PDA

View Full Version : Speed Scrap May 9th, 9PM with Andrea

Andrea
05-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Join me for a speed scrap! I get to fill in for Shannon this month and I'm so excited! I hope this will be a lot of fun for everyone!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w107/algolds95/andreagold_speedscrap_prev_sm.jpg

Here's an unofficial sneak peak of the new kit:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w107/algolds95/andreagold_upcl_prev02.jpg

I hope to have it released tomorrow. :)

Here is a hint to get you thinking about the speedscrap:
We will be using 4 photos, cut into rectangular shape with a landscape orientation.

I hope that helps!

tbcarter2002
05-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Yaaay! I'm not very good at it but I have really enjoyed the speed scraps and that's at a great time so I should be there. You have to go a little bit easy on us though, ok Andrea?

briarwoodpups
05-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Woohoo!! A speed scrap! I figured you guys were probably burned out a little from NSD, but I'm happy to see a speed scrap on the calendar. Can't wait!

j_camargo6
05-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Yeah! I can come to this one....I LOVE speed scraps...some of my best pages come out of them, cause I don't have time to overthink it!

britnkaysmemaw2
05-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Yeah, a speed scrap, and Thanks for the Hint on the photos.

liketoshop247
05-08-2009, 01:01 PM
:banghead: I totally made plans tonight for a movie because I thought they weren't happening anymore. *cry* Phooey. You ladies have fun!

briarwoodpups
05-08-2009, 01:20 PM
:banghead: I totally made plans tonight for a movie because I thought they weren't happening anymore. *cry* Phooey. You ladies have fun!

OMG - you reminded me - I made plans tomorrow night to see Star Trek!!! Well, lucky for you, bad luck for me, the SS is tomorrow, not tonight.

Hmmmm, will have to find out other times for the movie!!

liketoshop247
05-08-2009, 01:46 PM
OMG - you reminded me - I made plans tomorrow night to see Star Trek!!! Well, lucky for you, bad luck for me, the SS is tomorrow, not tonight.

Hmmmm, will have to find out other times for the movie!!

Ha! Well...I guess that's what were are here for, thanks for the reminder it is tomorrow...I about jumped on my desk and did a happy dance!

Gem
05-08-2009, 02:27 PM
This is a beautiful kit, Andrea!

emeraldsong
05-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Oh, boy, oh boy, I am going to be here. If I am a bit late it's just because DD is not helping in the going to bed department.

agarzaldynrd
05-08-2009, 03:56 PM
:cry::cry::cry: I have a party tomorrow night so I'll have to miss this. The kit look great Andrea, sorry that I won't be around. Have fun ladies.

elenasworld
05-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Hooray a Speed Scrap!
got my calendar marked!

kcsimpson99
05-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Yay, I should be able to come!! Kit looks great, Andrea, and thanks for the hint!!

californiateri
05-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Could someone please explain for us "newbies" what a speed scrap is???

Thanks,
teri

adriana
05-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Hi Andrea,
This will be the first time to participate on the speed-scrap. However I don't know what to do. How do I start ?

Thanks this sounds fun.

Simply Sarah
05-08-2009, 11:21 PM
what a beautiful new kit that is! WOW.

And thanks for the great tip... 4 pics.. toughie...

briarwoodpups
05-09-2009, 04:19 AM
Speed scraps are incredibly fun. Have your pictures ready (and maybe a backup set in case you want to change themes) then the leader prompts us with directions. One direction every 10 minutes. So one direction might be - put frames around your pictures. Or it might be choose (#) papers. Once the foundation is set, then there might be something like use 5 flowers or 3 ribbons, or whatever they choose to have you do. They'll usually throw in something of a challenge to set it off and teach us something new.

I've been in 5 or so, and some of the different things they've done is have us layer photos, or make a monogram, or use fonts in an interesting way, things like that. But the beauty of it is that you're busy finding elements and trying to follow the rules that you end up slapping things together without thinking too hard about it. I need to adhere the frame to the mat? Oh, well, let me see what I can find. So you might find stitching or staples or a bracket first, and use it, where if you thought about it, you would have used the same thing you always choose.

So it gets us out of our comfort zone and we end up trying new things in a fresh new way. It's really cool to see how everyone's turns out having been given the same set of instructions. I'm finally starting to get used to it to where I can make a halfway decent layout instead of totally haphazard. And someday soon I'll be able to do a layout AND keep up with conversation. maybe. :)

Word of advice - go through your kits and try to find one or two that have a decent selection of elements to choose from. My first time here, I didn't have any real kits yet and was working off of freebies from the internet. I can't tell you how many folders I went through to find stitching. I think it took me a good half hour!! The collab kits are wonderful, if you have any on hand.

