PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to loose weight with me?

scrappintwins
07-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Ok, so I'm really tired of lugging this extra weight around! I know I won't and can't do it without some support! So who wants to join me in reaching your weight loss goal?
We'll make it fun and maybe even have little prizes for the most weight lost.
So what do you say? Help me shed these extra pounds!!*woot

j_camargo6
07-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Wahoo, Christy! You go girl! Sounds like fun...count me in!

Scrappinsass
07-15-2009, 10:20 PM
I'll be more than happy to join you after I get back from my vacation - I'm going home for 2 months and will REALLY need to loose a bit before Christmas rolls around! :twitcy:

mom2snn
07-15-2009, 10:52 PM
I'll be game as soon as this baby gets here. I need to loose around 100lbs, that's with the baby weight :eek1 On a positive note though, I've only gained 8lbs my whole pregnancy. That's great compared to the 50-60 I gained with my daughter.

Give me time to pop this kid out and recover and I'm so in lmao!

twirlyjoy
07-15-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm in!!!

I have been doing WW online for about the last 2 1/2 months and have lost a total of 12lbs so far which I am really pleased about but still have some more to go!

irishblues
07-15-2009, 11:37 PM
This sounds like a great idea! Losing weight is so much better with friends. My daughter is 7 months old now and though I lost the few lbs I gained with her I still have 50-60lbs that needs to go. I have a back injury from a vehicle accident 2 years ago and have been frustrated with what excercise I am capable of, but I would love to take part in the fun and do what I can. I guess anything is better than nothing. So how does this work?

scrappintwins
07-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Awesome girls!! I'm so excited now!
I figured we could share some good recipes and our favorite exercies and all that.
We need to all make "before" layouts!! That would be so fun to look back on when we reach our goals!!
Oh and Jenn, we need a blinkie lol....what should we call our little group?

mosser77
07-16-2009, 03:48 AM
yes, please. i suck at being my own motivator! i keep paying for WW online, but I don't check in often. I have been doing Wii Active, which I LOVE. I can tell a difference as far as stamina, but I would honestly rather see that nasty around my belly disappear, lol.

adriana
07-16-2009, 04:31 AM
Can I join you girls?
Please, please, please I need some motivation. I need to loose at least 20 lbs.
but by myself I start to give up after 2 or 3 days!
Let me know how to start. It will be nice to have some partners that understand.

:confused1:

agarzaldynrd
07-16-2009, 05:31 AM
OK, I want in!!! I did Atkins about 5 years ago and lost 70 lbs!!! BUT since then I've gained about 30-35 back!!! Gotta get rid of the extra weight. Since early June I've lost about 10 lbs. but it is always those last few that hurt so badly. Count me in!!

mom2snn
07-16-2009, 06:20 AM
We could call it the GDS Weight Watchers lol

Or The Scrappin' Losers :laugh:

The motto could be "Loosin' While Scrappin'!"

That's all I can think of lol I'm sure we can come up with something better :wink:

Debra
07-16-2009, 06:48 AM
Oh.. I'd like to join you ladies too...! I've been trying to lose weight since March and am really struggling now with those final 10 pounds!

Erin.. I love the wii too..I've been doing the "fit" program!

daisydilly
07-16-2009, 06:56 AM
weght loss gets harder as we get older-i'm 52 and can't get the weight off for anything. I've tried a dozen things and always lose interest after a few days. The most important thing is keeping a food journal that way you can see just how bad/good you are doing.
good luck everyone

mosser77
07-16-2009, 07:04 AM
Oh.. I'd like to join you ladies too...! I've been trying to lose weight since March and am really struggling now with those final 10 pounds!

Erin.. I love the wii too..I've ben doing the "fit" program!

I have Wii Fit, too. That's the reason I bought a Wii. I love Wii Fit, but I don't work up a sweat like I do on Wii Active. I love the balance games on there, tho, and I'll challenge you to a game of tennis any day :laugh:

donakat
07-16-2009, 07:24 AM
This sounds like it could really help. I have a really hard time motivating myself for it, maybe a group will whip me into shape:laugh:, so count me in!

jenn611
07-16-2009, 07:30 AM
Count me in too.. I really need to get rid of the baby weight that I put on!!!! I'm excited to have help!!!! :)

Chanin
07-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Count me in too, Christy! I was just thinking of asking someone to join me the other day, so this is perfect! I just need others to hold me accountable!! I only want to lose my last 8 lbs, but aren't the last ones always the hardest?? I know they are for me!

Anyway, I LOVE doing the Wii Fit, but finding time to do it is hard (since I'd rather be scrapping!! lol)

Debra
07-16-2009, 10:40 AM
I have Wii Fit, too. That's the reason I bought a Wii. I love Wii Fit, but I don't work up a sweat like I do on Wii Active. I love the balance games on there, tho, and I'll challenge you to a game of tennis any day :laugh:

LOL..you should have seen me when I had to get down and do a push up... now I can actually do about 10..!!

scrapmami
07-16-2009, 12:52 PM
I had lost about 15 pounds of baby fat last year, but have since fallen off the wagon :) and have gained 5 back. I really want to lose 10-15 more pounds. 15 would get me to my wedding day weight. Not sure if that's possible after 3 kids, 7 years and quitting smoking (6 years ago), but I'm going to try!

RN_Meow
07-16-2009, 01:13 PM
I am sooooo in!!! I need to lose about 40lb to be ideal but at this point I would be happy with 20. I love doing yoga and even my 4yr will do it with me. When do we post our before layouts by? Are we going to check in once a week maybe just a picture posted? Just an idea. I love being held accountable. Have any of you ever tried the body for life program? I did it once before I had kids and I am thinkin about kickin it back up. You have to keep a journal of exercises and menus. Would be so cute all dolled up with some digi pretties. Maybe we could all pretty up a page and share them.

lgameau
07-16-2009, 02:11 PM
this sounds like fun! I do not think that I need to lose much, but I need to be held accountable and get some motivation! I really need to tone that mummy tummy!! :twitcy:
I also did the body for life program before kids! I have also looked at the abs diet books.
Count me in, although I probably can't start until after I have stopped breast feeding.

irishblues
07-17-2009, 01:12 AM
I am sooooo in!!! I need to lose about 40lb to be ideal but at this point I would be happy with 20. I love doing yoga and even my 4yr will do it with me. When do we post our before layouts by? Are we going to check in once a week maybe just a picture posted? Just an idea. I love being held accountable. Have any of you ever tried the body for life program? I did it once before I had kids and I am thinkin about kickin it back up. You have to keep a journal of exercises and menus. Would be so cute all dolled up with some digi pretties. Maybe we could all pretty up a page and share them.

I did the Body For Life program after my first kid. I lost 75 lbs. The program is awesome but kinda high maintenance. With my 7 month old around and my injury I can't do the program. It sucks cause it works well!! I bet you do great on it cause I remeber how addicting it can be. Especially when the results are so incredible.

irishblues
07-17-2009, 01:30 AM
Though I think the before page is a great idea, it will be very hard for me because I avoid all pictures if possible. I have always had a very low self esteem. I was was raised that way. To this day my parents will make fat comments to me or tell me how much better I look skinny. This doesn't help that is for sure. Then I have my husband who thinks I look fine the way I am and can't understand why I hate the way I look. Well his last wife was over 300 lbs so I can't depend on his opinion since I am not anywhere close to that. I have just recently started letting myself be photographed because I realized if anything happened to me my 7 month old would have no pictures to get to know me by. I will do a layout if thats what we decide but I don't know if I can bring myself to post it!. If I do it will be a BIG step toward committing to make a change. Sorry to babble on, but the short of it is that I am really looking forward to doing this together. Is there more ways for us to be accountable and be on the same page. I find that along with support having someone do the same program as you is even more helpful. I have the wii fit and was also going to try it. Maybe we could put a program together that any one that wants to can work on it together. Just an idea.

jimmyrose
07-17-2009, 03:33 AM
I have been trying to do this on my own for awhile now. :confused1: I need to lose about 75 pounds. This is the first time I have said that to anyone other than my husband for awhile now. :biggrin: In the last 6 months I have lost 25 pound and have about given up. I put 8 back on in the last 5 weeks. :cry: So now I am back on my program and need to lose 58. :hairpull: My doctor said that the South Beach Diet is a really good one. Thats what I have been using. The first two weeks are hard, but after that it gets easier. At first my husband was on it too and he lost a lot, now he is off the diet. That's when I started to gain. Having someone to do this with will be a big help. :gogo: So, count me in too.

Scrappinsass
07-17-2009, 04:04 AM
I've been on the SlimSure program and it's really good for me. I can give you all a few tips. Mostly to do with body metabolism stuff..

