PDA

View Full Version : Speed scrap w/Holly ~ Wed, 6/17 at 9pm eastern

HollyS
06-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Join me in this thread for another speed scrap at 9pm eastern! I promise I won't be too hard on you!!!

The theme for this speed scrap will be what makes you feel at peace which goes along with the theme of a new kit of mine I'm finishing up and about to put in the store called "Serenity". Please choose 1-3 pictures for this speed scrap.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/large/holly/hollyann_serenity_LRG.jpg

Of course, anyone who participates will get a coordinating participation bonus and one lucky random participant will win a $5 coupon to my store!

And you'll get an extra bonus if you use my Serenity Kit for your layout!

GDS is on eastern time and so you can visit the world clock to figure out what time 9pm eastern is for you! http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/.

I know how us multi-tasking women get going on lots of things so you can request an email reminder here (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/calendar.php?do=addreminder&e=680) so you don't miss it!

Participation counts toward Scrappin '7!

See ya Wednesday night! Be back later to post previews of the bonuses!!!

j_camargo6
06-14-2009, 05:51 PM
This is a gorgeous kit, Holly, and Wednesday night is a perfect night for me to "disappear" from the family view for a Speed Scrap! Can't Wait!

elenasworld
06-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Wow! Gorgeous kit Holly and hooray for Speed Scraps!

briarwoodpups
06-14-2009, 07:31 PM
d'oh!!! I'd love to be here for this, but I'm not going to be near my computer. Beautiful kit! Hope y'all have a wonderful time!

britnkaysmemaw2
06-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Hope to be there. If I can kick my DH out so I can use his computer, lol. Love the kit Holly. Those are some of my favorite colors.

donakat
06-15-2009, 08:50 AM
Gorgeous kit, Holly. I hope to be there for the SS!

agarzaldynrd
06-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Great looking kit Holly. I've got a family birthday dinner so I'm not sure I'll be done by my time but will try to get it done if I'm home in time and if you are not too hard on us. Thanks for the hint as well.

ckbymommy
06-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Yay! I sure hope I can make this one!

I love this kit, Holly, it's gorgeous, I will definately add this to my wish list - won't have it in time for Weds, though, no photo shoots until the weekend to add $$ to my scrappin fund:wink:

dakota
06-16-2009, 04:30 AM
Hi, I just joined , not sure how this all works, but I sure would like to join in , if someone could explain it to me on what I have to ?

I don't want to sound dumb, but I just had to ask.

Hugs Dakota:hi:

HollyS
06-16-2009, 04:42 AM
Hi, I just joined , not sure how this all works, but I sure would like to join in , if someone could explain it to me on what I have to ?

Hi Dakota! Glad you joined us :)

Basically everything happens in this thread. The speed scrap last 2 hours. Over the first hour, every 10 minutes, I'll post a step in here (ie. find 2 papers, one solid, one patterned) which means that I'll ultimatey post 7 steps to build a layout. Then you'll have the 2nd hour to complete your layout and upload it to our Speed Scrap gallery.

Since everything happens in this thread, you'll use the REFRESH button in your browser to read the most latest things people are saying and get my steps I post. Throughout the speed scrap, you'll also want to post in this thread because that increases your chances of get randomly picked to get a $5 coupon good for anything in my store!

The theme of this speed scrap is "Peace"...so you'll be scrapping something that makes you feel peaceful.

emeraldsong
06-16-2009, 05:57 AM
Bummer, I can't come. We are leaving for a mini vacation today and won't be back until Sunday.

Have fun looks like it will be a great SS (although Peace and a speed scrap are not exactly two things that I would put together.)

dakota
06-16-2009, 06:07 AM
Sounds great , I will give it my best try.

tbcarter2002
06-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Great looking kit Holly. Well, I've had to miss the last 2 because I've had a house full of people the past 1 1/2 weeks. Not only have I missed speed scraps, I haven't gotten to do ANY scrapping. :cry: The last person left this morning so hopefully, I can join in on this one. I'm sure gonna try. After all this company, peace is a pretty good theme too. :laugh:

Nance47
06-16-2009, 10:19 AM
What a pretty kit.
To bad I'm in bed at that time. have to work early. (it's bedtime in the Netherlands then)
Good luck everyone

Nancy

kcsimpson99
06-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Yay, SS!! Should be there!! Life is so crazy, I still need to finish the "love leavin'" from the last one...better get on that. See ya'll there!!

j_camargo6
06-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Oh, darn....I have someone coming right as it starts....hopefully they don't stay too long, and I can join in.

honu
06-16-2009, 06:10 PM
I'd like to do this and I'd like to use your page kit, Holly. I can't seem to find it in the store...is it available yet?