Unless the movie gets moved to tomorrow, I'll be here between 9 and 9:30. Can't wait!

jayne

HollyS
05-09-2009, 04:23 AM
Thanks Jayne for the great explanation and advice! Can't wait til tonight! I'm hoping I can make this one...

3crazykids
05-09-2009, 04:56 AM
I'm excited to participate in my first speed scrap. My pretty new to digital so I'm looking forward to learning a lot!

adriana
05-09-2009, 05:45 AM
Jayne,
Thank You for great explanation !! I'll try to do my best !! I will have my kit ready also.

Hope to see you here too.:wink:

Andrea
05-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Thanks Jayne for filling everyone in! I'm looking forward to this! :)

eb2177
05-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Oh, I hope I can make it! We might be out looking at a house. :)

jessrdgs
05-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Now that Jayne has given us instructions and Andrea has given us hints, I think I am ready to try this.

scrapmami
05-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Yeah, speed scrap! I might be a bit late, but I'll do my best to be here!

tbcarter2002
05-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the hint Andrea. I love the new kit. Looking forward to SS tonight.

agarzaldynrd
05-09-2009, 11:04 AM
I can't believe I'm going to miss this!! UGH!! The kit is gorgeous Andrea. Have fun ladies.

elenasworld
05-09-2009, 11:06 AM
I have been cleaning all day to free up my night!
I am so looking forward to a fun speed scrap!

emeraldsong
05-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Thank you so much for telling us in advance about the pictures. Very good suggestion to have a couple of different sets of pictures ready. I had to change pictures in the middle of a speed scrap one time b/c the color scheme was not going to work with the pictures I chose.

Looking forward to tonight.

adriana
05-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Ok. I cooked lagsana for dinner in exchage everyone will let me do my thing with you girls. I'm so excited !! Hopefully I'll find the right time because I'm on central time. Is it one hour earlier compared to easter time ??:frown:

tbcarter2002
05-09-2009, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE=adriana;143914]Ok. I cooked lagsana for dinner in exchage everyone will let me do my thing with you girls. I'm so excited !! Hopefully I'll find the right time because I'm on central time. Is it one hour earlier compared to easter time ??:frown:[/QUOTE

Yes, 9:00 eastern time is 8:00 central.

adriana
05-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Thanks !

adriana
05-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Do you know if we will receive the instructions here ?? on this same thread ?

briarwoodpups
05-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Adriana - had to bribe them, eh? I just took mine out to dinner. Turns out we're both so tired, we are afraid of falling asleep through the movie, so we moved it to tomorrow - LOL. I'm getting things set up and photos downloaded from the camera - will be here at 9!!

briarwoodpups
05-09-2009, 04:22 PM
That's up the the person hosting the scrap. It's here unless the host comes in and says "ok - opening a new thread!"

adriana
05-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Very smart !!! Good I'm glad you're here !

adriana
05-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Oh, ok.
I also had a disk ready from my daughter. Lost it last minute so now I'm trying to figure out what to use !!!

kcsimpson99
05-09-2009, 04:36 PM
I have been cleaning all day to free up my night!
I am so looking forward to a fun speed scrap!

I am sooo ready, too, Liz!! I told DH and DDs that I wanted to SS tonite, as tomorrow will be dinner with Grandma and Mom and they always get to pick the restaurant and the plans...I have a long way to go before I have "seniority" over my elders...thankfully!!

So funny though, in our home, anytime it is close to birthday, Mother's Day, etc., we always call it "-------- Weekend Extravaganza"!! We started this when the girls were little and it's sooooo cute!!
:D:D So this is "Mother's Day Weekend Extravaganza!!!!!!!!!!!" :D:D

emeraldsong
05-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Okay a couple more hints for newbies

1- refresh often -- post as you can, but refresh often

2 - if you go to the quick links tab and then edit options you can set your posts shown to 40 and you can also have the newest post shown first. This can save you having to go through so many pages to find the next instruction.

Also know that the designer/host generally posts all the steps given so far when posting a new step and so you don't have to keep going back to find out what was I supposed to do with this?

Laura

kcsimpson99
05-09-2009, 04:44 PM
You guys are so great to give all these hints to the newbies!!

and

Happy Mother's Day Weekend Extravaganza to those of you who are mothers and to those of you who have a mothering spirit...all women are mothers...even if you have no children...did ya know!!
We all have that intuition and caring piece of us that makes us all "mothers"!!!