Tip 1. Start your meal with a few bites of protein to let your system know what to expect insulin wise. Wait a minute or so then eat the rest of your meal.

more later .. hehehe

adriana
07-17-2009, 04:08 AM

Hey Cathy,
:hi:
I'm with you. I love yoga and that is pretty much the exercise I can do at this point because my weight doesn't let me do more. My daughter has offered me to go everyday jogging but to be frankly sometimes it is hard just to get out of bed because I feel so heavy that I feel no motivation. I have not tried the program you mention here however it sounds great. I will like to share some ideas and digi-pages. Anything that helps!

adriana
07-17-2009, 04:11 AM
I've been on the SlimSure program and it's really good for me. I can give you all a few tips. Mostly to do with body metabolism stuff..

Tip 1. Start your meal with a few bites of protein to let your system know what to expect insulin wise. Wait a minute or so then eat the rest of your meal.

more later .. hehehe

Thank you for your tip I will start with this today and see how it goes.:wink:

donakat
07-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Lone,
Is that protein telling your body to rev up?

Scrappinsass
07-17-2009, 03:40 PM
No, what it does is set up the insulin for the meal and not for sugars, so no roller coaster ride - that's if you're eating mostly protein and veggies and staying away from the sugary stuff - also keeps you from getting hungry between meals because low GI food sugar release.

Tip 2: 5 hours between meals - in the 4 to 5 hour the growth hormone is activated and helps your body return new skin cells - helps with elasticity - so not so much loose skin when your done losing weight.

Tip 3: Search out your health food stores and if you can get a product called Xylitol - it's a natural sugar made from either birch syrup or corn now too but has a low GI rating. Do a search for it on the web to see the many many health benefits from using this instead of aspartame or other sugar substitutes. There is no after taste with this product. Wikipedia is the place to search... here's an extract "One teaspoon (5 mL) of xylitol contains 9.6 calories, as compared to one teaspoon of sugar, which has 15 calories. Xylitol has virtually no aftertaste, and is advertised as "safe for diabetics and individuals with hyperglycemia." This tolerance is attributed to the lower impact of xylitol on a person's blood sugar, compared to that of regular sugars.[6]"

Lone,
Is that protein telling your body to rev up?

mslib
07-17-2009, 03:47 PM
It seems that I'm not the only GDS member who wants to be slimmer and trimmer! It's interesting how many programs are used to get there. I'm a Weight Watcher flop (was a Lifetime member and a lecturer yet). I've tried almost every program, but now am happily Somersizing. That's Suzanne Somer's way of eating and it's worked wonders for me. I got one of her books from the library and renewed it over and over. Now I own my own LOL. I lost 20# and many inches. The last 10 are getting harder, tho, just like everyone else said. Let's do it! (But I hate exercising)

ckbymommy
07-17-2009, 04:06 PM
WooHoo! What's better than friends supporting and motivating each other and to be there when we need a little boost!

I've been working on loosing weight since March when my Dr recommended that I have bariatric surgery. I started out at about 245, and with the help of my kickboxing instructor and my nutritionist I've lost 17 pounds (I had my tracker set incorrectly as starting at 250 before, but rechecked my beginning weight with my Dr yesterday and it was actually a little less) so far.

If anyone is looking for a good place to track your nutrition and fitness goals, check out sparkpeople (http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/register.asp?referredby=5400925&from=friend). I've actually tried a couple of different online food and exercise diaries and find this one the easiest.

If you join my nickname on there is same as here ... ckbymommy, add me as a friend ;)

ckbymommy
07-17-2009, 04:16 PM
I've been using my blog to post weight loss stuff. So far I have a post about a resistance band giveaway including my 3 favorite leg strengthening exercises I do using mine. Today I also posted my recipe for a frozen strawberry 'mock'arita.

Check it out
http://melaniesramblings.blogspot.com/

Andrea
07-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Give me about three more weeks and I'm totally in! I'll have 60 pounds of baby weight to lose! Anyone else deliver a baby and come home weighing the same as before they delivered? How is that possible? IV fluids? :twitcy:

Scrappinsass
07-17-2009, 05:32 PM
LOL not me.. I came home 60 lbs overweight :twitcy: and then spent the next 8 months trying to lose it, although breast feeding did help. Then I thought, I can do this and instead of just going to aerobics (that's what it was back then.. not pilates or any other exotic name lol) I'll become a teacher and get paid to exercise. So I did. And it was great for the next 3 years I was totally fit! .. Then we moved.. and that was the end of that... :twitcy:

BTW congrats on your loss ckbymommy

scrapmami
07-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Very proud of myself today. Went for a speed walk/run for 30 minutes and had a very healthy lunch and breakfast. So far, so good! I'll be at the beach tomorrow, so I'll try to get a good swim in (not that easy when I'm watching out for 3 little kids, though).

agarzaldynrd
07-18-2009, 12:50 PM
I keep a very low carb diet. This is not for everyone and if you are not careful you might have cholesterol problems. I watch my fat and eat only lean meat but do eat lots of meat. When I get a sugar craving, I eat sugar free candy. 5 years ago I lost 70 lbs and boy did I just love that. I'm now working on losing 30 that I've gained back. Lost 10 since the last of May....20 to go!!!

Work Out Schedule: 6:00 am 2.5 mile walk/run around my neighborhood. Took today off to go get my hair done. Back at it tomorrow.

honu
07-18-2009, 03:18 PM
I've had fantastic success with Herbalife. I've lost close to 30 lbs since starting the program in Nov. 08. I've also shed close to 20" all over and dropped two pant sizes. I'm now in Taekwondo to help firm it all up :)

lazyscrapper
07-18-2009, 05:46 PM
I am definately in for this weight lose support group. I've got a good 20pounds to lose. We just bought the Wii and got the Wii Fit and board. I'm going to start when we get back from vacation. I'm also starting Pilates sessions once a week.

Just a bit of advice about starting an exercise program from a professional. GO SLOW. (and get your doctors ok) We all get gung ho about starting exercise and do too much too fast and get really sore or discouraged. If you start slow and increase you pace over a week or 2 you will find you can stick with it easier. Also find something that is fun or you can do with a partner.

mosser77
07-19-2009, 06:25 AM
Maybe we can start sharing our favorite recipes??? I did this one for a challenge elsewhere, but thought you all might enjoy :) I'm going to attempt to scrap a couple of new/healthy recipes that I try each week....but I might just type them out here, lol.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/500/freckledlemonade.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=61157&ppuser=3195)

hollandnancy
07-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Count me in. I know the secret - don't eat so much, but I have no will power, especially when the snack bowl is right beside me, such as when i'm playing bridge with friends. All suggestions welcome.

agarzaldynrd
07-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Count me in. I know the secret - don't eat so much, but I have no will power, especially when the snack bowl is right beside me, such as when i'm playing bridge with friends. All suggestions welcome.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I don't like that secret!! That bowl of snacks appears in my life all the time. I wish it would leave me alone!!!

ckbymommy
07-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Who exercised today?

I did 75 minutes of cardio from a couple of shows I recorded off of FitTV

agarzaldynrd
07-19-2009, 08:21 PM
I took today and yesterday off!!! BAD!! I'll get back to my run/walk early tomorrow morning. Thanks for asking and keeping us accountable.

donakat
07-19-2009, 09:12 PM
No workout today except tramping around Home Depot and Target for what seemed like hours :rolleyes1:. Tomorrow I go to the gym.
Tonight we had birthday dessert--angel food cake with blueberries & strawberries, and a little CoolWhip--not too bad, considering. I have a problem with artificial sweeteners, so I stay away from them.

adriana
07-20-2009, 03:43 AM
Maybe we can start sharing our favorite recipes??? I did this one for a challenge elsewhere, but thought you all might enjoy :) I'm going to attempt to scrap a couple of new/healthy recipes that I try each week....but I might just type them out here, lol.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/500/freckledlemonade.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=61157&ppuser=3195)

This is a great idea and recipe !! I love the lo you used. Looking forward to find something to share!
Thanks Erin!:wink:

adriana
07-20-2009, 03:49 AM
Who exercised today?

I did 75 minutes of cardio from a couple of shows I recorded off of FitTV

Melanie,

My daughter made me start walking last night. It was bad because I couldn't last for long (only 15 min.) However, I feel much better today:wink: Thank you for asking.
This morning I will eat something light as fruit and yogurt. It is nice to have my daughter taking care of my exercise routines. I will be posting my lo to make sure I have something that will show the change (hopefully)
Good luck to everyone today. :biggrin:

agarzaldynrd
07-20-2009, 08:05 AM
OK, did my 2.5 mile walk/run this morning!! How about everyone else???

mosser77
07-20-2009, 09:09 AM
OK, did my 2.5 mile walk/run this morning!! How about everyone else???

