PDA

View Full Version : Online card site stealing layouts!

scrapmami
06-29-2009, 07:44 AM
I just found out about this from another site, but there's an online card site that is stealing other people's layouts and turning them into their own e-cards. The discussion for this was found on DST (I hope it's okay to post the link.)

http://www.digishoptalk.com/boards/showthread.php?t=198834

This is the site that is copying layouts.

http://nubiagroup.blogspot.com/

You might want to check to see if any of yours have been stolen. Does anyone know of any specific legal action that could be taken?

britnkaysmemaw2
06-29-2009, 09:17 AM
That is so wrong!!!! There has to be something that can be done to stop them.

agarzaldynrd
06-29-2009, 09:24 AM
WOW I didn't look through all her categories but there are some of the cards that have materials that look very much like some of the products I've seen/purchased. WOW!!!

Nance47
06-29-2009, 02:03 PM
That's definetly wrong.
People work hard on their LO and buy the items.
And others take advantage of that.
What can we do?

lazyscrapper
06-30-2009, 04:22 AM
I tried to look for the site but all i saw was something about no Profit and her trying to say what she is doing is OK.

She really should not use other peoples work without permission.

britnkaysmemaw2
06-30-2009, 08:45 AM
Looks like she got lots of "hate mail" for using others designs. I saw some of the pages from other sites, and they sure didn't look like qp's to me, but that is what she claims she is using. Guess she is the one that has to live with the quilt of stealing other designs.

Andrea
06-30-2009, 10:06 AM
Looks like her blog has been shut down now. I hate piracy. It stinks!

tbcarter2002
06-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Well, I didn't see any of her "cards" but if she had to shut it down, great! She shouldn't be stealing other people's work like that.

ckbymommy
07-04-2009, 09:39 PM
It's still there - just with a 'disclaimer'.

denimdreamer
07-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Yep! I just checked. Her site is still up, just with a disclaimer added... as if that makes it okay to pirate others' layouts! Bleh!

ckbymommy
07-05-2009, 06:40 PM
From her disclaimer, it sounds like it's not just layouts. It sounds like she is using "Free" downloads like quick pages to work with, them giving them away again - which sounds like a violation of copywright law - even with the so called credit on the card. If you are a designer, you might want to check if any of your work is on there and report her to Blogger - maybe they can take her down...

mosser77
07-06-2009, 04:28 AM
I lurked on the thread about this at DST. The jury is still out, but IMO, it seems like she was simply misinformed about the confusiong TOUs and is trying to rectify the situation. A lot of it is a language barrier issue, but you have to give her credit for showing her face at DST and trying to understand what she'd done wrong. A lot of people sent her really rude and hateful emails, but hopefully some of the nicer people there will help her get her on the right track.