PDA

View Full Version : 5/14 Speed Scrap with Jenn

j_camargo6
05-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Hi All!

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm110/macnjenn/0509SSannouncemenWEB.jpg

Join me for a wild and woolly speed scrap on Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 9pm EST

You'll need ONE photo and a photo mask (one will be provided if you don't have one!)

Click HERE (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=649&day=2009-5-14&c=1) for a reminder!

Oh, and it will be in the FORUM!

britnkaysmemaw2
05-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Got my reminder set. Thanks for the tip. I love photo masks. See you on thursday!

kcsimpson99
05-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Got my reminder set. Thanks for the tip. I love photo masks. See you on thursday!

Ditto for me. Sounds great!!

HollyS
05-13-2009, 03:55 AM
Oh sounds cool! Photomasks are all the rage now so should be fun!

tbcarter2002
05-13-2009, 05:46 AM
Sounds like fun! I've never used a photo mask before so thanks for the hint. I have some masks but have not yet taken the time to learn to use them. I'll have to see if I can find some hints about using them before tomorrow.

2SparkleOn
05-13-2009, 06:10 AM
Do we already need to know how to use a photo mask before the Speed Scrap? What exactly goes on at a speed scrap? I was just curious since I have seen them mentioned, but was not sure what they were.

elenasworld
05-13-2009, 06:26 AM
Sounds like fun!
You know I live for Speed Scraps -- so I am cleaning now!:laugh:

j_camargo6
05-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Basically, we all get together, and I (or whoever is hosting) give you all a prompt about what to do on your layout, every ten minutes, for example: use 3 papers, one patterned and 2 solids. Sometimes where and how you actually USE them on the layout is up to you, and sometimes following prompts give you that information. ALL you need to come to a speed scrap is an appreciation for ARTISTIC INTERPRETATION, :wink:. All of the prompts are guidelines given to help you try some new things or get out of your comfort zone....they're not absolutes, and the only thing that disqualifies you from receiving the posting bonus, is NOT finishing up and posting your layout. Alot of my FAVORITE layouts have resulted from speed scraps because you don't have time to analyze your choices...you go with your gut, and a lot of times, those pages are phenomenal.

Anyway, after the 7 prompts, you then have ONE hour to finish up your layout, post it in the gallery and post in the Speed scrap thread! That's all there is to it.

I must say that I am known for being a bit difficult when it comes to Speed Scraps. I like to shake things up :biggrin: and throw a few curve balls. But I've promised to behave this time and be mild, so it's a perfect opportunity to come get your feet wet! There's lots of fun conversation and you get to know and enjoy the community here at GDS.

Hope to see you there!*woot

PS..I'll give you some basic instructions about the photo mask, and there are LOTs of talented ladies who will be there, that will have LOTs of info!

Do we already need to know how to use a photo mask before the Speed Scrap? What exactly goes on at a speed scrap? I was just curious since I have seen them mentioned, but was not sure what they were.

elenasworld
05-13-2009, 11:26 AM
artistic interpretation is my favorite :giggle: tool!

infact, i am deciding how to interpret my 3 yo being stuck under a plastic toy bin again -- grab the camera first, or go help her out...gotta go

britnkaysmemaw2
05-13-2009, 11:36 AM
artistic interpretation is my favorite :giggle: tool!

infact, i am deciding how to interpret my 3 yo being stuck under a plastic toy bin again -- grab the camera first, or go help her out...gotta go

If she is screaming, she is OK, so grab the camera first :lmao:

2SparkleOn
05-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Basically, we all get together, and I (or whoever is hosting) give you all a prompt about what to do on your layout, every ten minutes, for example: use 3 papers, one patterned and 2 solids. Sometimes where and how you actually USE them on the layout is up to you, and sometimes following prompts give you that information. ALL you need to come to a speed scrap is an appreciation for ARTISTIC INTERPRETATION, :wink:. All of the prompts are guidelines given to help you try some new things or get out of your comfort zone....they're not absolutes, and the only thing that disqualifies you from receiving the posting bonus, is NOT finishing up and posting your layout. Alot of my FAVORITE layouts have resulted from speed scraps because you don't have time to analyze your choices...you go with your gut, and a lot of times, those pages are phenomenal.

Anyway, after the 7 prompts, you then have ONE hour to finish up your layout, post it in the gallery and post in the Speed scrap thread! That's all there is to it.

I must say that I am known for being a bit difficult when it comes to Speed Scraps. I like to shake things up :biggrin: and throw a few curve balls. But I've promised to behave this time and be mild, so it's a perfect opportunity to come get your feet wet! There's lots of fun conversation and you get to know and enjoy the community here at GDS.

Hope to see you there!*woot

PS..I'll give you some basic instructions about the photo mask, and there are LOTs of talented ladies who will be there, that will have LOTs of info!

Thanks for answering my question in such detail Jenn. I think I will give it a try and see how well I can still take directions. :laugh: It will definitely be interesting to scrap by instinct only. :wink: I've been wanting to learn how to put masks to use too.

elenasworld
05-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Thanks for answering my question in such detail Jenn. I think I will give it a try and see how well I can still take directions. :laugh: It will definitely be interesting to scrap by instinct only. :wink: I've been wanting to learn how to put masks to use too.