I did 40 mins worth of workouts on the Wii Active this morning. Caden is a balance board hog, so I'll do Wii Fit when he's napping this afternoon. We're going swimming in about an hour, and I let him walk instead of ride in the cart at Wal-Mart today :hairpull: so I chased him around the store. Does that count??:confused1:

irishblues
07-20-2009, 09:27 AM
So have we decided to post before lo? If so when do you guys want to have them posted by? I signed on to sparkpeople.com ckbymommy suggested. I am pretty impressed with what it has to offer. I am looking forward to getting started. I will be starting this journey this Wed. I need to get fully set up on the site and make sure I am set up for success not failure. I think it would be fun if we all had one of those wt. loss trackers posted. I don't know where to get one or how to load it but I will try and figure it out today. I also would like to get some of the GDS blinkies but don't know where to get them.

mosser77
07-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Hey Amber, not sure how to answer the 'before' layout question, but I like your tracker idea! As far as GDS blinkies, you can get them all off the blog (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/blog/) or just grab ones you like off people's siggy.

hollandnancy
07-20-2009, 06:02 PM
I did get some exercise. worked out at Curves and kept up with a 4 year old later. Also ate too much.

ckbymommy
07-20-2009, 09:41 PM
So have we decided to post before lo? If so when do you guys want to have them posted by? I signed on to sparkpeople.com ckbymommy suggested. I am pretty impressed with what it has to offer. I am looking forward to getting started. I will be starting this journey this Wed. I need to get fully set up on the site and make sure I am set up for success not failure. I think it would be fun if we all had one of those wt. loss trackers posted. I don't know where to get one or how to load it but I will try and figure it out today. I also would like to get some of the GDS blinkies but don't know where to get them.

I haven't found a way to use Sparkpeople's tracker on other forums, the tracker I have here and on my email is from http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ - which means I have to put my weigh ins in two places, but that's OK.

Oh, I got 45 minutes of grueling kickboxing today :twitcy:. Then spent the rest of the day scrubbing my house (a bit late with the spring cleaning, LOL) - not even close to finished with that, so I will be continuing tomorrow. I stayed under my max for calories/fat/carbs/cholesterol :wink:, but also was low on fiber today :frown:

Scrappinsass
07-21-2009, 04:31 AM
Now I lay me down to sleep
With my Tim Tams at my feet
I pray they won't be there at dawn
Or I may eat them on the lawn
I'd rather dream of thinning hips
Than chocolate coating on my lips
Please take these cravings I pray of thee
Send me something calorie free...
Amen...

another original lame poem by ME :biggrin:

mosser77
07-21-2009, 04:35 AM
Now I lay me down to sleep
With my Tim Tams at my feet
I pray they won't be there at dawn
Or I may eat them on the lawn
I'd rather dream of thinning hips
Than chocolate coating on my lips
Please take these cravings I pray of thee
Send me something calorie free...
Amen...

another original lame poem by ME :biggrin:

:twitcy: Love it!!

adriana
07-21-2009, 04:58 AM
Lone, This is a good poem to start the day !! Thanks !!

BTW, Special thanks to Melanie you are very motivating and full or great ideas !!

I sign-up on Sparkpeople.com and also I'm tracking everything on my fitnesspal.com
I stared walking everyday with my DD and today I made a special effort to make some of the suggested workouts on Sparkpeople. I also grabbed my weight tracker. I hope doing all this, will help me to stay strong.:wink:

Scrappinsass
07-21-2009, 05:10 AM
Oh my Goodness... Adriana.. no wonder you're having to join this forum.. LOOK WHERE YOU LIVE ... LOL.. SUGAR LAND????? .. move honey!! .. QUICK LOL...

just kidding :wink:

Scrappinsass
07-21-2009, 05:13 AM
sigh.. I'm off to bed now.. and those Tims Tams better be gone by morning too LOL.. niters all :eek1:wavey::sleep:

agarzaldynrd
07-21-2009, 05:39 AM
OK, did my 2.5 this morning. It's a cool morning and I'm going to hate having to go back to regular working hours in a couple of weeks cuz I'll have to do my 2.5 in the evening when it's really hot!!! Oh well, gotta work.

agarzaldynrd
07-21-2009, 05:53 AM
OK, got my little diet ticker going!!

adriana
07-21-2009, 05:53 AM
I'm at work now my DH drop us off (my DD and I) I have no energy left and only got natural oatmeal with 1/2 of banana in 1/2 cup of slim milk. I guess if I start getting hungry I will drink water under my DD suggestion. LOL:confused1:

adriana
07-21-2009, 05:55 AM
Good Morning Ana,

That ticker looks cute ! Have a great day and keep strong !!:biggrin:

adriana
07-21-2009, 05:56 AM
Oh my Goodness... Adriana.. no wonder you're having to join this forum.. LOOK WHERE YOU LIVE ... LOL.. SUGAR LAND????? .. move honey!! .. QUICK LOL...

just kidding :wink:

You are hilarious !!!! :wink::laugh::lmao:

irishblues
07-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the blinky help Erin! I will give it a try. I am trying to get my wt. loss program ready so I can start tomorrow. You guys all seem to be doing great on your plans, congrat! I am off to get my tracker now. Have a great day!

donakat
07-21-2009, 05:04 PM
I was pretty good the last two days--did the stationary bike yesterday for 35 minutes, then went to the gym today for an hour--cardio & strength training. Remember being so strong you could carry TWO kids at the same time?? I could lift just about everything back then, but not now...

mosser77
07-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Yeah. I just had Sonic for dinner:vroam: But I had hopefully one of lesser of all the evils from there, a BLT Toaster. DS and I just went for a walk around the 'hood to work it off.

ckbymommy
07-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Today I did about 45 minutes of cardio (boot Camp with Kendell Hogan - one of my favorites I have DVR'ed), then some more spring cleaning. My hubby interruped that to take our son and I to lunch and a movie. I was craving greek so I tried to go healthier and got falafel (word to the wise, those vegetarian nuggets are FRIED :eek:), and then the lady poured about a gallon of vinaigrette on my salad.

For the movie I pre-popped some Orville Redenbachers low fat microwave popcorn and brought that with me along with a slim-fast optima peanut butter crunch snack bar (tastes just like a butterfinger!) -
TIP: the show "The Doctors" said to bring your own air popped to the theater and if the give you any problems to say it was Doctors orders!
Then I wasn't hungry for dinner before my friend came over to scrapbook with me, but after she left I was so I ate some 1% cottage cheese and the rest of that microwave popcorn I had popped before.

Anyway, even after the fried falafel and the excessive amounts of dressing, I still was at the low end of my goals for calories, fat, carbs, and cholesterol - but once again went under on my fiber as well as my protein.

Oh, tomorrow I test for my yellow belt in kick boxing, wish me luck :wink:

Scrappinsass
07-21-2009, 11:13 PM
OH MY GOODNESS you guys are sooooo good at doing stuff!! and here I'm off on holidays and will be 2 months behind on everything !! :confused1:

The good news is DH is going out to purchase a Wii tomorrow and is getting all the bits to go with it for fitness. He's been doing the research online and has sussed out all the products we *need* and probably some we don't LOL. The bad news is, he'll have it all to himself for 2 months and will be well practiced up by the time I get back from holidays! How's that for cheating!! ..

Now.. I've been trying to get a weight tracker put on here but I must be doing something wrong. It says I've got too much in the signature part of things and I can't put more in. How do you put the codes in when there's heaps of them? I seem to be allowed 4 and that's it. Help :biggrin:

twirlyjoy
07-22-2009, 12:08 AM
I don't do 'organised' exercise during term time cos it doesn't fit in around work and looking after the girls and their activities! (I work looking after young adults with severe physical and learning disabilities so am very very active during the day anyway!) My problem is going to be during the holidays when I don't go to work so will definitely be using the wii fit or cycling with the girls every day!

I am doing weight watchers online which is fantastic - I can still eat whatever I want, including chocolate!! Plus, it supports losing weight gradually in order to keep it off in the long term, so 1-2 lbs a week is what they suggest and I have lost that every week that I have been doing it.

I will get a tracker on here when I get a minute, but at my weekly weigh-in yesterday, I lost another lb, so am now totally 13 lbs lost!

ckbymommy
07-22-2009, 09:08 PM
I will get a tracker on here when I get a minute, but at my weekly weigh-in yesterday, I lost another lb, so am now totally 13 lbs lost!

Yay!! Good for you

ckbymommy
07-22-2009, 09:11 PM
I had kickboxing this morning. My class is through a martial arts center (universal kempo karate) that is owned by a husband/wife team who are both assistant professors. The wife teaches the class, but the husband showed up today and took over the class, putting us all through a black belt physical. The good news is that I survived, LOLOL!!

adriana
07-23-2009, 04:17 AM
Melanie,
Congrats !!!:wink::gogo::gogo:

jimmyrose
07-23-2009, 04:31 AM
doing pretty well, I lost about 2 lbs this last week. My grandson is here for a visit. I am cooking things he really likes and trying not to eat them. Wish me luck.:twitcy:

agarzaldynrd
07-23-2009, 05:53 AM
doing pretty well, I lost about 2 lbs this last week. My grandson is here for a visit. I am cooking things he really likes and trying not to eat them. Wish me luck.:twitcy:

stay strong!!!!!

agarzaldynrd
07-23-2009, 05:54 AM
Just did my morning 2.5 and feeling great. Now I can get ready for work.

lazyscrapper
07-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Wow, everyone is doing so well. I'm still on holidays and not thinking about food yet. It's too hard when you go a whole year without your favorite foods to resist,so I don't. We usually gain 10 pounds whenever we come back to the US. I am amazed by the serving sizes though. I definately can't eat more than a small order. I usually have left overs, guess Singapore has shrunk my stomach a little.

1 more week and the lifestyle change will take place. I don't like to call it a diet cause this how we should eat all the time, right? I have been doing the Wii games and walked alot so some exercise is better than none.

:vb_chirolp_iei: Keep up the great effort everyone!!

adriana
07-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Can't wait for you to join us !:3:

Enjoy meanwhile:wink:

susiegirl
07-23-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm with you, I need to lose a few pounds, also. Everything is easier with a little support.

scrappintwins
07-23-2009, 05:47 PM
You all are doing great! I'm so jealous! I need a big jump start to get me going lol.
One thing eveyone must remember...water water water! Water is the key! You'll pee yourself to death but it works! lol

ckbymommy
07-23-2009, 08:36 PM

Congrats on the loss and good luck on not eating the 'bad' foods your grandson wants.

I am EXTREMELY bad with having will power, but have found that now that I really want a healthier body, I'm doing so much better. I've also found that if I have something healthy I love to substitute for what my hubby and kids are eating I can bypass the junk foods and sweets that they are eating - so I keep skinny cow and weight watchers ice cream in the freezer, slim fast snack bars (the peanut butter crunch tastes like a butterfinger, and the chocolate peanut nougat taste like snickers) 100 calorie salty/crunchy packs in the pantry, and LOTS of fruit and veggies around at all times.

At meal time, if I'm cooking something that is on the fatty/high calorie side, I will make sure I make a big salad for myself (the salad will cover about 2/3 of my plate, so there isn't room for a big serving of what I'm trying to avoid :wink:)

Scrappinsass
07-24-2009, 01:00 AM
HEY.. you could turn that into a *Poem/Mantra*

WATER WATER WATER..
WATER is the key..
You'll pee yourself to death
but it works for you and ME...

/me hands out pom poms to the cheerleading sqad...

You all are doing great! I'm so jealous! I need a big jump start to get me going lol.
One thing eveyone must remember...water water water! Water is the key! You'll pee yourself to death but it works! lol

donakat
07-24-2009, 09:02 AM
Well, I did go to the gym yesterday for an hour and a half. Ok, that's good. But today for breakfast I had two slices of that nutbread I just baked. I had to slice it to take the photo, you see, and it was too good. At least it was breakfast... Well, that wasn't so good, so I'll have to do some biking today to get back on track. At least I finished the recipe layout with the nutbread (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=61381&ppuser=14768)! Don't look if you don't want to be tempted.

Scrappinsass
07-24-2009, 06:47 PM
I made my *Mii* avtar on Wii Fit today and did 42 minutes. It said I was obese :( LOL.. but on the plus side I've got good balance! LOL .. I like the Wii Fitness and Active - hubby and I will have fun with it :biggrin:

agarzaldynrd
07-26-2009, 04:08 AM
Well, another lb. lost!!! YAAY!!! Now if I can only stay strong in Vegas. I'm off so I'll sign back on when we return on Wednesday!!!

okekeca
07-26-2009, 03:55 PM
WOW!!!!
I am definitively IN!!!
Back from vacation on Friday and have NO desire to step on the scale after all the eating and drinking and lazy days.
But there are A LOT of kilos to get rid off.
I'm planning to start my weight loss in the beginning of August.
Will have a start off with Nutrilett for a week or two and the go the rest with Weight Watchers program.

ckbymommy
07-26-2009, 05:12 PM
How did every one do over the weekend?

I managed to get a recorded cardio class in both Sat and Sun. Yesterday I stayed within my calories and today I seem to be doing alright.

donakat
07-26-2009, 08:38 PM
I did the bike thing again yesterday. I think I'm doing better because I'm less apt to nosh whenever I get out of my chair! So I must be burning up more, storing less, right?? Tomorrow--gym!

Scrappinsass
07-26-2009, 10:26 PM
My Wii says I've lost 1 kilo - which is 2.2 lbs. I'm smiling! won't be after my vacation though lol

ckbymommy
07-26-2009, 11:42 PM
My Wii says I've lost 1 kilo - which is 2.2 lbs.

Congrats!!

adriana
07-28-2009, 06:56 AM
Well, I feel much better now that I'm trying a new life-style. I've lost 2 pounds so far and feeling strong.

Love the support from you all !:wink:

HollyS
07-28-2009, 07:37 AM
Congrats ladies for taking charge of your life! Thanks go to everyone motivating and inspiring others :) Will be working right along side you all as I have about 40 lbs to lose myself...

adriana
07-28-2009, 07:40 AM
Congrats ladies for taking charge of your life! Thanks go to everyone motivating and inspiring others :) Will be working right along side you all as I have about 40 lbs to lose myself...

Welcome to the group !!:wink:

ckbymommy
07-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Had my bi-weekly appointment with my dietician, I lost 5.4 pounds since my last weigh in 12 days ago! WOO HOO!

Not much exercise this week, we've got family in town, so I'm just enjoying them right now.

twirlyjoy
07-29-2009, 10:09 AM
woohooo! I lost anouther 2lbs this week, so have reached my 3rd WW goal which has really pleased me!

Over here we use a weight measurement that I don't think you use over there in the US - we have a weight called a stone which is equal to 14 lbs, so this week was awesome for me cos I can now say that I have lost a stone!!! Only another 2 stone to go!!!!

agarzaldynrd
07-30-2009, 03:22 PM
WOW!!! Everyone is really doing a great job!! I love it. It was hard to diet in Vegas but I'm back and at least I did not gain any weight. Congrats to all.

Chanin
07-30-2009, 04:03 PM
I have done my Wii Fit for 2 days in a row now!! lol We are also eating more fresh fruit and veggies, so that should help too! As of yesterday I only had 4 more lbs to go to get to my "ideal" BMI. As of today it was 3 lbs. We will see what happens and if I can stick with it. I actually want to lose a total of 8 lbs...

donakat
07-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Well, today I accidentally went early to the Y and found my friends going into a Spin Class, which they roped me into. I thought I was going to die! It was so hard, I almost barfed! And I'm not even going to talk about the bruises on my tush... I'm sticking to the treadmill from now on. And I'm going to go when I know they've all finished:laugh:.

agarzaldynrd
07-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Well, today I accidentally went early to the Y and found my friends going into a Spin Class, which they roped me into. I thought I was going to die! It was so hard, I almost barfed! And I'm not even going to talk about the bruises on my tush... I'm sticking to the treadmill from now on. And I'm going to go when I know they've all finished:laugh:.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

triciacurtis
08-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Okay I'm late to this, but I REALLLLLLLLLY need to join. I really need to do my Wii Fit everyday. We got these 2lb dumbells to put the controls in so that should help. Maybe I can work in some Yoga tonight, but I really love the ski jump!

irishblues
08-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Welcome Trisha! I see it has been a few days since anyone has checked in so I was just checking how many of us are staying connected through this thread? I hadn't been able to get started till recently so I hadn't been checking in. I have nowfinally been able to start a program for myself. I don't have it all planned but I am close. I started doing a food management system by using as much of the Weight Watchers point system that I find on the web. I can't afford to pay for a program but I understand the basics. I started 1.5 weeks ago and I have lost 5 lbs. !! :vb_chirolp_iei: I haven't started an excercise regament yet but I will start that this week. I have 45 lbs to go! I have a long way but I think with support I can make my final wight goal. Now my next big goal is to get my husband to commit to losing weight. That will be a challenge! lol!:rolleyes1:

P.S Everyone with tickers do you have to re post the ticker everytime it changes or is it attached to your sigs and updates itself. I now have a ticker but am running around in circles trying to get it on my sig. Please HELP!! Thanks!!!

donakat
08-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Congrats, Amber, on this week's loss! I have been a slacker this week, only exercized twice. I have been busy, though, but I promise to get back on schedule starting tomorrow!

lazyscrapper
08-09-2009, 04:58 PM
P.S Everyone with tickers do you have to re post the ticker everytime it changes or is it attached to your sigs and updates itself. I now have a ticker but am running around in circles trying to get it on my sig. Please HELP!! Thanks!!!

I love everyone's tickers too. I made mine in tickerfactory and then used the bbCode. I copied it all and pasted in to my signature. Make sure to put it on it's own line(hit enter at the end of your sig info) Preview your sig to see if it works. It should update automaticly if you do that.

lazyscrapper
08-09-2009, 05:07 PM
So I am finally over my jet lag and can start some serious weight loss. No, really I should saw a LIFE CHANGE since I realy should always eat good and exercise not just to lose weight.

We got the Wii all set up and it's not as bad as I thought. It says I'm 42(really 36) ok I can live and my BMI is 27 something. My first goal is to get it down to BMI 25 so that's about 18 pounds. I really like the step aerobics and the strengthening. I've been doing about 30 minutes a day. But you can so cheat. I got a 100% on the push ups(yeah right?) All you really have to do is have good balance and put pressure on the board(ok maybe I shouldn't have told you that,lol) Anyway i am trying not to cheat and having fun. We have the whole family involved. I actually have a hard time getting it away from my almost 5 year old. She loves the running cause she can run faster and end up following the little dog on the course. It's cute.

Food is another story. I really need to eat better. Goal for this week is try to eat less at each meal and drink more water. I need to get my 8 glasses in.

I just want to say everyone is doing so well. I keeps me motivated, thanks.

ckbymommy
08-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Sounds like everyone is doing good.

I have slacked and cheated a little bit this past couple of weeks - the week we had visitors I only exercised once, and I indulged just a little bit when we went out to eat. Then I finished that week with an Aerosmith concert, I drank a bit more than the calories I had alloted for. This week I'm doing better, but have cheated a couple of times, including potato chips today.

I am excited to find that some things I've enjoyed in the past that I'm now avoiding don't even taste as good as I remember when I indulge.

vampeyes
08-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Can I still sign up for this?? I have been trying WW point system since Friday and failing miserably. I do great all day and then at night I cave and pig out. I have 30lbs to loose. I do my Wii Active two days on, one day off... I started with the low 30 day program, today I move up to the med. 30 day program. I am happy to say that at I have been sticking to that! You would think chasing our kids around would take away the lbs, not happening here! Anyway hope I can still join in. Need all the support and help I can get, so tired of being the large girl.

Just curious, but does anyone have a good recipe for rainbow trout??

Cheryl

Scrappinsass
08-10-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm only into week 2 of my vacation and I can say I've probably put on more pounds... however the good news is that I'm at least going for walks every day which include a nice little hill. I'll seriously be looking at my diet and Wii when I get back!

BTW.. I tried putting a ticker on and it said I couldn't put any more into my signature. How does one do that? I notice others have more in signatures.. I'm confused.. LOL
Good luck with the losing!!!

scrapmami
08-10-2009, 12:06 PM
I've been slacking, but am going to start working out again.

mosser77
08-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Ugh.

That's all I have to say about that.

triciacurtis
08-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Sounds like everyone is doing good.

I have slacked and cheated a little bit this past couple of weeks - the week we had visitors I only exercised once, and I indulged just a little bit when we went out to eat. Then I finished that week with an Aerosmith concert, I drank a bit more than the calories I had alloted for. This week I'm doing better, but have cheated a couple of times, including potato chips today.

I am excited to find that some things I've enjoyed in the past that I'm now avoiding don't even taste as good as I remember when I indulge.

I am so jealous - I want to see Aerosmith again. I was in Boston for the 4th of July in 2006 I think - they played with the Boston Pops. It was the best concert, I swear! I am still looking for a recording of the entire concert. The Boston Pops playing Aerosmith's music live, with Steven Tyler singing and Joe Perry. Ahhhh to reminisce... :wink:

You WILL get back on track. Let us know how it goes!!

triciacurtis
08-10-2009, 01:28 PM
K I was good yesterday! I did 15 minutes on the Wii Fit. I know I know... I usually want to do 30 but I did 5-6 rounds of Wii Bowling, and yes my arm paid for it this morning, LOL! And half of my Wii Fit was strength training, love those Jacknifes! :wink:

ckbymommy
08-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Can I still sign up for this?? I have been trying WW point system since Friday and failing miserably. I do great all day and then at night I cave and pig out. I have 30lbs to loose. I do my Wii Active two days on, one day off... I started with the low 30 day program, today I move up to the med. 30 day program. I am happy to say that at I have been sticking to that! You would think chasing our kids around would take away the lbs, not happening here! Anyway hope I can still join in. Need all the support and help I can get, so tired of being the large girl.

Just curious, but does anyone have a good recipe for rainbow trout??

Cheryl

Absolutely! We are glad to have you join us Cheryl!

Can't help you with the trout - my hubby usually cooks that because I won't cook anything that is looking at me, LOL.

I had a really hard time with evenings at first, too. I think my biggest problem with that was because that is when I can finally sit down and relax, usually at my computer. So when I would get the munchies, I would take my snack with me and mindlessly eat in front of the computer or TV. While I didn't completely put an end to that, I do pay more attention to what I am snacking on and to portion sizes.

Good luck, and feel free to chime in with your successes, failures, questions and comments!

ckbymommy
08-10-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm only into week 2 of my vacation and I can say I've probably put on more pounds... however the good news is that I'm at least going for walks every day which include a nice little hill. I'll seriously be looking at my diet and Wii when I get back!

BTW.. I tried putting a ticker on and it said I couldn't put any more into my signature. How does one do that? I notice others have more in signatures.. I'm confused.. LOL
Good luck with the losing!!!

Lone,
It is based on the number of characters in the html code of your signature (there is a 500 character limit). So, if you have your blinkies stored in folders, especially if the folder or blinkies have long names, you will be more limited. There is also a 6 image limit.
If you move your blinkies to the main 'my albums' page of photobucket you will save a few characters. Also, try fiddling with the code for the ticker, I removed some of the extra coding to make mine fit.

HTH

ckbymommy
08-10-2009, 10:04 PM
I am so jealous - I want to see Aerosmith again. I was in Boston for the 4th of July in 2006 I think - they played with the Boston Pops. It was the best concert, I swear! I am still looking for a recording of the entire concert. The Boston Pops playing Aerosmith's music live, with Steven Tyler singing and Joe Perry. Ahhhh to reminisce... :wink:

You WILL get back on track. Let us know how it goes!!

I had such a blast!! They've been my favorite band for almost 25 years, and this was my first time seeing them in concert. And, lucky us, it was before Steven Tyler fell off the stage in sturgis.

That boston pops concert sounds amazing! Wish I could have been there.

irishblues
08-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Whewww! I am so glad to see everyone posting again. Excited to see all the great support! I did good today on my points, and my 8 month dd is standing up and moving all the time so she is helping me get some excercise in everyday also. I want to get started on the Wii also. I hope to get started by Monday with an excerscise regime. I figure I will weigh in once a week. But I have noticed my clothes fitting looser! That's always a commitment booster. For those who have fallen a little, by regognizing it shows that you realize that there is no such thing as an easy weight loss plan, and life always will try to tempt you and throw you a little off course, but we can all jump back on and make it to the happy place at the end of the road. Especially if we stick it out together!! Great job all. Check in soon.

Chanin
08-11-2009, 06:14 AM
Hey girls! OK, I wanted to share with you the diet my Mom is on that she started April 28 and as of yesterday, has lost 28 lbs!!! She looks great! I am so proud of her because she is actually sticking to the diet. So, I am trying it starting today! I'm hoping I can stick with it too! It is called the New Mayo Clinic Diet! Here is the link: http://www.idiet4u.com/diets/mayoclinic.html

My Mom has really stuck to it...she hasn't been cheating and she does walk on her treadmill at least 4 times a week. You are on this diet 12 days and then off 2. She doesn't really go off it too much on those 2 days.

Anyway, the thing that freaked me out is that she is now wearing clothes that I wore only a year ago and I consider myself to be a lot smaller than her!! lol Well, I guess not anymore....yikes!!

Anyone want to try this with me???

mosser77
08-11-2009, 07:37 AM
Hey girls! OK, I wanted to share with you the diet my Mom is on that she started April 28 and as of yesterday, has lost 28 lbs!!! She looks great! I am so proud of her because she is actually sticking to the diet. So, I am trying it starting today! I'm hoping I can stick with it too! It is called the New Mayo Clinic Diet! Here is the link: http://www.idiet4u.com/diets/mayoclinic.html

My Mom has really stuck to it...she hasn't been cheating and she does walk on her treadmill at least 4 times a week. You are on this diet 12 days and then off 2. She doesn't really go off it too much on those 2 days.