Soooo, Bless you all!! :wink:

Andrea
05-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Hi everyone! We'll start in just 15 minutes right here in this thread! :)

adriana
05-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Well, then happy "Weekend Extravaganza" to all moms.

adriana
05-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Ok I'm ready !!

Simply Sarah
05-09-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm ready as can be... making dinner now, DH is at work, kids are getting on my nerves. I have been scanning pics all day... I have officially run out of good digital photos. How bad is that? :no:

briarwoodpups
05-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Awwww, thank you - and enjoy your extravaganza tomorrow! Mom and I are going shopping. She wants me to take her to an outlet center :)

kcsimpson99
05-09-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm ready as can be... making dinner now, DH is at work, kids are getting on my nerves. I have been scanning pics all day... I have officially run out of good digital photos. How bad is that? :no:

I understand...I have been trying to occasionally scan in THOUSANDS of negatives...ughhhh!!

Tell them to be good, it's almost Mother's Day!!
:wink:

kcsimpson99
05-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Awwww, thank you - and enjoy your extravaganza tomorrow! Mom and I are going shopping. She wants me to take her to an outlet center :)

Ooooh, I LIKE the outlet malls :) Have fun!!
BTW, I love your blog!! I have a small, pitiful blog, I may add it to my sig, but I'm shy...it's not very "cool" yet :twitcy:

britnkaysmemaw2
05-09-2009, 04:58 PM

Are there many left around your area Jayne. Hope you have a fun day with Mom.

tbcarter2002
05-09-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm ready!

britnkaysmemaw2
05-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Oh, and Happy Mothers Day to everyone.

adriana
05-09-2009, 05:01 PM
me too !!! OMG !! I'm so nervous !!:twitcy:

elenasworld
05-09-2009, 05:02 PM
I am here, finally and dd is not in bed. she is stalling.
but I am here

britnkaysmemaw2
05-09-2009, 05:03 PM
I am as ready as it is going to get. My problem is coming up with 4 pics. Will work with what I came up with.

emeraldsong
I am ready to begin. DD is in bed, but not sleeping.

britnkaysmemaw2
but I am here

Hi Liz! You know she senses you want to scrap, lol.

liketoshop247
05-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Ah, the baby is at her Grandma's...kicked the hubby out to see a movie with his brother...alas...the house is MINE!!! Muhahhahahaha!

briarwoodpups
05-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Can you blame her, Liz? I'd want to see what your next gorgeous creations with my pictures are going to be, too!! LOL. You're lucky to have such great subject matter!

Cathy - there's one in Jeffersonville, but I guess most of the stores have closed because a new, larger one opened at Rt 35/I71. Haven't been to that one, yet, so that's probably where we'll head!!

kcsimpson99
05-09-2009, 05:05 PM
but I am here

Ahh, yes, 'tis what the kiddos do, isn't it? Potty? Drink? Another hug? I'm cold. I'm hot., etc, etc.....:wub1:

briarwoodpups
Adriana, you'll do great! How many others are in a speed scrap for the first time?

Andrea
Ok, let's get started!

Here's a reminder of how this works:

I will give you 1 suggestion for your layout every 10 minutes for an hour. Do your best to follow the instructions. It's ok to put your own creative spin on things. At the end of the hour I will give you your final instruction and then you will have 1 hour after that to finish your LO and post it to the speed scrap gallery (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=927) and come back here and let me know you are finished by linking up to your LO in the gallery! Let me know if you have questions.

All of you will get a participation prize (a template of course) from me for finishing up in time and 5 of you who complete layouts in the given time will randomly win my new kit. Here's a preview:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w107/algolds95/andreagold_upcl_prev02-1.jpg

I'll be sending out the bonuses later tonight! :)

Here's the first instruction:

1. Choose 4 photos. We will crop these rectangular with a landscape orientation if that helps!

elenasworld
I am as ready as it is going to get. My problem is coming up with 4 pics. Will work with what I came up with.

did you get a hint Cathy?
I am out of it

yes, she senses
I even had her out running and playing frisbee and getting all tired so she might be sound asleep by now

britnkaysmemaw2
05-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Can you blame her, Liz? I'd want to see what your next gorgeous creations with my pictures are going to be, too!! LOL. You're lucky to have such great subject matter!

Cathy - there's one in Jeffersonville, but I guess most of the stores have closed because a new, larger one opened at Rt 35/I71. Haven't been to that one, yet, so that's probably where we'll head!!