Yay! I think you will have fun.
I am such a planner and a slow scrapper -- speed scraps really get my mojo going, Some of my favorite pages were made during Speed Scraps too.

digiscrapdee
05-13-2009, 01:07 PM
I missed the last one, but my DH and half the kids will be gone for this. I'll be there.

agarzaldynrd
05-13-2009, 02:42 PM
I love speed scraps so I'll be here. Thanks for the hints.

britnkaysmemaw2
05-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Yeah, it's Speed Scrap Day.

elenasworld
05-14-2009, 09:48 AM
:gogo::gogo:happy dance:gogo::gogo:
I need something after the day I have had, which started very early for me today!

britnkaysmemaw2
05-14-2009, 10:11 AM
:gogo::gogo:happy dance:gogo::gogo:
I need something after the day I have had, which started very early for me today!

Uh oh, does not sound good. Hopefully it gets better and DD will cooperate and head to bed on time so you can scrap.

HisKid
05-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Uh Oh ... this sounds like a blast but 9 p.m. EST is 6 p.m. here in Arizona ... I might not be home from work yet. Will see what I can to to make it. I really miss doing these. :D

rumkimom
05-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Since my hubby is gone tonight (weel, at least till 9:30 tonight) and my kids are in bed by that time...I might actually try this. LOL The only photo masks I have are the ones that come with PSE 7. Are those OK to use? or, I will just have to get the one from you....

agarzaldynrd
05-14-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm here already...OK, I'm very early, I know but I'm excited. I love ss.

elenasworld
05-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Since my hubby is gone tonight (weel, at least till 9:30 tonight) and my kids are in bed by that time...I might actually try this. LOL The only photo masks I have are the ones that come with PSE 7. Are those OK to use? or, I will just have to get the one from you....

I think we can use photo masks we have, or if we dont one will be provided.
Wow -- i didn't know Elements came with photo masks, that is so cool!

agarzaldynrd
05-14-2009, 02:34 PM
We just got a dd set from Christy Skaggs, I think just last week and then in Feb. we got one from bianca. Hope that helps. I also think the one from Bianca gives you directions on how to apply it.

sparkles
05-14-2009, 03:03 PM
I hope I can make it to this one but my kid has his last band concert of the year tonight so I have to go to that first. I am really starting to miss doing these. They are so much fun

tbcarter2002
05-14-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm here and ready to go!

britnkaysmemaw2
05-14-2009, 04:09 PM
I think we can use photo masks we have, or if we dont one will be provided.
Wow -- i didn't know Elements came with photo masks, that is so cool!

Me either. There is so much I have yet to learn about PSE 7. Guess I need to do some investigating, lol.

britnkaysmemaw2
05-14-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm here and ready to go!

You are the early bird this week for sure Teri. I will be back. Need to restart my puter, as it is running real slow.

tbcarter2002
05-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Oh, did Jenn change the time? I thought it said the SS was going to be at 8:00 EST but I see it says 9:00 EST. I guess I'm a little too early.

agarzaldynrd
05-14-2009, 04:22 PM

I wonder if pse 6 has any masks. I'm using the ones we got for a dd but I'm not sure how to use them. do they go under the pic then highlight the pic in the layers and group with previous???

elenasworld
05-14-2009, 04:26 PM
I am trying to get ready!
I need some caffeine if I expect to stay awake
DH is out with a friend, that only leaves the little people to worry about -- got the furbabies settled though

the hint was one photo, right?

Nancy Moo
05-14-2009, 04:30 PM
I Can't Wait!

jjckgarrett
05-14-2009, 04:43 PM
I'm so sad that I'm going to have to opt out this one...got a terrible cold from DS who gave it to DD too!! Plus, my son had surgery today and we were up super early to get to the hospital....ugh! :sad44: I love SS...Have fun tonight ladies. I'm headed off to bed

britnkaysmemaw2
05-14-2009, 04:45 PM
I wonder if pse 6 has any masks. I'm using the ones we got for a dd but I'm not sure how to use them. do they go under the pic then highlight the pic in the layers and group with previous???

When I have used them, I treated them as when I was using a template. Guess we will find out soon what the correct way to use them is, lol.

HollyS
05-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Hi ladies! I've had a rough day myself....some scrap therapy may just do the trick!

agarzaldynrd
05-14-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm so sad that I'm going to have to opt out this one...got a terrible cold from DS who gave it to DD too!! Plus, my son had surgery today and we were up super early to get to the hospital....ugh! :sad44: I love SS...Have fun tonight ladies. I'm headed off to bed

Hope your son is OK and hope you all get better soon.

agarzaldynrd
05-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Are we in here or another forum?

2SparkleOn
05-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Good evening everyone! Yes, scrap therapy sounds good.

briarwoodpups
05-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Oh, I am SO GLAD you guys have been talking and bumped this thread. I forgot all about it the SO is just about ready to come home and ask me to do a bunch of stuff for him after a meeting. I wonder if I can lock him out....

agarzaldynrd
05-14-2009, 04:53 PM
I vote for locking him out....what's an SO??? hehehe

j_camargo6
05-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Hey everybody! We're going to start in 5 Minutes in THIS (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/showthread.php?p=144761#post144761) thread!

tbcarter2002
05-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Yeahhh! I'm ready!

briarwoodpups
05-14-2009, 04:58 PM
significant other

j_camargo6
05-14-2009, 05:01 PM
For those who missed the earlier post, we're meeting HERE (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11448)

britnkaysmemaw2
05-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Yeahhh! I'm ready!

Hey Teri, we moved to a different thread!