Anyway, the thing that freaked me out is that she is now wearing clothes that I wore only a year ago and I consider myself to be a lot smaller than her!! lol Well, I guess not anymore....yikes!!

Anyone want to try this with me???

Wow! Good for her! Those results make this sound soooooo tempting, but I would be afraid of what would happen to me when I stopped the diet. :confused1: I better stick with a "lifestyle change" plan and something with a little more variety! :wink:

vampeyes
08-12-2009, 05:15 AM
Well I slacked off big time yesterday, but with good reason. On Monday I did something nasty to my neck that caused me massive pain. =( Thankfully the chiropractor fixed me right up!! So today I feel a little sore but it's nothing I can't handle. So I am off to do my Wii active!! Good luck to all of us today to sticking with our "diets".

P.S. So I figured out how to make the trout and some kind of lemon sauce, actually turned out good! My husband usually cooks the fish as well, but he is a few provinces away working =(

One quesiton - Just wondering how I can creat a signature??

Have a great day Ladies,
Chery

ckbymommy
08-12-2009, 11:59 AM
One quesiton - Just wondering how I can creat a signature??

Have a great day Ladies,
Chery

Cheryl,

Toward the upper left of any screen at GDS you will see "User CP", click that.
On the left side, you will see
Control Panel
Settings & Options
Edit Signature

Click "Edit Signature"

Now you can type, add emoticons, or put images or blinkies there.

Have fun :wink:

ckbymommy
08-12-2009, 12:02 PM
OK everyone, wish me luck. I'm about to leave for my nutritionist appointment and I'm a bit afraid to step on that scale with all the slackin' I've done these past couple of weeks, topped off by too many drinks and too much cake last night :eating::vollkommenauf::cheers::shot:

Blesha
08-13-2009, 01:19 AM
I do need to loose some weight, but more importantly I need to tighten up abdominal muscles and loose several cm around my waist and belly. I'm in!

vampeyes
08-13-2009, 04:39 AM
Well the only thing I did good on yesterday was doing my Wii Active =( As I really don't think McDonald's counts as diet food. lol. So here we are a new day and it seems like a good one to start again!

P.S. I caved on the McDonald's as I needed some comfort food, not the 3 point sandwich I had made myself. Raising the twins by myself is sending me into a breakdown! lol

Good luck today ladies.... heres to sticking to our eating healthy and exercising!!

ckbymommy
08-13-2009, 11:12 PM
My weigh-in didn't go as badly as I expected - I felt so bloated I was sure I had gained a pound or two. I gained 4 ounces. My nutritionist said that I did good considering I was kind of on a 'staycation'. Time to get back on track.

Anyone want to share some healthy lunches?

I love to have a whole wheat tortilla (the small ones, I think they are 8 inches?) spread with 1 Tbsp of dijon mustard and layer with 3 ounces of sliced lunch meat (turkey is my favorite) then add your favorite fresh veggies, I usually have baby spinach, bell peppers, chives, and tomatoes. Roll up and eat as a wrap or slice into pinwheels. This is under 300, so you can even add some cheese if you want. Sometimes, instead of the dijon, I use one single serve container of weight watchers light cream cheese spread and a sprinkling of non-fat shredded cheese.

Another favorite, orowheat came out with these great multi-grain sandwich thins - a whole one is only 100 calories, I top half of one with a half a tablespoon of boboli pizza sauce, 1/4 cup of shredded part skim mozzarella cheese and some chopped bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Bake long enough to melt the cheese and enjoy with a salad. This one is about 260 calories with a light done right vinaigrette, plenty of room for some fruit for dessert.

A big plate filled with baby spinach mixed with whatever other salad greens I have (I usually have iceberg, but also those bags of pre-made salad in the fridge most of the time) and topped with any and all fresh veggies I have available. 3-4 ounces of cooked chicken breast sliced, a handful of raspberries or cut up strawberries, 1 ounce of fat free feta cheese and topped off with 2 Tbsp of light or fat free raspberry vinaigrette. This is about 250 calories, add a slice of roman meal or 1/2 of one of those orowheat things then a sugar free popsicle (15 calories) for dessert.

One last one from me, 1 cup of 1% cottage cheese with some raspberries (about 10-12) and a packet of truvia mixed in, a handful of baby carrots, and a slice of roman meal whole wheat bread, toasted. Then 1/4 of a cantaloupe or a cup of grapes (frozen) for dessert. This one is about 300, even with the dessert, so if you prefer your carrots dipped in light ranch there's room to indulge.

The thing I've learned recently is that if I have a lunch of just protein and veggies, I feel satisfied at first, but get hungry soon. I've started adding in the little bit of whole grain carbs with my lunch and find that I'm staying satisfied until it's time to start cooking dinner, at which point I usually munch on whatever veggies I'm cutting up for dinner/dinner salad while I'm cooking.

Anyone else have favorite healthy lunches to share?

agarzaldynrd
08-16-2009, 06:35 AM
So I haven't posted in awhile!!! We went to the beach last weekend and I was really bad. I name my cheat days then look forward to them. The problem is that when I cheat, I try to get in everything that I don't normally eat.....lots of sweets!!! Anyway, I gained 4.5 lbs in just 3 days. How can that be??!!! UUGGGHHH!!! So it has taken me all this week to drop that 4.5 and an additional .5!

Now the excercise....excuses, excuses! I just finished my 2.5 miles and did the same yesteday. During the week, I can't do it in the morning because I get up at 4:00 to get ready for work then it doesn't cool off in the evening until it is almost dark and running in the dark, alone is just scary. I'll have to get better at that.

My diet...low carbs. 20 or less a day. This is the only thing that has ever worked for me. Thanks for listening!!

irishblues
08-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Hey girls!! I have lost 9 lbs in the last 2 weeks. I haven't started excercising yet but I hope to this week. I feel so good! I am doing well on the point system. Good job girls for getting back on track after vacation. I am going to try to be better about checking in. I have a question for anyone using the Wii for excercise. What type of things are you doing and for how long?

ckbymommy
08-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Hey girls!! I have lost 9 lbs in the last 2 weeks.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/ckbymommy/congrats/woohoo.gif
Good for you, keep up the good work!!

vampeyes
08-19-2009, 03:34 PM
I have lost 9 lbs in the last 2 weeks. I have a question for anyone using the Wii for excercise. What type of things are you doing and for how long?

Way to go girl! I wish I had your control. I have been doing the exercising but the eating hasn't changed much =(. Great job, you should be so proud!!

I do the Wii. About a month and a half ago I got the Wii Active. On it you can select to do a 30 day challenge. I started off doing the easy and now I am moved up to the medium level. I occasionally do the Wii Fit mainly for Yoga but with the twins it hard. The 30 day challenge does two days on, one off and at the medium level the last about 25 minutes.

Good luck with the exercise, as I will try to get some will power and control my eating!

Chanin
08-21-2009, 08:39 AM
It's official! As of today, I have lost 4 lbs. since last Tuesday! I'm so excited! The diet I'm following is pretty easy too! I have tweaked it to fit my lifestyle! I have also been doing a 2 mile walk 3-4 times a week with Leslie Sansone's Walk at home DVDs. The diet I have been doing is a take off the New Mayo Clinic Diet, but I take weekends off and I also do have 1 snack during the day, a chocolate chip granola bar!! For breakfast, instead of eggs and bacon, I have been eating Special K cereal, but for lunch and supper I have been doing the meat and green veggies and/or salad. I really don't feel deprived of anything!! This is the lowest weight I have been at since before 3 of my daughters were born!!

agarzaldynrd
08-21-2009, 08:49 PM
WOW!! Congrats Chanin!! That is great. I have now lost 13 lbs. and am almost back to where I was 2 years ago before my hysterectomy!! I gained 20 lbs within 3 weeks after surgery and had not been able to drop it!!! Pretty excited and heading towards my goal!

It's official! As of today, I have lost 4 lbs. since last Tuesday! I'm so excited! The diet I'm following is pretty easy too! I have tweaked it to fit my lifestyle! I have also been doing a 2 mile walk 3-4 times a week with Leslie Sansone's Walk at home DVDs. The diet I have been doing is a take off the New Mayo Clinic Diet, but I take weekends off and I also do have 1 snack during the day, a chocolate chip granola bar!! For breakfast, instead of eggs and bacon, I have been eating Special K cereal, but for lunch and supper I have been doing the meat and green veggies and/or salad. I really don't feel deprived of anything!! This is the lowest weight I have been at since before 3 of my daughters were born!!

Debra
08-22-2009, 07:16 AM
wow.. congratulations to all of you... It's so inspiring to read this thread.

here's my story... low carbs for me since march, down to 110 lbs and also began doing the wii fit which i've really been slacking on. This past week I decided to begin running... I like my weight as is, but the muscle tone at 46 leaves something to be desired..lol.

