he continues.

"No, not at all," she says, nibbling away at his ear.

"Is it your dad or your brother?" he inquires, hoping to be reassured.

"No, no, no! You are so hot when you're jealous!" she answers.

"Well, who in the hell is he, then?" he demands.

"That's me before the surgery.

babydoe
03-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Sorry about the wedding. But these stories are funny. I don't know if you all will find this funny, but I did:

Q: What do you call twins who are police? :stupido2:
A: Copies :laugh:

HollyS
03-22-2007, 04:10 PM
You all are too funny!

griest
03-22-2007, 05:34 PM
one more for the woon to be married couple--

She left him on the sofa when the phone rang, and was back in a few seconds.

"Who was it?" he asked.
"My husband," she replied.
"I better get going," he said. "Where was he?"
"Relax. He'll be late, he's playing poker with you."

casey4
03-23-2007, 04:50 PM
These are great!!!

Maisie
03-23-2007, 05:05 PM
These are too funny.

Here is mine. My daughter sent this too me.

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with
their tedious diatribes about how hard things were
when they were growing up; what with walking
twenty-five miles to school every morning ... uphill
BOTH ways .. yadda, yadda, yadda

And I remember promising myself
that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going
to lay a bunch of crap like that on kids about how
hard I had it and how easy they've got it!

But now that...

I'm over the ripe old age of thirty, I can't help but look around and
notice the youth of today. You've got it so easy!
I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a damn Utopia!
And I hate to say it but you kids today you don't know
how good you've got it!

I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have The Internet.
If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the
damn library and look it up ourselves, in the card
catalog!!

There was no email! ! We had to actually write somebody
a letter ... with a pen! Then you had to walk all the
way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it
would take like a week to get there!

There were no MP3's or Napsters! You wanted to steal music, you had to
hitchhike to the damn record store and shoplift it yourself!

Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the
DJ'd usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up!

We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone
and somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it!

And we didn't have fancy Caller ID Boxes either! When
the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could
be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your
drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't
know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video games
with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the
Atari 2600! With games like "Space Invaders" and
"asteroids" and the graphics sucked ass! Your guy was
a little square! You actually had to use your
imagination! And there were no multiple
levels or screens, it was just one screen forever!
And you could never win. The game just kept getting
harder and harder and faster and faster until you
died! . Just like LIFE!

When you went to the movie theater there was no such thing
as stadium seating! All the seats were the same
height! If a tall guy or some old broad with a hat
sat in front of you and you couldn't see, you were
just screwed!

Sure, we had cable television, but back then that was
only like 15 channels and there was no onscreen menu
and no remote control! You had to use a little book
called a TV Guide to find out what was on!

You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You
had to get off your ass and walk over to the TV to
change the channel and there was no Cartoon Network
either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday
Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying!?! We had to
wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little
rat-bastards!

And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heat
something up . we had to use the stove or go build a
frigging fire ...
imagine that! If we wanted popcorn, we had to use
that stupid JiffyPop thing and shake it over the stove
forever like an idiot.

That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids
today have got it too easy. You're spoiled.

You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1980!

Regards,
The over 30 Crowd (or almost 30)

goofeejules
03-23-2007, 05:33 PM
My 3 year old son was telling his grandma (my mom) one day that Mommy had a baby in her tummy. My mom said well how did it get there? He says - she ate it! (we've been telling him since he was little that when he eats, the food goes into his tummy so he just naturally assumed that is how babies get into mommies tummies...) The things kids say!

steph
03-23-2007, 06:20 PM
We certainly all have a good sense of humour around here... thanks for sharing!!! It is good to have some where to go to get a smile on your face when you are having a bad day!