Margo3079
06-17-2009, 10:56 AM
I'd like to do this and I'd like to use your page kit, Holly. I can't seem to find it in the store...is it available yet?

I sure hope to do the scrap again. This will be my 2nd one. I was really confused the last time. Thanks to all who helped me through and for all of the nice comments on my LO.:roses:

britnkaysmemaw2
06-17-2009, 11:04 AM

I couldn't find it in the store either. She said it would be released soon, guess she got busy and forgot.

SlidingKat
06-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Looks like fun and such a wonderful kit! I will definitely try to be there I could use a little peace right now.

jd6405
06-17-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm in! SO excited! I had so much fun with the first one I did a few back! YAY!

jd6405
06-17-2009, 12:43 PM

Dakota, I know someone already explained this to you, but I wanted to say welcome! This is only my second speed scrap! They are so much fun!!!! *woot

Nancy Moo
06-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Can't wait Speed Scrap is always fun. and the Kit is Beautiful

Nancy Moo
06-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Holly, I can't find the kit in your store??

agarzaldynrd
06-17-2009, 01:49 PM
OK, don't know if I'll be able to make this tonight but maybe I can get caught up if I get home with enough time to finish a lo. Have fun and perhaps I'll catch you mid way.

HollyS
06-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Well, I scrambled but got the kit packaged up and into the store....

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_dnld_info&products_id=4255

Again, this is not required...just wanted to offer it up as a choice. See you at 9pm!

HollyS
06-17-2009, 04:48 PM
15 minutes to go!

uinthas
06-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Yay! :) And Holly, your new kit is gorgeous, btw!

tbcarter2002
06-17-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm here and ready to go. I hope I can keep up.

kissofsugar
06-17-2009, 05:00 PM
I am here this is my first one here so I might be slow....besides I only have the laptop mouse to use and I am not use to it...LOL

Margo3079
06-17-2009, 05:01 PM
I am ready. Hope I can keep up too!

HollyS
06-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Yay! :) And Holly, your new kit is gorgeous, btw!

Thank you!

HollyS
06-17-2009, 05:04 PM
I am here this is my first one here so I might be slow....besides I only have the laptop mouse to use and I am not use to it...LOL

Awesome..glad you are here and don't worry, I'll be easy on everyone tonight..promise!

honu
06-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Aloha...I'm ready too :) With my Pina Colada ;):goodluck:

HollyS
Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday....getting closer to the weekend!

Glad to have you join me for anothe speed scrap! Remember that theme should be what brings you peace and serenity :)

Also remember that the Refresh button in your browser is your friend! LOL...and don't forget to post often to increase your chances of be a random winner of $5 coupon to my store.

Ok, here we go...

Step 1: Choose 1-3 photos (see this might be the easiest step if you already did this)

brens29
I am here and cant wait

HollyS
06-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Aloha...I'm ready too :) With my Pina Colada ;):goodluck:

Oh jealous! I've been hooked on that flavor popsicles! But nothing like the real thing :)

honu
06-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Got em!

HollyS
06-17-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm here and ready to go. I hope I can keep up.

Hi Terri! You doing better?

HollyS
06-17-2009, 05:10 PM
So while we're all wading thru our pics....let's get a show of hands for who has read the Twilight series of books???

britnkaysmemaw2
Hi all. I am downloading the kit now.

ckbymommy
Just got in, time to play catch up

Nancy Moo
06-17-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm Late But I'm Here

honu
Oh honey I've read em all!!!
Team Edward :)

uinthas
So while we're all wading thru our pics....let's get a show of hands for who has read the Twilight series of books???

I'll probably be the only one who says they haven't read these!

erinfazz

Read them in one week and LOVED them!

kissofsugar
06-17-2009, 05:12 PM
I love the new kit but can't get it right now...so I have it on my wish list. :-)
Pina Colada sounds WONDERFUL Right now LOL

honu
06-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Can't wait until November 20th!! New Moon movie!!

