PDA

View Full Version : shutterfly problem? Don't understand?

clcayer
05-29-2009, 03:03 PM
I'm making a scrapbook for a friend and about to order through shutterfly....but when I upload the spine and back cover of the book, it appears a different color (brighter blue) than the navy cover. I used the same paper for the cover, spine, and back when making it on photoshop....but it doesn't appear the same on shutterfly. Why? I don't understand it??
I'm ready to order, but don't want the spine and back a different color than the cover.
Can anyone help??

lazyscrapper
05-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Sorry to hear that. I've never had that problem but maybe it's the dark color. I do know the colors sometimes look different on screen than it does in person. I always check the slide show version of my book since it looks a little different in the editing screens.

I would say delete all 3 and reload them if you haven't already. Also check the size. If the front and spine are stretched then maybe it's distorted. Otherwise email shutterfly help and ask them to check before you order. Good luck!

elenasworld
05-29-2009, 09:11 PM
i am not sure why it is happening
i printed only one book thru Shutterfly and though on preview, things looked different, my book came out fine, quality was wonderful

the only thing else i could suggest is make sure vivid pics is turned off for the pages and covers in your book.

on the book I did, I kept my spine a different color since my front and back were scrap pages and I just couldn't match up anything.

good luck!