That sounds like fun. I knew the one at Jeffersonville was pretty empty the last time we went there. My Sis always went to the shoe outlet there.

liketoshop247
Is there a way to unsubscribe to the post forum for speed scrap so I don't end the night deleting 100 emails from it? lol

elenasworld
Ahh, yes, 'tis what the kiddos do, isn't it? Potty? Drink? Another hug? I'm cold. I'm hot., etc, etc.....:wub1:

oh yeah, all the time and mine just keeps on :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: until she finally crashes.

adriana
05-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Oh ! that's gorgeous !!

briarwoodpups
05-09-2009, 05:08 PM
So now mom is ready for bed, but can't resist the draw of the speed scrap, eh? lol

britnkaysmemaw2
05-09-2009, 05:09 PM
did you get a hint Cathy?
I am out of it

yes, she senses
I even had her out running and playing frisbee and getting all tired so she might be sound asleep by now

We are going to have to keep you in the loop, lol. I got the hint of the 4 pics, yes. If there were more hints, then I am out of it right with you, lol.

emeraldsong
Is there a way to unsubscribe to the post forum for speed scrap so I don't end the night deleting 100 emails from it? lol

Quick links -- edit options -- unsubscribe -- it is one of the early ones.

My first ss, I had to delete over 100 messages . . .

kcsimpson99
I am barracaded in my BR with laptop and the door closed. DH and kiddos are watching movie, but poor Tippy is beside himself that Mommy has the door closed....so....bark, bark, bark, bark.......:eek1

briarwoodpups
05-09-2009, 05:10 PM
I've got my fingers crossed for the kit!! :) Especially love that little glitter curtain!

ScrapperPooh
Hello Everyone,

It's the first time that I join a Speed Scrap, I hope I understand everything :laugh:
It's 3 in the morning here in Holland and I hope I can finish a LO :twitcy:
Have fun everybody.

Bye bye from Holland,
Audrey [ScrapperPooh]

Andrea
Go into your user cp and you can find subscriptions and delete it or change when to receive emails etc. :)

emeraldsong
05-09-2009, 05:11 PM
oh yeah, all the time and mine just keeps on :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: until she finally crashes.

Mine too. It is amazing what they can find to tell you.

briarwoodpups
LOL Amy - well, I'm scrapping one-handed because there's a pug in my lap upset that I didn't take any of the adults when I went to a meeting today for a couple of hours.

adriana
Did we started yet ?? I don't see any instructions

kcsimpson99
I've got my fingers crossed for the kit!! :) Especially love that little glitter curtain!

I'm right there with ya, babe!! I love this kit!! Good luck to all!!

Andrea
That's dedication Audrey! Glad you could join in! :)

Hello Everyone,

It's the first time that I join a Speed Scrap, I hope I understand everything :laugh:
Have fun everybody.

Bye bye from Holland,
Audrey [ScrapperPooh]

britnkaysmemaw2
05-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Hello Everyone,

Have fun everybody.

Bye bye from Holland,
Audrey [ScrapperPooh]

Wow. 3 AM. My brain would not function well enough to do a speed scrap, you are brave, lol.

Simply Sarah
I understand...I have been trying to occasionally scan in THOUSANDS of negatives...ughhhh!!

Tell them to be good, it's almost Mother's Day!!
:wink:

Scanning Negatives??? That sounds worse! How do you do that anyways?

And they don't care that it mom's day... they are 3 and 7... boys... and only care about the moment. ya know... :hairpull:

Andrea
Yes, we started. Look on page 6. :)

britnkaysmemaw2
05-09-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm right there with ya, babe!! I love this kit!! Good luck to all!!

Yep, Ditto that one!

elenasworld

Here's the first instruction:

1. Choose 4 photos. We will crop these rectangular with a landscape orientation if that helps!

emeraldsong
Hello Everyone,

Have fun everybody.

Bye bye from Holland,
Audrey [ScrapperPooh]

Dag! My DH speaks some Dutch and so if you get to confused give me a shout and I will have him try to translate.

Laura

adriana
Yes,
Thank You

kcsimpson99
05-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Hello Everyone,

Have fun everybody.

Bye bye from Holland,
Audrey [ScrapperPooh]

Hi Audrey!! I still have out Germany/Holland scrapbook from the last time we chatted...and no, I haven't scanned in pics to show you...shame on me!! Have fun and glad you are here!!

briarwoodpups
05-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Hello Everyone,

Have fun everybody.