Stephanie

ckbymommy
03-23-2007, 10:17 PM
A sweet grandmother telephoned Mount Sinai Hospital . She timidly asked, "Is it possible to speak to someone who can tell me how a patient is doing?" The operator said "I'll be glad to help, Dear. What's the name and room number?" The grandmother in her weak tremulous voice said, "Holly Finkel, room 302." The Operator replied, "Let me check. Oh, good news. Her records say that Holly is doing very well. Her blood pressure is fine; her blood work just came back as normal and her physician, Dr. Cohen, has scheduled her to be discharged Tuesday." The Grandmother said, "Thank you. That's wonderful! I was so worried! God bless you for the good news." The operator replied, "You're more than welcome. Is Holly your daughter?" The Grandmother said, "No, I'm Holly Finkel in 302. No one tells me nothin'.

bay_girl
03-24-2007, 06:41 AM
As a trucker stops for a red light, a blonde catches up. She jumps out of her car, runs up to his truck, and knocks on the door. The trucker lowers the window, and she says "Hi, my name is Heather and you are losing some of your load."
The trucker ignores her and proceeds down the street. When the truck stops for another red light, the girl catches up again. She jumps out of her car, runs up and knocks on the door. Again, the trucker lowers the window. As if they've never spoken, the blonde says brightly,"Hi my name is Heather, and you are losing some of your load!"
Shaking his head, the trucker ignores her again and continues down the street. At the third red light, the same thing happens again. All out of breath, the blonde gets out of her car, runs up, knocks on the truck door. The trucker rolls down the window. Again she says "Hi, my name is Heather, and you are losing some of your load!"
When the light turns green the trucker revs up and races to the next light. When he stops this time, he hurriedly gets out of the truck, and runs back to the blonde. He knocks on her window, and after she lowers it, he says...
"Hi, my name is Kevin, it's winter in Michigan and I'm driving the SALT TRUCK!"

bay_girl
03-24-2007, 06:48 AM
Im sure some of you will remember getting some of these emails at one point anyway!

My Last Day on the Internet

I must send my thanks to whoever sent me the one about rat poop in the glue on envelopes because I now have to use a wet towel with every envelope that needs sealing.
Also, now I have to scrub the top of every can I open for the same reason.
I no longer have any savings because I gave it to a sick girl (Penny Brown) who is about to die in the hospital for the 1,387,258th time.
I no longer have any money at all, but that will change once I receive the $15,000 that Bill Gates/Microsoft and AOL are sending me for participating in their special e-mail program.
I no longer worry about my soul because I have 363,214 angels looking out for me, and St. Theresa's novena has granted my every wish.
I no longer eat KFC because their chickens are actually horrible mutant freaks with no eyes or feathers.
I no longer use cancer-causing deodorants even though I smell like a water buffalo on a hot day.
Thanks to you, I have learned that my prayers only get answered if I forward an email to seven of my friends and make a wish within five minutes.
Because of your concern I no longer drink Coca Cola because it can remove toilet stains.
I no longer can buy gasoline without taking a man along to watch the car so a serial killer won't crawl in my back seat when I'm pumping gas
I no longer drink Pepsi or Dr. Pepper since the people who make these products are atheists who refuse to put "Under God" on their cans.
I no longer use Saran wrap in the microwave because it causes cancer.
And thanks for letting me know I can't boil a cup water in the microwave anymore because it will blow up in my face...disfiguring me for life.
I no longer check the coin return on pay phones because I could be pricked with a needle infected with AIDS.
I no longer go to shopping malls because someone will drug me with a perfume sample and rob me.
I no longer receive packages from UPS or FedEx since they are actually Al Qaeda in disguise.
I no longer shop at Target since they are French and don't support our American troops or the Salvation Army.
I no longer answer the phone because someone will ask me to dial a number for which I will get a phone bill with calls to Jamaica, Uganda, Singapore, and Uzbekistan.
I no longer have any sneakers -- but that will change once I receive my free replacement pair from Nike.
I no longer buy expensive cookies from Neiman Marcus since I now have their recipe.
Thanks to you, I can't use anyone's toilet but mine because a big brown African spider is lurking under the seat to cause me instant death when it bites my butt.
Thank you too for all the endless advice Andy Rooney has given us. I can live a better life now because he's told us how to fix everything.
And thanks to your great advice, I can't ever pick up $5.00 I dropped in the parking lot because it probably was placed there by a sex molester waiting underneath my car to grab my leg.
Oh, and don't forget this one either! I can no longer drive my car because I can't buy gas from certain gas companies!
If you don't send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 70 minutes, a large dove with diarrhea will land on your head at 5:00 PM this afternoon and the fleas from 12 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump. I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbor's ex-mother-in- law's second husband's cousin's beautician.
Have a wonderful day....

