PDA

View Full Version : How many photos do you keep

elenasworld
07-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Hi There
My dh and I have different ideas about photo taking and storing.
He likes to take a few good photos per ocassion, and delete right away ones he thinks are "soft" or just not what he was going for. He deletes photos he has taken, before I have even seen them, which really does irritate me.

I love to take as many photos as my SD card will allow -- :laugh:
I can easily take 500+ photos from a trip to the park or petting zoo
(the motor drive feature is my friend!)
I like to take my time looking through photos and have a hard time deleting anything but the completely fuzzy or ones where I have totally messed up.
I always see an opportunity (you know, blending modes are my favorite)

I was wondering how everyone else handles their digital photos

sparkles
07-22-2009, 04:23 PM
I take all kinds of photos depending on the event. I am the phototaker in my family. I love to take photos. I usally don't delete photos, probbably should but I don't.

hollandnancy
07-22-2009, 04:34 PM
I take zillions of photos - that's the beauty of digital. I don't delete any during a trip or event and even when I get home I only delete the truly terrible ones. A DVDtakes care of the storage problem.

scrappintwins
07-22-2009, 05:35 PM
I take zillions of photos - that's the beauty of digital. I don't delete any during a trip or event and even when I get home I only delete the truly terrible ones. A DVDtakes care of the storage problem.

That's exactly how I do it! I even have a hard time deleting the really bad ones lol.

donakat
07-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Me, too! I never delete any till I've had a chance to see if they can be rescued or altered to be useful. Even blurry ones can work in some situations.

britnkaysmemaw2
07-22-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm a keeper of the photos, lol. Never know when you might be able to do something great with that one photo you just weren't sure of at the time.

eb2177
07-22-2009, 10:41 PM
I am so with you guys. I take and keep sooo many photos. I'm trying to be a little better about getting rid of the truly pointless photos. (like the ones that are just blurry color and nothing else, when the 3 year old is moving to fast and the camera focusing to slow :laugh: ), but I will admit that there are a few of those still on the computer too. :twitcy:

jimmyrose
07-23-2009, 04:22 AM
I take so many photos and keep almost all of them. I put them on DVDs and back up to a portable hard drive. I almost never delete a photo. I just tell my DH that the delete button does not work. :lmao: My sister just went on vacation and took only one memory card and no laptop. :no: She takes pictures and deletes the ones she doesn't like right away. Her vacation lasted 2 weeks and she told me that she had lots of photos, almost 100! :bigeyes: That was really funny. Only 100 photos from a two week vacation lol.

agarzaldynrd
07-23-2009, 05:57 AM
I don't take as many as I should. Especially now that I'm digi-scrapping, I've noticed the lack of pics and I don't like to use the same pic for more than one lo. I do keep all that I take and don't delete until I download to my laptop and get a better view. I usually have a blank memory card so I have enough space. Plan on taking as many as possible in Vegas in a few days and I'm going to remember to take tons at Christmas!!

daisydilly
07-23-2009, 08:13 AM
i carry my camers with me everywhere i go because i never know what i'm going to see along the way. Sorta like the Bigfoot I saw recently. Will post a link to that pic

http://daisysdillydoings.blogspot.com/

go here and look for BigFoot spotted in Ohio. This should prove to you that one sahould always carry their cameras and never delete pics

donakat
07-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Funny picture! You're right about keeping your camera with you. Just think of all the pictures you missed when you didn't have the camera.

susiegirl
07-23-2009, 10:37 AM
I keep most of the pics I take. At a later date, one of those pics may just be the exact one I need for the project I am working on!!!!

ckbymommy
07-23-2009, 04:09 PM
My hubby is like yours, if he even thinks to take any photos at all (which really irks me when I'm counting on him to be the photographer, especially considering that photography is his occupation, LOL).

I take as many as I can when I'm in control of the camera, but when I download them to the computer, I do delete any that didn't come out to my expectations unless I can fix whatever problem they may have.