Bye bye from Holland,
Audrey [ScrapperPooh]

Oh, I hope so, too, Audrey!! glad to have you here. please ask if you have any questions!!

britnkaysmemaw2
Looks like everyone is concentrating on that first step, lol.

kcsimpson99
Scanning Negatives??? That sounds worse! How do you do that anyways?

And they don't care that it mom's day... they are 3 and 7... boys... and only care about the moment. ya know... :hairpull:

My HP scanner has a negative thingy in the middle, so I can scan negatives...took awhile to figure it out...

Ah yes, it will get better, 6 and 9 year old, but girls...so they get into it more :) Yep, my friends with boys say the same thing :)

Andrea
05-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Here's the next instruction:

2. Choose 4 papers. Place one for your background and arrange the other three as some cropped mats in any shapes or sizes you wish.

kcsimpson99
05-09-2009, 05:20 PM
LOL Amy - well, I'm scrapping one-handed because there's a pug in my lap upset that I didn't take any of the adults when I went to a meeting today for a couple of hours.

Awww...sweet baby...shame on you :)

Simply Sarah
05-09-2009, 05:24 PM
My HP scanner has a negative thingy in the middle, so I can scan negatives...took awhile to figure it out...

Ah yes, it will get better, 6 and 9 year old, but girls...so they get into it more :) Yep, my friends with boys say the same thing :)

Is it a scanner only?? Do you like it? I have a HP 3n1 photo printer,scanner, copy thing and I love it but NOT for scanning. I want something else because I have ALOT to scan.

I will trade anyone my boys for girls... any takers??? :laugh:

Simply Sarah
05-09-2009, 05:25 PM
step 2 is not bad... so far so good! :biggrin:

Andrea
05-09-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm gonna make it easy tonight!

step 2 is not bad... so far so good! :biggrin:

britnkaysmemaw2
05-09-2009, 05:26 PM
So far, so good, I think!

briarwoodpups
05-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Ok - dog out of lap, puppy given its medicine, cup of chocolate milk, ready to go, had my pictures up, things were looking good... then the cat walked behind the computer and unplugged the ehd temporarily. I guess it could have been worse!

britnkaysmemaw2
05-09-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm gonna make it easy tonight!

That is sweet of you, for sure!

emeraldsong
05-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Easy is always good.

britnkaysmemaw2
05-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Ok - dog out of lap, puppy given its medicine, cup of chocolate milk, ready to go, had my pictures up, things were looking good... then the cat walked behind the computer and unplugged the ehd temporarily. I guess it could have been worse!

Yep, sure could have been. Why is it we never remember to save during a speed scrap?

adriana
05-09-2009, 05:29 PM
That is nice !! from: all the newbies like me:wub1:

jessrdgs
05-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Easy is appreciated for a first timer.

Andrea
05-09-2009, 05:30 PM

2. Choose 4 papers. Place one for your background and arrange the other three as some cropped mats in any shapes or sizes you wish.
3. Resize and crop your photos to 2.5 inches wide and 2 inches tall.

kcsimpson99
05-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Is it a scanner only?? Do you like it? I have a HP 3n1 photo printer,scanner, copy thing and I love it but NOT for scanning. I want something else because I have ALOT to scan.

I will trade anyone my boys for girls... any takers??? :laugh:

I have an all-in-one too, but had a scanner (HP) and went out a couple of years ago, and they sent a new one the next day (surprised) and this one can be copier or scanner, but I use strickly for scanning pics as it has a larger surface and have it separate from desktop, so can hook up large EHD and laptop to it, and scan away. Really like it, can scan like 6 negatives at a time, and good resolution, cause it is originals.....it is HP Scanjet 4850.....probably not too expensive...and WORTH it!!

Nope, no trading...have a nephew and lots o friends with boys!! Girls are "drama", but boys are "wild"!!!!! :laugh:

Simply Sarah
Easy works for me tonight! I have a long night ahead of me since I got NOTHING done today except one layout.

britnkaysmemaw2
I should have my camera out right now. My DH is sleeping in the chair, but the dog does not like it, so he is setting on the floor softly whining trying to wake him up. It is too funny.

briarwoodpups
Oh... see? There's something I've never used - the ruler in PSE5 - off to find it!

scrapmami
I'm here! Late, but here! :)

kcsimpson99
05-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Yep, sure could have been. Why is it we never remember to save during a speed scrap?