A South American scientist from Argentina, after a lengthy study, has discovered that people with insufficient brain and sexual activity read their e-mail with their hand on the mouse. Don't bother taking it off now, it's too late

ckbymommy
03-24-2007, 07:32 AM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/ckbymommy/smilies/RoflLg.gif

bay girl -you crack me up!! Those were both great!

I have an aunt that sends me all those forwards, and everytime I send her the link to the article at snopes to show her that they are bogus. She still keeps believing all this stuff that people send her, LOL.

On that deodorant one, I hadn't heard that until last week when my 7th grader came home and said his SCIENCE TEACHER told him that aluminum in deodorant would give him cancer. Come on!!! It took me months of nagging him to even get him to use the stuff on a regular basis!
So, over spring break I am printing out all the studies showing that the theory is false and leaving them in her box at school

I mean COME ON!!! A science teacher!!

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled jokes .......

Andrea
03-24-2007, 10:57 AM
This makes me laugh now, but it didn't when it happened.

I had taken my 9 year old son for an orthodontist appointment and I had my three other children with me. We were watching a movie while my son was in the chair. Then, the orthodontist called me back to the back room to tell me about my son's new retainer. Well, I left my girls (ages 3 and 7) in a chair to watch the cartoon for just a minute and took the baby with me.

I had only been in the back room for only about 60 seconds when my 7 year old comes back to tell me that the 3 year old took her clothes off! I panick and run up to the front and find that she has taken all of her clothes off in a crowded waiting room and gone pee pee on the floor! AND all of this happened in about 60 seconds! Needless to say, the office ladies were trying really hard not to laugh and to be professional, but they were so distracted that they made the next appointment for 6 months later rather than 6 weeks later.

So, after I have all of my kids in the car and I figure the embarrassment is over, I have to go back in to fix the appointment and the whole office staff is just roaring. It was the most embarrasing moment of my life!

tjmuse
03-24-2007, 11:00 AM
I am no good at jokes. but I do have a cat that likes to sleep on the printer only can't seem to stay on it. she falls off while she is sleeping:biggrin:

twirlyjoy
03-24-2007, 12:03 PM
My 10 year old daughter, Emi slept over at her friends last night, and as she only lives across from us, Em walked home early this morning as she was going out with my Dad. Because she has left so early from the friend's, I asked her if she had had breakfast. She said "yeah, we had toast ...oh... and.. ummmhhhh... a cake" to which I replied light-heartedly "great healthy breakfast"!! She immediately jumped on the defensive and said "well, thats what sophie had" I said that it really didn't matter - it was a one-off and as she wasn't eating cakes for breakfast every morning, it really wasn't an issue. To which she replied "oh, good, cos we didn't really have the toast "!!!!!!!!

ckbymommy
03-24-2007, 01:05 PM
LOL - don't you love how they try to soften the blow when they 'come clean' about something they feel guilty about, LOL!

My 10 year old daughter, Emi slept over at her friends last night, and as she only lives across from us, Em walked home early this morning as she was going out with my Dad. Because she has left so early from the friend's, I asked her if she had had breakfast. She said "yeah, we had toast ...oh... and.. ummmhhhh... a cake" to which I replied light-heartedly "great healthy breakfast"!! She immediately jumped on the defensive and said "well, thats what sophie had" I said that it really didn't matter - it was a one-off and as she wasn't eating cakes for breakfast every morning, it really wasn't an issue. To which she replied "oh, good, cos we didn't really have the toast "!!!!!!!!

casey4
03-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Many, Many years ago, we used to go hunting with my dad in an old citrus grove. In the grove was an old cabin were the owner used to live - and he had long since died. Having no trash pick up in the country the debris was placed outside. Mine you the organic matter had long since gone, leaving the materials that did not break down. We loved to explore the heap, finding all kinds of things from the early 1900's. All kinds of bottles and cans. My brother really enjoyed finding these things - and one time he came across the most unusual shaped bottle with letters in it. He proclaimed that he had found a vine gar bottle. So we all came to look at it. Looking at the bottle -it was actually a most unusual vinegar bottle. To this day we still kid my brother about his vine gar bottle which he still has.

griest
03-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Long ago, when my MS was a spunky 6 or 7 year old, he went with some friends of ours and their son to watch some fireworks. when they returned, my DH and I walked out to the car to greet them. the adults were grinning like the cat who just ate the canary. when we asked what was up, they politley replied " We heard that you sleep naked." As i slowly reddened from my head to my toes, my DS was giggling like crazy in the back seat. It just goes to show that you don't let them know what you don't want told.! LOL

redring
03-25-2007, 05:57 PM
so fun! wish I had one to tell. I really loved some of these. Ive been reading them to DH.

ckbymommy
03-29-2007, 06:46 AM
:bump: still time to get your jokes in! Here's one my great aunt sent me this morning .....

