PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me with photoshop elements

Nance47
06-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Hi there,

I'm trying to make my first layout in photoshop elements 6.0 . Putting in the background is no problem, but when I put in a photo it takes op all the space. I can't seem to get it smaller. :frown:
Should I paste the picture in a new layer? Or the same layer as the background? And how to get the picture smaller?

Thanks for the help I can get

Greetz Nancy

lazyscrapper
06-15-2009, 01:16 AM
Hi there,

I'm trying to make my first layout in photoshop elements 6.0 . Putting in the background is no problem, but when I put in a photo it takes op all the space. I can't seem to get it smaller. :frown:
Should I paste the picture in a new layer? Or the same layer as the background? And how to get the picture smaller?

Thanks for the help I can get

Greetz Nancy

Yes you should put each element or photo in a seperate layer.

To adjust the photo you select the "move" at the top left of the tool box.
Make sure you have your photo layer selected, not the background. Adjust the photo by using the cursors in the corners and drag them down. If you don't see the "box" around the photo you may need to zoom out(if your photo is really big).

You shodl look at the courses they have here. The Photoshop elements courses are on sale right now. They really help. I started that way too.

Nance47
06-15-2009, 01:25 AM
Thank you,

I'm gonna look into it.
I'm always the one trying to figure it out on my own. But maybe a courses isn't a bad idea.
Thanks for the tip.

:wink: Nancy

mosser77
06-15-2009, 04:38 AM
There is a tutorial here (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/tutorials/ps/pse_firstlayout.pdf) that might be helpful for you, too! Good luck! :)

elenasworld
06-15-2009, 06:03 AM
just a tip on resizing -- when you are dragging the corners of your photo (or element) be sure to also hold down the shift key.
this will keep the proportions the same

agarzaldynrd
06-15-2009, 07:52 AM
I had the same problem. After your first layer, you need to PLACE things on the page to make additional layers. Don't open your additional elements or papers.

Nance47
06-15-2009, 07:57 AM
Yippie !!!!!

Thanks for al the advice.
My first LO in ps elements is done. :vb_chirolp_iei:
And I'm proud of it. :wub1:

I will try to uload the LO this evening. Have to eat now first

Nancy