PDA

View Full Version : type of cameras you use

britnkaysmemaw2
07-02-2009, 12:32 PM
I am looking to buy a New Point & Shoot digital camera. Just wondering what everyone is using these days. We have the SonyA100 DSLR and I LOVE it, I just want a small one to keep with me at all times, especially now that there is a new baby in the family. Gotta capture those cute moments, lol.

donakat
07-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Mine is a few years old now, but still going strong, and I love it. It's a Canon PowerShot A95. It has a great feature for me: the LCD screen flips out, swivels, and even turns all the way around so you can see if you're getting into the shot all right. And, if you're really short, like I am, you hold it above your head and swivel the screen so you can see it up there. Gets a shot over people's heads! It's a bit bigger than a pocket camera, but not so big and heavy that it's cumbersome.

CecileQ
07-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Have a couple, inexpensive ones & bit older.
But the problem I find is that shutter is difficult to press and the pictures are so slow and takes so long that it is impossible to take a second picture.
With the small lenses, pictures, even at 6.0 megapixels, aren't that great.

For example, at the horse show, I'd see the horse in the viewfinder. But the actual picture was the last couple inches of flowing tail and the empty area behind.

Thinking you might be very disappointed being used to the DSLR features.

So would stay away from the cheapest. 150 to $250 range you will find things like zoom, sports or burst continuous shooting, different programs.
Other selections would be the type of batteries or if uses the same memory card as your good camera.

Actually there are a couple (Sony?) that have face recognizition. Will focus on the person standing next to the horse or won't take a picture if eyes are closed.

I have so much fun playing with the cameras at the local Best Buy Store. Good luck on your hunt.

inge
07-03-2009, 02:09 AM
We bought a new small one when Tiebe was born so I wouldn't miss a moment. I wanted something that would fit in my bag or pocket.
The one we bought was the PANASONIC DMC-FS6 and so far so good. It is simple to use, so simple that my mom bought a similar one (a version higher) and the pics are great...

elenasworld
07-03-2009, 01:38 PM
I usually use my Canon powershot G9
I love it
It is portable, fits in my purse and I dont have to worry about the extra bulk and changing lenses. What I can't do with the camera, I work on in photoshop or even sometimes lightroom to correct

i spent years with my trusty Nikon 35mm, lenses, filters, all kinds of film.
now, all i want to do is snap the photo and not worry about aperture or film speed -- i am pretty happy with my results, with the exception of sports or fast action shots. most of that is because i dont want to switch to the manual mode and I am usually too slow in taking the photograph

have fun camera shopping!