PDA

View Full Version : Who is watching the Michael Jackson Tribute

elenasworld
07-07-2009, 11:16 AM
I must admit I have never been a big Michael Jackson fan, but I have the tribute on the TV. I have been watching bits and pieces as I come in and out of the room doing my housework

anyone else watching?

j_camargo6
07-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Nope....and don't say anything do DH either, or he'll turn it on :-).

britnkaysmemaw2
07-07-2009, 12:31 PM
I have to say I was not thrilled that it was going to be broadcast on every station, but I am impressed with how tastefully it has been done, and the We are the World tribute here at the end was very moving.

donakat
07-07-2009, 09:34 PM
I've gotta say I'm surprised so many people seem to adore him. I agree he made some great contributions to music, but the guy creeped me out with his plastic surgery addiction and all the stuff going on at his ranch. Not someone who should be a hero or role-model in my opinion.

Scrappinsass
07-07-2009, 10:30 PM
I don't think as many people adored him when he was alive as when he's now gone.. sad but true.. and his family are now turning the whole thing into a circus .. who else would sell tickets to a funeral for heaven's sakes!!!??? .. Only reason it's sooo big is there's a $$ attached to it and let's face it, it's distracting everyone from the more important issues at hand.

lgameau
07-07-2009, 11:56 PM
I agree with Lone, it is funny how he is bigger now dead, then he was when he was alive.
When I was younger, I thought he was cool, but with all the plastic surgery and the skin lightning, he was a bit creepy.
We did watch the tribute, much to my daughter's cries of watching Bones (we rented the first season and we had watched that on Monday night!). I was surprised how tastefully it was done too.