PDA

View Full Version : Problems Uploading a File

michellemomof3
06-06-2009, 03:20 PM
For some reason, when I go to upload my page, it only shows the little box with an X in it. I tried to upload something else, just to see if it would show up & it did. It only appears to be this file. I re-saved as a new .jpg but it did the same thing too. I also tried to upload it to 4shared & it showed the file being there but there was no picture. It is less than 2 megs so I don't know what else to do. Any ideas??

Please help - I haven't missed a Scrappin' Seven challenge since I joined & I don't want to this month!

donakat
06-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Did you change the settings (preferences) in your application so as not to save previews (thumbnails) of the files? Can you open your file in any other application or place it into another application (like word processor), and see the content?

You could try loading the file and doing a save as, and a new format, such as png or tiff, to see if it gets corrected that way. Choose a totally new name, so it's not just rewriting the same file, but doing an entirely new file.

Don't know if these suggestions will work or address the problem, but can't hurt to try.

Dona

michellemomof3
06-08-2009, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the tips Dona! I've tried all those things & I still can't get it. I think I'm going to flatten the image in photoshop, then copy the whole thing to a new file & go from there. Maybe that will work!

elenasworld
06-08-2009, 06:47 AM
It sounds like you use Photoshop?
When I am making an image to upload to the gallery, I resize my .psd file to 8x8 inches, then I chose the "save as web" option

A new box will appear here. The first thing I do is look to the bottom right. There are some dimensions -- if you resized to 8x8 it should say 2400 x 2400 pixels. (if you are at 12x12 it will say 3600 x 3600). I will change this to be 600 x 600 first to be a web size.

You will also see a lot of different sliders. Next, I generally use the one on the top right, and decrease the % until my image size is between 140 Kb and 149Kb -- you will see the size in the bottom left corner (under the image preview) and as you move the slider, you will see this size get smaller or larger, depending on how you move the slider. I dont normally touch blur or anything else.
When you have your image size around 150Kb, you can select "save"

You will have the option to rename and put the file in whatever file you save your digi supplies.

The save as web option gives you a .jpg file.

It sounds like you might have been uploading a .psd (photoshop file) to the gallery, but that would not work.

Hope you are able to start uploading your pages!

michellemomof3
06-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you Elenasworld!!! I could not have done it without you!

I tried jpg, tif, gif, png & none of them had worked! Even though I have Photoshop 7.0 & the settings were not exactly the same as whichever version you have, I tried the Save to Web & it worked. Thanks you for all of your help! Here is the page:

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/919/Ballet-Class-Pic.jpg