PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Scrap

elenasworld
05-20-2009, 11:10 PM
I have found that I spend most of my time searching for just the right photo to scrap. I usually start with a kit and then look for photos that I think will work. I very rarely pick out my photo first, and then find a kit for my page. I am wondering if I waste more time searching for photos, or searching for kits.

So, I thought about asking how everyone decides on kits and photos.
I am trying to find some tips to streamline my process and maybe scrap more efficiently.
I do have to say that now that I pick a kit first, I save a lot of time as opposed to my picking and choosing favorite elements and papers from kits.
That method took up so much time listing products used and keeping track of my credits.

lazyscrapper
05-21-2009, 04:54 AM
I tend to use the recent stuff just because i scrap mostly through challenges. But the method is usually kit first then find the photo. Faster for me that way, match the photo to kit. Sometimes I find a photo I love and struggle to find the right kit. Takes forever. I very rarely scrap from more than one kit.

donakat
05-21-2009, 07:44 AM
If I have a photo or photos I want to do a LO with, the color and theme of the photos will determine which kit I search for. Sometimes the kit comes first, and I find the photo(s) to go with it. I think it's inevitable that some time gets spent looking for the right match whichever way you do it.
Dona

britnkaysmemaw2
05-21-2009, 08:45 AM
It depends with me. I have a few pics that I have and then saw that perfect kit I wanted to match them up with. But sometimes the kit just draws me in and then I have to find the perfect pic to match it. I'm a see what the moment brings kind of scrapper I guess, lol.

SlidingKat
05-21-2009, 09:09 AM
I always start with the photos. Then usually find a template for that number of photos. Or if I'm designing my own layout I place the photos. Then I move on to the hardest part for me...picking the paper. I have a bad habit of skipping the last step of picking elements.

briarwoodpups
05-21-2009, 09:29 AM
When I try to pick and choose perfect elements and papers from different kits, it seem to take FOREVER. The result might be worth it, but it certainly takes more time to find a certain something I know I've seen and can't remember where it was.

2SparkleOn
05-21-2009, 10:01 AM
My approach varies. More often than not lately I've started with a theme or kit in mind, but this week I specifically pulled out older photos that I want to see scrapped. Now I will look through my supplies to see what works with them. In the end, as long as they get scrapped, it's all to good to me no matter what path I take to get there on that particular day. :wink:

ckbymommy
05-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Occasionally I start with the kit when it is a required part of a challenge, but I usually start with the photo that I want to scrap.

agarzaldynrd
05-23-2009, 09:49 AM
I try to start with a photo in mind. That doesn't always work because sometimes I want to use a specific kit but can't find a pic to match. I also try to use one kit at a time.

elenasworld
05-23-2009, 11:12 AM
It is so great to hear how everyone works through a page. I seem to be in the minority, picking the kit first. But that has helped me to use products I have. I just hate when I back up and find a bunch of goodies I forgot I had. I am trying to force myself to use a kit at least a few times before I move on to something else