So, ipod and sneaks, I've been out the door and running around the neighborhood. I'm with you Anna..it's hot which is a detriment and I sure am not going to run at night, so early mornings are it.

My best friend gave me her spare bike so now I'm also beginning to start biking which is nice since Hannah and I can now ride together...

Happy Saturday everyone...

Mel.. that rasberries and cottage cheese sounds yumm!

agarzaldynrd
08-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Hey Debra, there is also a site that has many low carb recipes. I'm looking at one right now that looks yummy. This is the link to the recipe but I'm not sure what the site is so maybe there is a link on this recipe.

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/stuffed_zucchini_bake.html

Hopefully this still works. You might also google Linda's low carb menus & recipes. Keep it up!! 110 is a dream to me, I don't think I was born 110!! lol!!

wow.. congratulations to all of you... It's so inspiring to read this thread.

here's my story... low carbs for me since march, down to 110 lbs and also began doing the wii fit which i've really been slacking on. This past week I decided to begin running... I like my weight as is, but the muscle tone at 46 leaves something to be desired..lol.

So, ipod and sneaks, I've been out the door and running around the neighborhood. I'm with you Anna..it's hot which is a detriment and I sure am not going to run at night, so early mornings are it.

My best friend gave me her spare bike so now I'm also beginning to start biking which is nice since Hannah and I can now ride together...

Happy Saturday everyone...

Mel.. that rasberries and cottage cheese sounds yumm!

agarzaldynrd
08-23-2009, 09:11 AM
It works, I just clicked on it. Go low carbs!!!

irishblues
08-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the encouragement girls! Since my last post I have lost another 2lbs. That is 11 total!! I am thrilled. I am not having much trouble at all with the point diet. For the most part it takes care of my hunger and the WW meals I get on sale are delicious. We went out to dinner for the first time since I started my diet. We went to Red Robin where I usually get a chicken salad. Not now that I looked at there nutritonal menu that has all the nitty gritty calorie info etc. I couldn't believe a salad could have almost 2000 calories w/out the dressing. My husband was trying to be nice and got me my favorite onion ring tower. It has 4,000 calories which comes out to approx. 150 calories per onion ring! OUCH!! I had a small bite of 1 ring for the taste and said no more. My husband couldn't believe it. I then ordered a small dinner salad and a bowl of the lowest calorie soup they had. It filled me up and tasted good. I was so proud of myself! I love my Red Robin, but I told my husband that it was to stressful to eat out and I preferred to eat at home in a more calorie controlled environment. He is still in shock. And I thought I would be dissapointed about not going out to dinner as often which is usually twice a month if I am lucky, but I'm not!! I am starting the Wii fit today. I can't afford the active yet but hopefully soon. I am glad to see everyone doing so well and supporting each other. Kepp it up all!!

ckbymommy
08-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Just wanted to share a quick snack idea.

My hubby and I went to the farmers market Saturday and picked up some tomatoes and jalapenos. I made a really yummy Pico de Gallo with some fresh baked tortilla chips.

In a bowl, mix
~ 1 1/2 cups seeded, diced tomatoes
~ 1/4 cup diced onion (preferrably red)
~ 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
~ 1 large garlic clove, peeled and minced
~ juice of 1 large lime
~ 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
~ sea salt
Cover and refridgerate until ready to eat

Preheat oven to 350.
Place a small (8 inch) whole wheat tortilla on a baking sheet and spray with pam cooking spray (1 second spray) and grind some sea salt on top. Flip and repeat on other side.
Using a pizza cutter, cut tortilla into wedges.
Bake for 6-8 minutes until it is starting to brown, flip wedges over and continue baking for 3-4 more minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.

These are so good while they are still a little warm with about 1/4 cup of the pico on them.

1/4 cup of the pico is only 15 calories, 76mg sodium, 3.6g carbs, 1g fiber

Chips made from one tortilla is 104 calories, 3.5g fat, Sodium: 645mg sodium, 13g carbs, 7g fiber. The sodium would depend on how much salt you put on chips.

The nutritional values for the chips are based on using a Santa Fe Whole Wheat Tortillas (I get them from Sams).

HollyS
08-27-2009, 06:24 AM
Just wanted to share a quick snack idea.

My hubby and I went to the farmers market Saturday and picked up some tomatoes and jalapenos. I made a really yummy Pico de Gallo with some fresh baked tortilla chips.

In a bowl, mix
~ 1 1/2 cups seeded, diced tomatoes
~ 1/4 cup diced onion (preferrably red)
~ 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
~ 1 large garlic clove, peeled and minced
~ juice of 1 large lime
~ 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
~ sea salt
Cover and refridgerate until ready to eat

Preheat oven to 350.
Place a small (8 inch) whole wheat tortilla on a baking sheet and spray with pam cooking spray (1 second spray) and grind some sea salt on top. Flip and repeat on other side.
Using a pizza cutter, cut tortilla into wedges.
Bake for 6-8 minutes until it is starting to brown, flip wedges over and continue baking for 3-4 more minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.

These are so good while they are still a little warm with about 1/4 cup of the pico on them.

1/4 cup of the pico is only 15 calories, 76mg sodium, 3.6g carbs, 1g fiber

Chips made from one tortilla is 104 calories, 3.5g fat, Sodium: 645mg sodium, 13g carbs, 7g fiber. The sodium would depend on how much salt you put on chips.

The nutritional values for the chips are based on using a Santa Fe Whole Wheat Tortillas (I get them from Sams).

Oh man does that sound yummy and right up my alley! I love this sort of thing... But gonna have to wait as I'm on a low carb diet. Lost 5 lbs since last week so I'm super excited and definately incented to keep going low carb :)

Good luck to everyone out there doing the DIET thing..... :goodluck:

HollyS
08-27-2009, 06:25 AM
Meant to thank you Mel for posting that delicious, low calorie and healthy recipe!

agarzaldynrd
08-27-2009, 09:27 AM
This sounds yummy! Thanks for including the nutritional info.

ckbymommy
08-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Meant to thank you Mel for posting that delicious, low calorie and healthy recipe!

My pleasure! Congrats on the 5#!!

Christie
09-04-2009, 06:54 AM
Hello everyone. I am trying to lose weight too. I was on WW about 4 yrs ago, before I got pregnant with my youngest. I lost 35# then. So I picked up my books about a month ago and started again. I had lost 10# until last week, where i gained a lb back. I am looking for fast and easy recipes, that are healthy, low fat. Cause I am kind of stuck in a rut eating the same thing daily doesn't help. And since my DH & DS's are slim, I have to make 2 different meals every time I cook. I found last night I will share with you all.

Chicken Pot Pie
Ingredients:

* 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (white meat)
* 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
* 1 10.75-ounce can 98% fat-free, reduced-sodium condensed mushroom soup
* 1 cup reduced fat all-purpose baking mix
* 1/2 cup fat free milk
* 1 egg

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine chicken, frozen vegetables and undiluted soup in an 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Whisk baking mix, milk and egg together until blended. Pour over chicken and vegetables. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden.

Serves 4.

Per Serving: Calories 280, Calories from Fat 52, Total Fat 5.9g (sat 1.7g) Cholesterol 89mg, Sodium 793mg, Carbohydrate 36.1g, Fiber 3.8g, Protein 21g

mom2snn
10-21-2009, 06:51 AM
Ok ladies. I am ready to start really loosing the weight.

My son was born 9/16 by c-section, so I will need to ease into any exercise. I'm also breastfeeding, so I'll also have to keep that in mind when it comes to food.

My long term goal is to get down to 150, but for my short tern goal it's just to get down below 200. I'm already well on my way to the short term. I was 272 the day before I had my son (who weighed over 10 pounds) after gaining only 16lbs my whole pregnancy. I had already lost 21lbs one week after he was born. I had my 6 week check up yesterday (a week early) and my weight was 225, so in just 5 weeks time I've lost 47lbs! Breastfeeding and having to watch what I eat so it doesn't upset the baby have really helped, but with the holidays coming up I've really got to learn portion control.

I look forward to getting this weight off. I haven't been under 200lbs in 2 years.

triciacurtis
10-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Oh my goodness - that is one big baby! I don't think my son weighed 10 lbs before he was 4 months old! And second, I'm so happy for you! I have heard that happens with breastfeeding, but I didn't lose weight until I stopped, but losing the water weight after the pregnancy was nice.

I'm not sure where you live (weather wise) but walking with the baby is a good form of exercise, and your arms will get stronger too, those strollers get heavy going up hills! And yoga and pilates, even dvds at home, is great exercise and easy as far as stress and tension on your recovery.

Congratulations on a great start - keep us updated!!

Scrappinsass
10-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Well.. time to get stuck into my diet again.. holidays are over... WAWWW.. but the good news is.... I've lost 5 lbs since I've been home!! Says heaps about what I ate on my vacation LOL.. no more packaged corn chips for me lol...

Thanks to ckbymommy for the recipe for chip & dip.. I could eat that on my diet :) yumm

So at the beginning of the week I fired up the Wii fit again and have been giving it a good work out.. or rather it's been giving me a good work out!! I love it.. fun while you burn off the calories.. gotta love that... and something I can do indoors when the weather is not cooperating. Lately the weather's been fine but the smoke from bush fires is in the air and it's not pleasant breathing in that stuff.

I hope you all haven't lost interest in your goals yet.. I've noticed there hasn't been that much activity in this thread of late... :biggrin:

Debra
10-27-2009, 06:43 AM
Hi everyone... back to diet time again :)

Lone... I'm with you, although I did run yesterday, I'm thinking it's so nasty, I'll just go ahead and get my wii fit back up and running!

...soo happy to be here with you all's support...

anyone watch The Biggest Loser? ... I love this show :)

suseadoodle
10-27-2009, 11:27 AM
I can't blame it on babies or kids :frown: -- just a dead thyroid ... but YES, I'll join in ... need to lose a ton almost LOL -- just not so sure how easy it will be since nothing actually works :confused1: to speed up my metabolism ...

Sue B
*wantmore
:marchmellow:

Scrappinsass
10-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Yes.. I know all about dead thyroids.. mine has not croaked entirely, but needs *help*... and then there's the *low blood pressure* medication they have me on to stop the migraines.. well DAMN.. that slows down my heart!!! Talk about a double whammy!!.. ANYway.... I've decided that extra workouts is the only way to kick start the metabolism!

Anyone up for a Wii Challenge? (for fun!!) ... we could make a list of the things in the aerobics section and see how we're all doing. (or other sections too if there's interest) .. just as a fun thing to stimulate some activity ...

Any takers? If so.. I'd be willing to compile a list of activites.

Debra
12-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Yes.. I know all about dead thyroids.. mine has not croaked entirely, but needs *help*... and then there's the *low blood pressure* medication they have me on to stop the migraines.. well DAMN.. that slows down my heart!!! Talk about a double whammy!!.. ANYway.... I've decided that extra workouts is the only way to kick start the metabolism!

Anyone up for a Wii Challenge? (for fun!!) ... we could make a list of the things in the aerobics section and see how we're all doing. (or other sections too if there's interest) .. just as a fun thing to stimulate some activity ...

Any takers? If so.. I'd be willing to compile a list of activites.

Lone.. I'd definitely get in on this with you!

Scrappinsass
12-01-2009, 01:58 PM
GREAT Debra.. so looks like it's me and you.. I'm going to assume you've got the balance board.. do you have that *Action* game too? Maybe make a list of the things we each like doing ( and actually do! ) and then see how we go? .or we could just post our scores daily in the forum? any ideas? Maybe I'll just list the stuff that's on the *Fit* disk .. like in our games (Ie: things that start with A) and we could just copy the list.. fill in our scores for the ones that apply and paste them. ?
:biggrin:

Also happy to say I've finally lost 8 pounds!! what a struggle and Xmas coming.. ARGHHHHHH

agarzaldynrd
12-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Last January I made a goal to drop 20 lbs. It took me all year and I've lost about 18.5 so my next goal will be another 20. It may take all of 2010 but I've got to get down so that I don't feel guilty everytime I eat anything!!! I'll be back right after the holidays although I don't plan to gain back any of what I've lost I will call a "cheat" day or 2 in the 2 weeks I'm off for the holiday.

Scrappinsass
12-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Ok all you Wii Fans.. for the *Fit* Balance Board.. so far I have broken it down into groups and I've done 2 groups and added my scores for today :

Aerobics:
Hula Hoop: 176
Super Hula Hoop:
Step Basics 261
Step Plus 577
Free Step
Jogging
2 People Jogging
Free Jogging
Rhythm Boxing Basic 293
Rhythm Boxing Advanced

Yoga:
Deep Breathing 88
Half Moon 78
Warrior 94
Tree 78
Sun Salutation 98
Standing Knee 89
Palm Tree 74
Chair 74
Triangle 75
Downward facing Dog 88
King of Dance
Cobra yes (they don't have scores)
Bridge
Crocodile Twist
Shoulder Stand

Scrappinsass
12-02-2009, 04:00 PM
So today I did 45 minutes and used up 185.9 calories (according to the program) using the Wii *Action* fitness game. Action is mostly muscle building and aerobics. I've not seen any stretching in it as yet. I intend to do the *Fit* program on the days where you're suppose to rest on the *Action* program and that should get me some stretching in. :biggrin:

Debra
12-02-2009, 05:43 PM
So today I did 45 minutes and used up 185.9 calories (according to the program) using the Wii *Action* fitness game. Action is mostly muscle building and aerobics. I've not seen any stretching in it as yet. I intend to do the *Fit* program on the days where you're suppose to rest on the *Action* program and that should get me some stretching in. :biggrin:

You Go Girl!! My dd came by and took my wii! so I'm sitting here with the balance board and no wii to play on! Ack... I'm going to get it from her this weekend..so then I can catch up!

Thanks for putting up the list.. very motivating... and I like your idea of doing the action program stuff on the rest days... maybe the yoga would be good on those days too :wink:

lilusmom
12-02-2009, 08:55 PM
I am currently trying to drop a few (well, quite a few!!) but like some of you ladies I have a terrible time. I take medication that is notorious for putting on weight. and it was a side effect that was I was not spared!! I've been looking at the wii with interest. It looks like it might actually be fun!! What is it all about?
All those activities, are they all on one "game"? What is the balance board? Any info and opinions would be appreciated.

Scrappinsass
12-03-2009, 03:02 AM
yeah.. it's a game.. for more hands on info.. go to youtube and do a search on Wii Fit or Wii Action. Wii is a Ninetendo console (Disk player like CD or DVD) and you put the game disks into it and it plays (displays) on your TV. You get the Fit disk when you purchase the balance board, which also acts like a scale and weighs you and is supposed to be able to sort of measure your bone/muscle to fat ratio. But the deal is to just get an idea as to whether or not your gaining or loosing and it keeps track of it all for you.

The Fit program has 4 groups of activities with varying degrees of intensity/difficulty. They are: muscle building, yoga, aerobics and balance. I've listed the activities I've unlocked so far in 2 groups. I'll get the other later.

The Active program disk has a 30 day challenge as well as individual programs you can set. It takes you through different sets of exercises at different degrees of difficulty and counts calories you've used up during the session. It has a journal and you can record extra things you do outside the program. It's also a great way to measure what your doing in a day.

Best way is to look at the YouTube demos... look at lots of them as there are heaps out there and they will give you an idea.

I personally find it heaps more fun than following a video or any other TV exercise program as it's interactive. You'll see that on the Youtube vids.

Hope I haven't confused you too much .. :biggrin:

Scrappinsass
12-03-2009, 03:07 AM
You Go Girl!! My dd came by and took my wii! so I'm sitting here with the balance board and no wii to play on! Ack... I'm going to get it from her this weekend..so then I can catch up!

Thanks for putting up the list.. very motivating... and I like your idea of doing the action program stuff on the rest days... maybe the yoga would be good on those days too :wink:

OUCH!! mean DD LOL Hope you get it back soon.. !! I love the Wii Fit balance games.. they are so much fun!! I suck at them though!! lol.. I'll get the list and my scores and you'll see what I mean!! LOL..
:biggrin:

lilusmom
12-05-2009, 01:31 PM
yeah.. it's a game.. for more hands on info.. go to youtube and do a search on Wii Fit or Wii Action. Wii is a Ninetendo console (Disk player like CD or DVD) and you put the game disks into it and it plays (displays) on your TV. You get the Fit disk when you purchase the balance board, which also acts like a scale and weighs you and is supposed to be able to sort of measure your bone/muscle to fat ratio. But the deal is to just get an idea as to whether or not your gaining or loosing and it keeps track of it all for you.

The Fit program has 4 groups of activities with varying degrees of intensity/difficulty. They are: muscle building, yoga, aerobics and balance. I've listed the activities I've unlocked so far in 2 groups. I'll get the other later.

The Active program disk has a 30 day challenge as well as individual programs you can set. It takes you through different sets of exercises at different degrees of difficulty and counts calories you've used up during the session. It has a journal and you can record extra things you do outside the program. It's also a great way to measure what your doing in a day.

Best way is to look at the YouTube demos... look at lots of them as there are heaps out there and they will give you an idea.

I personally find it heaps more fun than following a video or any other TV exercise program as it's interactive. You'll see that on the Youtube vids.

Hope I haven't confused you too much .. :biggrin:

Thank you so much for the info. I will definitely head over to u tube.