PDA

View Full Version : Helen's Store is Closing - 57% off

Helen
06-12-2009, 07:02 PM
It is with a very sad heart that I must resign from designing at this time.

My husband, who has been undergoing tests for the past 2 weeks for a pinched nerve in his neck, had more tests on Thursday, June 11, and he will have to have neck surgery in the next few weeks - and will have to wear a neck brace 24-7 for THREE months. He even has to wear a special one when taking a shower. OH MY!

My husband will not be able to drive, and I will have to help drive him around to his training session he conducts.

I agonized it over this yesterday and today, and have finally decided that I must spend my time with him, my magazine, and also getting my own health back up to speed. My husband is absolutely NOT a good patient (LOL) and I'm sure he will keep me very busy the next few months. OH my word!

I have been very active at GDS since winning a spot on the Supreme Team back in May 2007, and then becoming a designer when I won the site's Designer Contest in August 2007 - and I have enjoyed every minute of it.

My Creative Team has been the best ever and I want to publicly thank them for their superfantastic layouts and support in the past few years.

Elaine, His, Helene, Melanie, Pam, Amy, Cheri, Kris Ann - YOU are the BEST!

Deb and Holly, the moderators, the designers, and all of the past and current Supreme Teams have been fantastic!

My 57th birthday sale - which I did not even have time this past week to announce on June 10 - has now been extended to midnight June 30, when my store (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=29_61) will close.

So if there is anything you have on your wish list - you will only have 2 more weeks to get them - before they are retired from GDS.

HUGE HUGS to all of you - this is very hard for me to do - but it must be done.

Also, Elaine is in the process of sending out the bonuses for May's Techniques Challenge - and it will be the last one for me.

I will not be holding one for June. So sorry, but I am confident that someone else at GDS will be able to pick up the TC and do a fantastic job with it!

I was also up next for the Brag Book Exchange, but I will not be able to have it either - there is a fantastic designer who will be taking the next round in the BB exchange.

Again - thank you for all of your support in the last few years, and I wish all of you the best.

I will be around - though not much in next few weeks, but I will keep you posted on my husband's progress and maybe even come in to 'vent' when he gets on my nerves - LOL!

LOVE and HUGS to all of you!
Helen

Scrapalooza Designs
06-12-2009, 07:15 PM
You will be missed!

britnkaysmemaw2
06-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Oh Helen, we will so miss your Awesome Designs and your great Technique Challenges. But most of all, we will miss you. I hope that your husband's surgery goes well and that your health continues to improve.
Best of luck.

emst
06-12-2009, 07:43 PM
I tell you Helen even after you telling me earlier that you were leaving it still is taking time to sink in after reading about it. I know you have agonized over this today and with your dedication to everything you do I know this was a hard decision on your part. But you do have to put your health and Ken's first. Get rid of this black cloud that has been hanging over you for this past year plus. We'll stay in touch, get some rest and get healthy both of you.
Hugs to you my friend,
Elaine

Andrea
06-12-2009, 07:53 PM
I sure will miss you Helen! Good luck to you!

briarwoodpups
06-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Hey, your health has to come first! Wishing the best for you and hubby. When things get really tough, just pop in for a speed scrap cause you know they make everything better :) Thank you for sharing your wonderful talents with us!

HisKid
06-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Wow Helen, what a hard decision to make! You have been such an encouraging and wonderful part of the team here at GDS and will be greatly missed!! I'm so sorry to hear about Ken's need for surgery but know that you have both had significant health issues over the past year. I pray that surgery goes well and that both Ken and you regain your health. Thank-you so much for the privilege of working with you on your CT! You are awesome!!!

lazyscrapper
06-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Helen best of luck to you and your husband. You will be greatly missed.

scrappintwins
06-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Helen, I will miss you terribly! Please take care and keep in touch!
BIGGEST HUGS!!!!!

donakat
06-12-2009, 10:33 PM
So sorry to see you go, Helen. I wish you the best in your recovery and for your husband's as well. Of course those should be your primary concern. We will all miss you, though. Your designs & kits are fantastic, and I've enjoyed getting a lot of them. I will certainly take advantage of your retirement sale!

jhyll
06-12-2009, 10:33 PM
We will miss you so much Helen but as hard a decision as it was to make, it is the right one. The health of both you and your husband must come first. Good luck to both of you, and especially to you in the after care nursing, LOL!!
Big hugs and we all I am sure look forward to your updates.

kcsimpson99
06-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Helen,
It has been a priviledge to work with your beautiful creations. Thank you so much for your beautiful designs you have shared with all of us and for your beautiful spirit you have shared here at GDS. GDS will not be the same.