DOCTORS

1. A man comes into the ER and yells, "My wife's going to have her baby in the cab!" I grabbed my stuff, rushed out to the cab, lifted the lady's dress, and began to take off her underwear. Suddenly I noticed that there were several cabs ---and I was in the wrong one. Submitted by Dr. Mark MacDonald, San Antonio , TX

2. At the beginning of my shift I placed a stethoscope on an elderly and slightly deaf female patient's anterior chest wall. "Big breaths," I instructed. "Yes, they used to be," replied the patient. Submitted by Dr. Richard Byrnes, Seattle , WA

3. One day I had to be the bearer of bad news when I told a wife that her husband had died of a massive myocardial infarct. Not more than five minutes later, I heard her reporting to the rest of the family that he had died of a "massive internal fart." Submitted by Dr. Susan Steinberg

4. During a patient's two week follow-up appointment with his cardiologist, he informed me, his doctor, that he was having trouble with one of his medications. "Which one?" I asked. "The patch, the nurse told me to put on a new one every six hours and now I'm running out of places to put it!" I had him quickly undress and discovered what I hoped I wouldn't see. Yes, the man had over fifty patches on his body! Now, the instructions include removal of the old patch before applying a new one. Submitted by Dr. Rebec ca St. Clair, Norfolk , VA

5.. While acquainting myself with a new elderly patient, I asked, "How long have you been bedridden?" After a look of complete confusion she answered..."Why, not for about twenty years - when my husband was alive." Submitted by Dr. Steven Swanson, Corvallis , OR

6. I was caring for a woman and asked, "So how's your breakfast this morning?" "It's very good, except for the Kentucky Jelly. I can't seem to get used to the taste" the patient replied. I then asked to see the jelly and the woman produced a foil packet labeled "KY Jelly." Submitted by Dr. Leonard Kransdorf, Detroit , MI

7. A nurse was on duty in the Emergency Room when a young woman with purple hair styled into a punk rocker Mohawk, sporting a variety of tattoos, and wearing strange clothing, entered. It was quickly determined that the patient had acute appendicitis, so she was scheduled for immediate surgery. When she was completely disrobed on the operating table, the staff noticed that her pubic hair had been dyed green, and above it there was a tattoo that read, "Keep off the grass." Once the surgery was completed, the surgeon wrote a short note on the patient's dressing, which said, "Sorry, had to mow the lawn." Submitted by RN no name

AND FINALLY!!!................

8. As a new, young MD doing his residency in OB , I was quite embarrassed when performing female pelvic exams. To cover my embarrassment I had unconsciously formed a habit of whistling softly. The middle-aged lady upon whom I was performing this exam suddenly burst out laughing and further embarrassing me. I looked up from my work and sheepishly said, "I'm sorry. Was I tickling you?" She replied, "No doctor, but the song you were whistling was, "I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Wiener".

Cherry47
03-29-2007, 07:03 AM
Whew, I thought I was too late. A friend of mine sent me this one and I love it.

"Smith climbs to the top of Mt. Sinai to get close enough to talk to God.
Looking up, he asks the Lord... "God, what does a million years mean to you?"
The Lord replies, "A minute."
Smith asks, "And what does a million dollars mean to you?"
The Lord replies, "A penny."
Smith asks, "Can I have a penny?"
The Lord replies, "In a minute."

dranet
03-30-2007, 05:06 AM
Hi, I'm new here. I think your idea is a cute one!

Here are some genealogy related jokes:

Wherever there's a will, you'll see an heir loom.
:wink:

"My family's ancestry is very old," said one club member trying to impress the group. "We can be traced back to the early kings of Europe." Then, turning to a lady sitting nearby, she asked, "And how old is your family dear?"