Oh, man, Cathy, thanks for the reminder...yikes!! I never remember!! :eek1

emeraldsong
05-09-2009, 05:33 PM

Help me out with the how to of this (I use PSE) -- I can crop, but I have no idea how to make them a specific size and stay that way when I move them onto my layout.

kcsimpson99
05-09-2009, 05:34 PM
I should have my camera out right now. My DH is sleeping in the chair, but the dog does not like it, so he is setting on the floor softly whining trying to wake him up. It is too funny.

:lmao: You are sooo, bad...but, do it!! :lmao:

Simply Sarah
05-09-2009, 05:36 PM
it is HP Scanjet 4850.....probably not too expensive...and WORTH it!!

Nope, no trading...have a nephew and lots o friends with boys!! Girls are "drama", but boys are "wild"!!!!! :laugh:

Well, I wrote that down... need to ask for something for my bday... I asked for cash for Mother's Day...

Dang... I could use a break from my wild boys. :hairpull:

briarwoodpups
05-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Help me out with the how to of this (I use PSE) -- I can crop, but I have no idea how to make them a specific size and stay that way when I move them onto my layout.

I cropped my photos into a rectangular shape. Then pasted them into my layout. Then went to view > ruler and then sized each one to the correct size (well, or very close to it, anyway).

adriana
05-09-2009, 05:38 PM
click on your photo after you have cropped. then hit control tab and "a" that will select it, then click control tab and "c" that will copy then go to your paper and hit control tab and "v" that will paste it to the correct size

hope it helps

ScrapperPooh
05-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm Welkom, I feld a sleep a little while on the cough and now I will try to enjoy this speed scrap
Laura thanks that you will helping me and Amy don't be shamed we are all busy :wink:
Oke I will take a look to the next steps.
Bye bye for now.

3crazykids
05-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Hi - I'm a newbie. I think I might be doing something wrong in re-sizing because it seems really small. Is the PSE 7 ruler in inches?

liketoshop247
05-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Whew! i finally have a second to post to the ladies in the house...HI LADIES! (I'm not ignoring you all, just arguing with my photoshop, lol) Welcome all the first timers!

briarwoodpups
05-09-2009, 05:42 PM
3crazykids - the pictures are tiny!! very curious to see what miss andrea has up her sleeve for us next!

Andrea
Thanks for the suggestions on cropping in PSE. I know Photoshop, but PSE is a foreign world!

Here's the next step:

4. Place your photos on your layout in a line with one edge touching another. The line can go horizontal or vertical.

adriana
Thank you I hope I have not missed any instructions.

britnkaysmemaw2
My pics look very out of shape. I am not doing something right.

elenasworld
05-09-2009, 05:44 PM

we want to see photos Cathy!

britnkaysmemaw2
05-09-2009, 05:45 PM
He woke up b4 I could get the camera. Now they are both outside. He has the dog SO spoiled!

scrapmami
05-09-2009, 05:46 PM
click on your photo after you have cropped. then hit control tab and "a" that will select it, then click control tab and "c" that will copy then go to your paper and hit control tab and "v" that will paste it to the correct size

hope it helps

I never knew that! That's great! Thanks!

kcsimpson99
05-09-2009, 05:47 PM
My pics look very out of shape. I am not doing something right.

Mine did that too, Cathy. Do you have your "constrained proportions" checked when you re-size, cause the closest I can get is like 2.5 by 1.87 inches...

adriana
05-09-2009, 05:48 PM
I never knew that! That's great! Thanks!
Your welcome.
Glad to help:goodluck:

britnkaysmemaw2
05-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Mine did that too, Cathy. Do you have your "constrained proportions" checked when you re-size, cause the closest I can get is like 2.5 by 1.87 inches...

Good question. Will have to check that.

emeraldsong
05-09-2009, 05:49 PM

hope it helps

Thank you -- I always learn something at a SS. I figured out a way to do it, but it was much more complicated.

elenasworld
05-09-2009, 05:52 PM

I am so bad with measurements, so I created a rectangle in that dimension, copied it so I had four. Then I clipped each of my photos to one rectangle and then resized the photo to get my image where I wanted it to be, and then I merged the rectangle and my photo. That way I knew I had four all the same size.

kcsimpson99
05-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Ok, how many steps so far...I feel behind...did I miss something??? :eek1

scrapmami
05-09-2009, 05:54 PM
I think we're on 4.

britnkaysmemaw2
I am so bad with measurements, so I created a rectangle in that dimension, copied it so I had four. Then I clipped each of my photos to one rectangle and then resized the photo to get my image where I wanted it to be, and then I merged the rectangle and my photo. That way I knew I had four all the same size.

You always come up with clever ideas Liz.

j_camargo6
Hi everybody! I made it...really late, but I made it! Looks like you're all having tons of fun!

Hello to the newbies, and Simply Sarah, I have 6 girls I could trade in for some boys, LOL....

Better get started....got a lot to do if I'm going to finish this in time!

jessrdgs
05-09-2009, 05:55 PM
What size background paper are we suppose to use.

kcsimpson99

Oh...very nice...I did not think of that. Thank you so much for the tip. :wink:

emeraldsong

That's what I did. too.

j_camargo6
05-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Oh, clarification, please Andrea.....do they have to be 4 DIFFERENT photos?

britnkaysmemaw2
05-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Hi everybody! I made it...really late, but I made it! Looks like you're all having tons of fun!

Hello to the newbies, and Simply Sarah, I have 6 girls I could trade in for some boys, LOL....

Hi Jenn - You will catch up in no time.

kcsimpson99
05-09-2009, 05:57 PM

Hiya, Jenn...6 girls...yep, you know ALL about the DRAMA, eh??? LOL!! :wink:

Andrea
Here's the next step:

4. Place your photos on your layout in a line with one edge touching another. The line can go horizontal or vertical.
5. Choose 6 elements to work with. One must be stitching and one must be a clip. The others can be of your own choosing.

ScrapperPooh
I'm having troubles with nr 3 to resize my photo's
I'm using PSP-12 and when I resize my photo's to 2,5 -2 they will be very small.
Laura can you help me with the size in centimeters please or must the photo's be so small. ????
[Sorry for my bad english I hope you understand me :confused1: ]

Andrea
05-09-2009, 05:58 PM
You can do your layout in any size you want...12x12, 8.5x11, 11x8.5 etc. So, your background should be large enough to cover that.

What size background paper are we suppose to use.

scrapmami
Originally Posted by elenasworld View Post

Love that idea!

Simply Sarah
I have 6 girls I could trade in for some boys, LOL....

Uhmmm.... do I have to take ALL 6 of them??? I would be running around like a chicken... Are they in their teens yet or pretty young?

Andrea
05-09-2009, 05:59 PM
No, you can duplicate the same photo if you want or any combination of different and same. That's really popular right now in layouts! :)

Oh, clarification, please Andrea.....do they have to be 4 DIFFERENT photos?

scrapmami
Jenn--you have 6 girls??? Wow! No boys?

liketoshop247

My lovely adobe has a nifty feature on the crop tool. whenever I use it it allows me to do custom crops with the tool, so I can tell it exactly how many inches width and length I want it to be. But, this was certainly an genius way to go too! I love your all's creativity!

Simply Sarah
05-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Yikes.... I am still trying to pick out my papers. I better get moving.

elenasworld

Hi Jenn
Can I trade in mine too ?

briarwoodpups
Mind if I use ric a rac for the stitching?

j_camargo6
05-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Uhmmm.... do I have to take ALL 6 of them??? I would be running around like a chicken... Are they in their teens yet or pretty young?

16, 8, 7, 6, 3, and 20 mos................some of nearly everything! And YES, they're a package deal, LOL

j_camargo6
05-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Hi Jenn
Can I trade in mine too ?

YES! We'll start calling this Speed Scraps and Kid Swap Night!

emeraldsong
05-09-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm having troubles with nr 3 to resize my photo's
I'm using PSP-12 and when I resize my photo's to 2,5 -2 they will be very small.
Laura can you help me with the size in centimeters please or must the photo's be so small. ????
[Sorry for my bad english I hope you understand me :confused1: ]

The photos are small 2 inchesX2.5 = 5.1 cm high by 6.4 cm

Laura

j_camargo6
05-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Jenn--you have 6 girls??? Wow! No boys?

No boys currently in residence apart from the DH and the 40 lb, 5 month old boxer puppy.

Andrea
05-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Sounds fine to me!

Mind if I use ric a rac for the stitching?

briarwoodpups
05-09-2009, 06:05 PM
clip clip clip clip - where are they all hiding?

Andrea
05-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Yes, both PSE and Photoshop have that and it's great! Just open your photos and set the options for the crop tool and drag out a box on it. Then, you can copy and paste right into your layout. I wasn't sure PSE had that but I just checked.

My lovely adobe has a nifty feature on the crop tool. whenever I use it it allows me to do custom crops with the tool, so I can tell it exactly how many inches width and length I want it to be. But, this was certainly an genius way to go too! I love your all's creativity!

scrapmami
05-09-2009, 06:06 PM
No boys currently in residence apart from the DH and the 40 lb, 5 month old boxer puppy.