Most of all, thanks for giving a new digi-scrapper a place on your AWESOME creative team. It has been an honor, my friend.

I am so sorry that your husband has to have this surgery, but I am so proud of the decision you have made...to put family and health first. Prayers that all goes well. God Bless You. Please keep in touch.

Great big bear hugs,
Amy

JAB
06-13-2009, 04:17 AM
We will miss you! But you and your family have to come first :)

Ina
06-13-2009, 04:25 AM
Helen, I don't know what to say! I was shocked to read that you are leaving. You and your gorgeous designs will be missed!!! I hope you all the best and wish that your DH will recover quickly! Lots of hugs!

j_camargo6
06-13-2009, 04:47 AM
Helen, I am so sorry to hear that you'll be leaving..I know you must have agonized over the decision. Please know that you and your dh are in my thoughts and prayers, and let us know, when you can, how you are!
Best wishes in this next phase of life!

tweederbug
06-13-2009, 05:02 AM
So sorry to here this Helen. You will be missed. Take care of you and yourself. big HUGS to you.

HollyS
06-13-2009, 05:56 AM
As you know Helen, we are as sad as you are that you are retiring from designing! You've been a wonderful addition to this community and design team since you joined us! Always so inspiring! We would have love to just have you take a hiatus if that's what you wanted but there's something to be said for not having to worry about even one other thing!

I hope that your hubby has a speed recovery and is a good patient for you! We wish you all the best and please know there's always an open spot here at GDS for you!

daisydilly
06-13-2009, 06:32 AM
wow helen i am really going to miss you but i also know it's more important to take care of your husband and yourself. will keep you both uplifted in prayer and look forward to the updates hugs and prayers vicki

elenasworld
06-13-2009, 06:51 AM
Helen I will be sad not to see your smiling face and designs here at GDS
But I am hoping all goes well with your husband's upcoming surgery and recovery, as well as you getting yourself well again too.
I will miss you and keep you both in my thoughts. Best wishes and lots of rest and relaxation!

emeraldsong
06-13-2009, 10:07 AM
I am sorry to hear/read that you will be leaving. You will be missed.

May healing come to you and your family.

lgameau
06-13-2009, 10:15 AM
You will definitely be missed Helen. Hopefully your husband's and your health return quickly!
Take Care

scrapmami
06-13-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm so sorry, but of course, your family comes first. You and your hubby will be in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. Good luck!

agarzaldynrd
06-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Helen, You will certainly be missed around here. Please do, from time to time, keep us posted as I'm sure you will be getting many positive vibes coming your way from the GDS family. Thanks for all your wonderful designs.

stater
06-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Sorry to hear all this & you will be missed. Please keep us update on everyone's health!

candi1973
06-13-2009, 01:43 PM
I am so sorry for your husbands health issues! I hope that all goes well! I hope we will see you around!

My thoughts are with you!
Candi

carena
06-13-2009, 03:03 PM
OH my = sorry to see you leave us - Wishing you all the best. Hugs

phardy1945
06-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Helen, I am so sorry to learn you are leaving. However, I of all people know that family must come first and that involves hard choices sometimes. I wish you the best in caring for your husband and for yourself as well. There will surely be something good to come out of all of this for both of you.

Pat H.

adriana
06-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Helen, I'm so sorry you're leaving. However, we will keep you in our hearts and minds wishing you the best.
Hope to hear from you letting us know how things are going.

God bless your dedication to your family.