HollyS
06-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Ok, here's another step:

Step 1: Choose 1-3 photos (see this might be the easiest step if you already did this)
Step 2: choose 1 striped paper, and one coordinating solid paper. Arrange papers so that solid is the background paper and striped paper is used on opposite sides of the layout (left and right side of layout leaving room for background paper to show through but don't show exactly the same amount of stripes.

ckbymommy
06-17-2009, 05:13 PM

I read them

Margo3079
06-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Have my pics. hope everyone is doing well.

HollyS
06-17-2009, 05:14 PM
I have read the books twice!!! LOL. I can't even wait until Nov 20th either. Have you read the transcript off the author's site from Edward's perspective??? I surely hope she does that for the entire series!!

britnkaysmemaw2
06-17-2009, 05:17 PM
I have not read Twilight. But there is so much buzz about it, that maybe I should.

tbcarter2002
Hi Holly. I'm fine, I've just had a house full of company for the past week and a half and haven't gotten to do ANY scrapping. BooHoo!

HollyS
I have not read Twilight. But there is so much buzz about it, that maybe I should.

Have you seen the movie?

kissofsugar
06-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Hi Holly. I'm fine, I've just had a house full of company for the past week and a half and haven't gotten to do ANY scrapping. BooHoo!

Bet you have a ton of pics hu??

tbcarter2002
06-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Yes, I have over 200 new pics. lol

honu
06-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Have you seen the movie?

I have it on my iPod! Is that bordering on obsessive or what?
Love the biology lab scene...ahhh...

kissofsugar
06-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Yes, I have over 200 new pics. lol

WOW that sounds like me....LOL
I just downloaded all my pics last night and I had like 165 or so....of just my 2 year old daughter....LOL

phardy1945
06-17-2009, 05:22 PM
I'm playing catch-up because I was late. I am about halfway through the third book but want to read all of them before I see any of the movies.

HollyS
I have it on my iPod! Is that bordering on obsessive or what?
Love the biology lab scene...ahhh...

Um, I guess I'm in that obsessive category too then! A download of the movie and extras came with buying the DVD so I got it and downloaded it onto my ipod. And the soundtrack is AWESOME! I love that scene and the restaurant scene. They are unbelievable actors....actual BELIEVABLE actors :)

kissofsugar
Are you in Hawii?

Margo3079
06-17-2009, 05:23 PM
My daughter and grandaughters are reading the Twilight series...I guess I better get with the it.

HollyS
Step 2: choose 1 striped paper, and one coordinating solid paper. Arrange papers so that solid is the background paper and striped paper is used on opposite sides of the layout (left and right side of layout leaving room for background paper to show through but don't show exactly the same amount of stripes.
Step 3: Mat or frame your photo(s). If matting, use another color solid paper. Arrange photos horizontally across layout.

HollyS
I'm playing catch-up because I was late. I am about halfway through the third book but want to read all of them before I see any of the movies.

Oh my are you in for a real treat when you see the movie!!

ckbymommy
Have you seen the movie?

I didn't like the "artistic license" they took with parts of the book in the movie - plus I already had a picture of each of the characters and that never ties in with the actors they get for movies.

jd6405
06-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Oh dear! I am so late! SO sorry! Now trying to play catch up!

HollyS
06-17-2009, 05:26 PM
I didn't like the "artistic license" they took with parts of the book in the movie - plus I already had a picture of each of the characters and that never ties in with the actors they get for movies.

I saw the movie first then read the books so I think maybe that gave me a different perspective with the books. I thought the actors really sold it!

honu
06-17-2009, 05:29 PM
Are you in Hawii?
Yes :)

uinthas
06-17-2009, 05:29 PM

Lucky! :)

honu
06-17-2009, 05:31 PM
I saw the movie first then read the books so I think maybe that gave me a different perspective with the books. I thought the actors really sold it!

Yeah, I didn't picture Edward looking like Rob Pattinson...but he did a great job portraying the character.

HollyS
Step 3: Mat or frame your photo(s). If matting, use another color solid paper. Arrange photos horizontally across layout.
Step 4: Create cluster above photo arrangement that includes swirl/string/ribbon, some greenery, flowers (or stars if masculine layout) and a button

tbcarter2002
I love to read but don't allow myself to because I'm one of those who can't put the book down once I start it. Don't get much sleep that way and when you have to go to work the next day, it's not good.

kissofsugar
06-17-2009, 05:32 PM

LOL COOL...So I have a question for you....
Have you ever met dog the bounty hunter???
I am watching him now on TV LOL

ckbymommy
06-17-2009, 05:32 PM

I agree that the actors did a fabulous job - just some things got left out of the movie I felt should have been there. Plus, I listened to the audio books, so I even had a 'voice' in my head for Bella.

britnkaysmemaw2
06-17-2009, 05:33 PM
I have having a rough time chatting and scrapping tonight. Got my new computer today, and it has Vista, so I am truly trying to learn where everything is.

ckbymommy
06-17-2009, 05:35 PM

He was here in Colorado Springs a couple of weeks ago - on the news 3 times.

HollyS
06-17-2009, 05:38 PM
I agree that the actors did a fabulous job - just some things got left out of the movie I felt should have been there. Plus, I listened to the audio books, so I even had a 'voice' in my head for Bella.

yep :) Hey congrats on losing weight! It's so hard to diet and so I'm always envious of those that can do it! I'm trying to lower my carbs and sugar intake. I'm the kind of person that enjoys coffee with my sugar :biggrin:

HollyS
06-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Step 4: Create cluster above photo arrangement that includes swirl/string/ribbon, some greenery, flowers (or stars if masculine layout) and a button
Step 5: Journal or use word art or lyrics to express what brings you peace & serenity

kissofsugar
06-17-2009, 05:43 PM
He was here in Colorado Springs a couple of weeks ago - on the news 3 times.

Yes that is what is on right now. I love watching his shows.
I have a friend that is in the military that just got sent there he left his Great Dane with me I would like to go and visit there for the pics and for dog...LOL

ckbymommy
06-17-2009, 05:43 PM
yep :) Hey congrats on losing weight! It's so hard to diet and so I'm always envious of those that can do it! I'm trying to lower my carbs and sugar intake. I'm the kind of person that enjoys coffee with my sugar :biggrin:

Thanks! My doctor wants me to do bariatric surgery, so I'm really trying to modify my diet and adding lots of exercise in hopes of avoiding that.

kissofsugar
06-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Step 5: Journal or use word art or lyrics to express what brings you peace & serenity

My cluster is big is that okay?? LOL I have never done a big one before but like I said I am not using the "original" mouse I am using the laptop mouse so I am slow tonight.

honu
06-17-2009, 05:45 PM

No but I found his office, quite by accident. I parked right in front of it and my brother pointed it out. My husband works at the airport and sees them often when they fly in and out.

HollyS
06-17-2009, 05:47 PM
My cluster is big is that okay?? LOL I have never done a big one before but like I said I am not using the "original" mouse I am using the laptop mouse so I am slow tonight.

yes sure....

kissofsugar
06-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Thank you Holly

I think the reason I like Dog so much is the fact that he tries to help kids so much and the fact that he's trying to stop all the drugs going on and around...and he truly seems to care about the people....he does not judge them for what they have or have not done.

HollyS
06-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Step 6: Create a title

ckbymommy
06-17-2009, 05:53 PM
my computer is running SOOO SLOW tonight - argghhh!

honu
06-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Can we put the title anywhere?

britnkaysmemaw2
06-17-2009, 05:56 PM
my computer is running SOOO SLOW tonight - argghhh!

Mine is running great, it is me that is slow, lol.

HollyS
06-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Can we put the title anywhere?

yes you sure can!

honu
06-17-2009, 06:01 PM
This is fun, thanks Holly!

tbcarter2002
06-17-2009, 06:02 PM
I've been keeping up pretty well so far. Now if I can just come up with a title.

honu
06-17-2009, 06:04 PM
I've been keeping up pretty well so far. Now if I can just come up with a title.

Me too.

HollyS
06-17-2009, 06:06 PM
ok, here's your final step...

Step 6: Create a title
Step 7: Date it and upload to gallery

Good luck! You have one hour to do all the steps and upload to the Speed Scrap (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=927) gallery.