"I really don't know," replied the lady with a sweet smile. "All our family records were lost in the great flood." :twitcy:

The cheapest way to have your family tree traced is to run for public office.
:laugh:

Epitaph:
Here lies the body of Harry Hershfield.
If not, notify Ginsberg & Co. Undertakers at once.
:eek1

ckbymommy
03-31-2007, 10:35 AM
:bump:

Get your jokes posted for my silly string alpha, and one lucky winner will be drawn for a !FREE! daily download rewind coupon.

You have through Sunday (April Fools Day) night - winner will be drawn on Monday morning.

ckbymommy
03-31-2007, 10:41 AM
My teen-ism of the day ....

Recently my jeans started feeling a bit snug - dang dryer! (just don't look at my scale or you will know the true reason, LOL) So, I washd them in cold water, stretched them out while they were wet, then air dried them. After that, I started cold washing/air drying them all the time.

Well, one load I accidentally got a pair of my teen daughter's jeans in with mine. When she went to wear them, she was so mad because they were "scratchy and stiff". I explained why I was doing my pants that way and that I hadn't intended to get hers in the load.

About a week later, she washed a load of her pants and left them in the washer. When I went in to do a load, I threw hers in the dryer. Next day, she gets mad again, "Why did you dry my pants!?!". I just stood there and stared at her with what I am sure was a very dumbfounded look on my face.

ckbymommy
04-02-2007, 08:12 AM
I have sent my silly string alpha out to everyone who posted a joke over the past week and a half, so if you didn't get it yet or couldn't get it to download/unzip properly, please PM me and I will make it right!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/ckbymommy/smilies/thewinnerissmilie.gif

I had the randomizer pull a number for me and it was 17. Congrats goofeejules - I will send your coupon soon!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/ckbymommy/smilies/congrats.gif

My 3 year old son was telling his grandma (my mom) one day that Mommy had a baby in her tummy. My mom said well how did it get there? He says - she ate it! (we've been telling him since he was little that when he eats, the food goes into his tummy so he just naturally assumed that is how babies get into mommies tummies...) The things kids say!

goofeejules
04-03-2007, 07:09 AM
Whooo -hooo! Thanks Melanie!!

I have one more little giggle for ya... Last night we colored our Easter eggs as my dd is going to be by my ex-husband for Easter this year. After we got done coloring eggs, my 3 year old says that he wants to eat one. So he picks a brightly colored yellow one & gets it egg peeled & then takes a big bite out of it. He looks at it after biting it & says this one isnt any good, the inside got colored yellow too! Off to the garbage that one went. So he takes another egg & says the same thing & tells me that none of these eggs are good because the inside of the eggs are colored.

casey4
04-11-2007, 11:05 AM
These were great!!

charmed52
04-29-2007, 03:17 PM
So my sister is getting married this weekend in Mississippi and my family was supposed be heading out tomorrow morning to attend. Unfortunately we aren't able to go now, so I am really bummed out.

So here's this weeks game ... tell me a joke, a pun, a silly poem, an observation, whatever you think will make me laugh. At the end of the month (when I was *supposed* to be coming back from vacation) I will randomize a number and the person who posted on that number will receive a coupon for a FREE DAILY DOWNLOAD!!

AND - anyone who makes me actually laught out loud will receive my silly strinng alpha

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/ckbymommy/business/sillypreview.jpg

here's my joke

A Female prayer:biggrin:

Before I lay me down to sleep,
I pray for a man, who's not a creep,
One who's handsome, smart and strong,
One who loves to listen long,
One who thinks before he speaks,
One who'll call, not wait for weeks
I pray he's gainfully employed,
When I spend his cash, won't be annoyed.:eek1
Pulls out my chair and opens my door,
Massages my back and begs to do more.
Oh! Send me a man, who'll make love to my mind,
Knows what to answer to ";How big is my behind?" :cry:
I pray that this man will love me to no end,
And never attempt to hit on my friend.
And as I pray beside my bed,
I look at the clown you sent me instead. :rolleyes1:
Amen

hope u like it

jmcsocal@verizon.net
05-01-2007, 11:54 AM
GREAT ALPHA WOULD LOVE IT. THANKS JEANNE. GOT ANY MORE FREEBIES I,M NEW TO DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKING.:laugh: :laugh: