PDA

View Full Version : Can't link layers in Photoshop CS4

Fenn
06-18-2009, 06:21 AM
Hi

I just upgraded from photoshop CS to photoshop CS4. I can't link layers in CS4. When I click one of the layer, and tried to click on the link chain on the bottom, it gives out a 'stop' icon. Anyone knows where I go wrong?

TIA.

landofoz
01-17-2010, 12:43 PM
I am not sure what you Mean? usually you use the link to link together two or 3 layers+ Highligt e.g 2of your layers and then click on the link at the bottom.

diamndprincz
01-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Select the layers you want to link and right click..the menu should have the option "link layers."

Edit: I just tried the chain link, and it let me link that way also. If you're getting the stop icon, it means you have only one layer selected. Make sure you're holding "ctrl" [control] when selecting the second (3rd,4th etc ) layer you want to link.

southflascrapper
01-18-2010, 02:46 AM
The layers you want to link should be highlighted in the layers window prior to you linking them. Right click and 'link layers' from the context drop down menu.

Andrea
01-18-2010, 09:10 AM
With the newer versions of Photoshop, they have changed how layers are linked. What you have to do is hold down the CTRL/CMD button and click on the layers you want to link in the layers palette to select them. They will light up blue when they are selected. Once you have all of the layers selected that you want to link togoether, you can click the link icon and they will link. Do the same to unlink them all. Or, you can select one of the linked layers and click on the link icon to unlink just that layer from the group. Multiple linked groups are allowed. It links whatever you select first and then link together by clicking on the link icon. When a layer is linked, it will show a little chain link on the layer in the layers palette. Any layers that are linked to the current layer will also show a chain link when you click on one of the linked layers in the layers palette. I hope that helps. :)

Fenn
01-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Thank you all for the replies. I had figure it out. Thanks!