Victoria32
06-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Sorry I'm a little late....willl see if I can get the LO posted in time.

tbcarter2002
Found a good title. I agree with Honu. This is fun Holly!

ckbymommy
Great prompts Holly. I'm loving mine so far! Thanks for another great SS!!

britnkaysmemaw2

Me too, considering I can't access most of my files off of my EHD.

britnkaysmemaw2
06-17-2009, 06:11 PM
I am so glad you were easy on us tonight Holly, lol.

honu
06-17-2009, 06:13 PM
All done and uploaded! That was a delight. I'm going to make myself another pina colada to celebrate ;)

See ya on the next one and I'll check out everyone's layouts later...Aloha!

kissofsugar
06-17-2009, 06:15 PM
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/thumbs/sweet11.jpg

Here's my LO
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=59192

Thanks for the SS it was fun :-)

jd6405
06-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks Holly! That was great fun!! I am done and up loaded! Here is my lo -
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=59193.

britnkaysmemaw2
06-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Here is my lo Day Trip (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=59194):
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/speed-scrap-6-17-09.jpg

Thanks for another Great Speed Scrap Holly. Love the new kit.

Nancy Moo
06-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Here is mine http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=59195&ppuser=13158

Margo3079
06-17-2009, 06:30 PM
I FORGET HOW TO POST MY LO:confused1:.

tbcarter2002
06-17-2009, 06:37 PM
This was such a fun speed scrap. Thanks Holly! Here is my layout:

Have Faith (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=59196)
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/Have-Faith_web.jpg

phardy1945
06-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Here is the link to my layout for the Speed Scrap: http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=59197

Thank you, Holly!

Margo3079
06-17-2009, 06:48 PM
i still cannot figure out how to upload my LO.HELP:cry:

Victoria32
06-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Here is the link to mine Sunset At THe Beach (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=59199)

britnkaysmemaw2
06-17-2009, 06:54 PM
i still cannot figure out how to upload my LO.HELP:cry:

Margo, go the the gallery page, and there is a link on the right hand side that says upload photo.

brens29
06-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Here is mine (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=59200), thanks Holly for a great speed scrap

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/medium/JamesBecca.JPG

britnkaysmemaw2
06-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Did you find the link Margo?

uinthas
Here's mine. Thanks for the fun SS Holly! :)

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/China-Meadow.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=59201)

Margo3079
My LO is posted. Not sure where everyone gets a posting number. This was great fun. I kept up better tonight than I did the first time. YES!:laugh:

Margo3079
06-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Did you find the link Margo?

Yes, but where does everyone get the posting number?:confused1:

ckbymommy
06-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Just in the nick of time - got a little side tracked looking for the perfect font (knew I had it in my stash, just couldn't remember the name, LOL)

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/thumbs/Harmony_Melody_and_Serenity.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=59203)

HollyS
06-17-2009, 07:06 PM
Yes, but where does everyone get the posting number?:confused1:

Do you mean how they are linking up their layout to this thread? If we so we have a tutorial you can follow up in our Resources > Tutorials section at the top of all our pages :)

HollyS
06-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks to everyone who participated! I'm so glad you joined me tonight!

Here is the bonus for participating...I'll be sending out a PM in the morning with a link to download :)

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/large/holly/ha_alpha_serenity_LRG.jpg

If you used my Serenity kit, here's what I"m working on for an add-on that you'll get!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/large/holly/ha_addon_serenity_LRG.jpg

I'll be back in the morning to post the random winner number! Have a great evening!

Margo3079
06-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Do you mean how they are linking up their layout to this thread? If we so we have a tutorial you can follow up in our Resources > Tutorials section at the top of all our pages :)

Thanks Holly I will read up on them tomorrow. Have a good nite. The SS was fun!:roses:

britnkaysmemaw2
06-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Love the bonuses Holly. Thanks so much.

tbcarter2002
06-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Wow, great alpha and I LOVE the addon to the Serenity kit. Thanks Holly!

HollyS
06-18-2009, 08:21 AM
Lucky random winner of a $5 coupon to my store is Terri aka (tbcarter2002)! Congrats!

tbcarter2002
06-18-2009, 12:43 PM
I had such a great time participating in the speed scrap and this is just such a nice bonus. I really enjoyed working with your new kit. Thanks Holly!