2SparkleOn
06-13-2009, 07:05 PM
You and your lovely designs will be sorely missed. Take care of yourself and may the two of you have a quick and full recovery. Warmest wishes to you both.

rmplemintz
06-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Best of luck Helen, I will certainly miss your awesome designs. I hope the best for you and your hubby.

mosser77
06-15-2009, 04:49 AM
Aw, Helen! I saw your store was 57% off, but I totally didn't realize it was a retirement sale! Best of luck to you and DH in getting back to your spry selves! You've been a permanent fixture around here but I'm sure you'll be back to say hello between doctor visits :) Hope you both get well soon!!

tbcarter2002
06-15-2009, 08:07 AM
Helen, I am so sorry that you are leaving. You will be sorely missed but your health and your husband's health definitely need to come first. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers.

Chanin
06-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Helen, so sorry to hear you are leaving...you will be missed! Take care of yourself and your hubby and stop by GDS to say hello!

Pearl
06-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Thank you so very much for sharing you talent and knowledge with me in this forum. I have learned so much from your examples and I will miss you.

rumkimom
06-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Helen, You will be greatly missed. I remember when you were doing the designer contest (that is when I joined) and remember hoping that you would make it as I loved your designs. I agree that you family needs to come first. I hope that all goes well for your husband.

hollandnancy
06-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Dear Helen,
I love your work and hope you will be back when your husband and you are better. I'm saying a prayer for you. Take care of yourself. You will be missed.

Sallye
06-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi Helen,
Me again.
I just took a quick peek at your store.
I think I already have all of your stuff! lol
I just joined the scrapping community in April and your kits were the first ones I got.
I love Blue Bells the best!!!
Thanks so much for all your hard work and when things slow down in the real world, I hope you can come back and give us some more wonderful kits again.
Sallye

twirlyjoy
06-15-2009, 10:28 PM
I am so sorry to have only just seen this (not quite sure how I missed it!).

Really sorry to hear about your husband but fully understand that family comes first. You will definitely be missed - hope you'll pop in to say hi and let us know how things go :)

Helen
06-16-2009, 01:15 PM
thanks everyone - see I'm back already - can't keep me away for long.
thank you for all your sweet comments.

HUGS
helen

Mom_of_5
06-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Oh my! I haven't been around much and just saw this. This makes me so sad! Your designs have always been wonderful! I will definitely miss you, Helen, but you must do what is best for your family. Take care of yourself and your hubby. DH had neck surgery in 2005 and it's a lot of work. ALL men are terrible patients!

donakat
06-19-2009, 08:07 AM
Wow, I just got a bunch of amazing stuff from Helen's store--all on SALE!! Don't miss this chance for a great deal, and beautiful kits!

glonet
06-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Helen,
I just now saw this. It makes me so sad. Your Mom's Garden is what attracted me to this site in the first place! I have since enjoyed all your challenges (learned so much) and your wonderful generosity in sharing your talents and designs with us.
Since I have a dh with recent surgery - I absolutely understand your decision and my thoughts and prayers are with you! Sick men are a full time job! Praying everything will go well and you will soon be back!
Gloria

elenasworld
06-26-2009, 11:34 AM
I am hoping the best for you and your husband's surgery.
I have been away for a while and I just saw this. While I am happy to have a chance to snag some more of your fantastic goodies, I will be sad not to see you around :(
Best wishes for you both!

okekeca
06-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Helen my dear, just take your time and take care of every health issue you two have to deal with!!
I have been following you from your Supreme time through the Designer contest......oh my is it almost 2 years since that??
Always loved your design and enjoyed your technique challenges.
Thanks to you I have started to create some stuff myself.

You will be missed BIG TIME, but I think we will see you here every now and then anyway.....LOL

Now go and take care of your husband and yourself.

Debra
06-29-2009, 07:18 AM
I can't believe we're down to the last days.. Helen, what will we do without you!?

OneMemory
06-29-2009, 10:03 AM
You will SURELY be missed Helen!! You are such a star here at GDS and a huge reason I joined this site!! Thank you for your kindness, amazing designs and all you've shared!
Take great care of each other and please stop and visit often!!
HUGS!

Nance47
06-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Good luck to the both of you.
Hopefully everything will go well. And the recovering will also be good.
We will miss your challenges and designs.