PDA

View Full Version : Why?

Scrappinsass
06-06-2009, 01:26 PM
This idea is not new, but I thought of it when I was looking at Jab's new stuff on sale - word art about sisters and brothers and all the things they say to each other.

So it's the age old question Why? .. I'll ask a "why" question and you answer how it applies to you then you ask a "why" question. Make sense? I'll go first.

Why do you like ice cream?

britnkaysmemaw2
06-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Because it is just so irresistible, lol.

Why does the gas prices have to flucuate so much with the seasons?

donakat
06-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Supply and demand--when we want to travel more, they can charge us more and get it!

Why do two-year-olds have temper tantrums?

emeraldsong
06-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Because they have recently figured out that they are truely independent beings, but they lack the know how to manage their emotions and communicate their wants in socially appropriate ways. In knowing that we are separate, they also enter into the world of attempting to control through behavior.

Why do husbands only hear half of what we actually say to them?

Scrappinsass
06-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Ever heard of *speed~reading*? well.. Husbands have mastered *speed~listening*... where in you only listen to every other word.. or possibly even just the last word... The key to *speed~listening* is to tune out when the wife says... *honey?.....* LOL..

Why is that two socks go into the dryer and only one comes out?

ckbymommy
06-07-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm pretty sure it's because of the sock eating monster that lives in the vent.

Why can teens be so sweet when they want something and so alien the rest of the time.

RN_Meow
06-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Because their hormones have taken control and they know everything!

Why is it called "Common" sense when so many people lack it?

candi1973
06-08-2009, 12:21 PM
I don't know how to answer this because I have no "Common Sense"! LOL (all I could come up with)

Where does bad luck come from?

Scrappinsass
06-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Comes from not having a rabbits foot in your pocket, a horseshoe upside down on your barn door, a found penny in your possession, a mirror that isn't broken, a ladder you've not walked under, a cat that's not black crossing your path, sidewalks with no cracks............ lol

Why do women like diamonds?

sparkles
06-08-2009, 05:11 PM
because they are so sparkly

Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkway?

Scrappinsass
06-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Same reason we send parcels overland as *shipments* and send *cargo* via sea vessels LOL.

Why did you start scrapbooking?

lilefanatic
06-10-2009, 03:24 AM
Well if u live here in the US it's because 75% of the time there is no rhyme or reason to most of the things we do :) Good question though!

Why don't buses have to have seat belts yet cars do? Well atleast they don't here in California!

Ina
06-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Well they do here in Finland!!!!! :D Every passenger has its own seatbelt in a bus!

Why good weather is always followed by bad weather??? :D

candi1973
06-10-2009, 08:29 AM
If we had no "Bad Weather" we would have nothing to differentiate "Good Weather"..... it would just be "Weahter"! LOL!

Why are there only 26 letters in the English Alphabet?

ckbymommy
06-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Why are there only 26 letters in the English Alphabet?

Because the first Dictionary Author got bored before he got to the 27th ....

Why do 'pageant mom's' make their poor little girls dress up like hoochie mamas and parade around on stage

(sorry - my daughter is watching some show about "Little Miss Perfect Pageant" on We tv - and no offense intended toward any pageant moms on this site, as I'm sure people who are smart enough to be a part of GDS would have common sense about dressing their daughters and make-up and such)

candi1973
06-10-2009, 12:55 PM
I am certain it is because the Moms are trying to live vicariously thru their daughters. It has always been my thought that these mom's were pageant losers when they were kids! LOL!

Where does the saying, "When it rains, it pours...." come from?

Scrappinsass
06-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Well.. apparently that is the marketing slogan for Morton's Salt. The little girl on the salt shaker has a huge umbrella .. quiet cute..

Why is it that most *fitness freaks* wear spandex around town and have their hair in a pony tail on top of their heads.. usually in curls? LOL

emeraldsong
06-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Because in order to be a true "fitness freak" you have to see the world as a gym -- thus the spandex. The curls are the result of a time-warp continum glich involving "fitness freaks".

Why do children love mud, worms, bugs and other gross stuff?

Scrappinsass
06-12-2009, 01:43 PM
LOL.. yes.. why indeed?

why does it rain when you hang your wash out?

donakat
06-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Ohhh, same reason why it rains after you wash your car. I haven't hung laundry out in 35 years--we have rules against it in most condo and neighborhood associations in California. So much for our "green" efforts.

Why can't a man be more like a woman (to paraphrase)?

candi1973
06-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Well, I am certain it's because if men were more like women, no one would ever be wrong....and therefore life would be boring!

Why is the sky blue? (This is a classic question that, at least for me, no one has ever explained...)

emeraldsong
06-12-2009, 06:55 PM
The sky is blue because of refraction (think rainbows only it's always blue). Also, blue is a nice calming color and thus we have a built in stress reliever over our heads.

Why do tired children run and seem to get more energy and tired adults slump and get less?

Scrappinsass
06-12-2009, 07:22 PM
When a person exercises we release endopherines which make us feel good. The more we feel good the more energy we seem to have. Adults that just laze around will not feel good so they don't want to go do stuff.. vicious circle..

btw:
The sun's rays hit the Earth's atmosphere, where the light is scattered by nitrogen and oxygen molecules in the air. The blue wavelength of this light is affected more than the red and green wavelengths, causing the surrounding air to appear blue. At sunset, the sun's light passes farther through the atmosphere, deflecting and decreasing the blue in the air. Scattering by dust particles and pollution in the air causes the sunset to appear red.

Ok...
WHY oh WHY do we dread it when the in~laws come to visit???? ..... /me runs to hide

Scrappinsass
06-18-2009, 11:36 PM
why can't anyone answer the last question? .. Fear? LOLOLOL

ok.. here's an easier one...

Why is that the milk carton invariably gets put back into the fridge with only a tablespoon left in it? grrr

Scrappinsass
06-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?