I bet hubby must go crazy sometimes with all the estrogen around! In my family it was the opposite--lots of boys (7) and only 3 girls. We were always complaining about how gross and stinky they were (which, by God, they definitely are:laugh:).

Andrea
05-09-2009, 06:08 PM
You are right. They will just fit on the page when you line them all up together so they are small. :)

Laura

Simply Sarah
05-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Finally narrowed down the 15 papers to 4! :3:

j_camargo6
05-09-2009, 06:09 PM
I bet hubby must go crazy sometimes with all the estrogen around! In my family it was the opposite--lots of boys (7) and only 3 girls. We were always complaining about how gross and stinky they were (which, by God, they definitely are:laugh:).

I'm sure....although my 8 year old gets kinda funky, and my 7 year olds socks/feet/shoes smell like corn chips (YUCK). I guess they're all stinky sometimes. LOL.

britnkaysmemaw2
05-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Yes, both PSE and Photoshop have that and it's great! Just open your photos and set the options for the crop tool and drag out a box on it. Then, you can copy and paste right into your layout. I wasn't sure PSE had that but I just checked.

Thanks for the tip!

Andrea
05-09-2009, 06:10 PM
I think we got a little behind! :laugh: Here's the next step:

5. Choose 6 elements to work with. One must be stitching and one must be a clip. The others can be of your own choosing.
6. Arrange your elements with two behind your photos and the others in front.

ScrapperPooh
05-09-2009, 06:11 PM

Laura

Thanks Laura for your help, that means that they will be 7/8 procent of the originel size, just a little bit bigger than an avatar.

Andrea
05-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Sometimes I pick the ones I think I want and I end up exchanging one because it just doesn't fit!

Finally narrowed down the 15 papers to 4! :3:

kcsimpson99
05-09-2009, 06:12 PM

Wow, he is 40# already?? I remember when you put the 1st LOs of him up. Any new pics??

Ok, so for trade, I will take your 8 and 6 year-olds to distract my 9 and 6 year olds...LOL!! Actually, after watching friends' kids with mine sometimes, once you have 2, the others kinda distract each other...of course, they are not SISTERS...LOL!!...and once again...DRAMA!!....LOL!!
:laugh:

j_camargo6
05-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Wow, he is 40# already?? I remember when you put the 1st LOs of him up. Any new pics??

Ok, so for trade, I will take your 8 and 6 year-olds to distract my 9 and 6 year olds...LOL!! Actually, after watching friends' kids with mine sometimes, once you have 2, the others kinda distract each other...of course, they are not SISTERS...LOL!!...and once again...DRAMA!!....LOL!!

Oh, yes.....DRAMA reigns supreme here!....I probably DO have pics of the dog! I'll get one of him posted soon!

Simply Sarah
05-09-2009, 06:17 PM

That is true about having more kids in the house, that are NOT siblings. My two fight constantly, which surprises me because they are 4 years apart. But when I watch either my girlfriends 2 girls that are 7 and 9 or I watch another mom's girl and boy who are 8 and 6... they are all fine! with NO fighting. What gives? Why does that happen?

emeraldsong
05-09-2009, 06:18 PM

Does it matter how many times we use the 6 elements?

Andrea
05-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Here's the last step:

7. Finish your layout off with only two words of journaling. This can be random words or a title.

You have one hour to post your finished layout in the speed scrap gallery (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=927). Make sure you post a link here so I know what time you finished. Good luck and I hope you had fun!

Andrea
05-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Nope, duplicate them as many times as you want! :)

Does it matter how many times we use the 6 elements?

kcsimpson99
05-09-2009, 06:23 PM
That is true about having more kids in the house, that are NOT siblings. My two fight constantly, which surprises me because they are 4 years apart. But when I watch either my girlfriends 2 girls that are 7 and 9 or I watch another mom's girl and boy who are 8 and 6... they are all fine! with NO fighting. What gives? Why does that happen?

It's the distraction of the other kids, I tell ya, and then when they leave, they take out their frustrations on their siblings AND the parents!! lol!!
:twitcy:

scrapmami
05-09-2009, 06:25 PM
ONLY 2 WORDS!!!!!! You just destroyed me! :)

Andrea
05-09-2009, 06:26 PM
:laugh: Short and sweet baby! :)

ONLY 2 WORDS!!!!!! You just destroyed me! :)

kcsimpson99
05-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Can we put a date?? That is not the title...just small???

nancyrwa
05-09-2009, 06:29 PM
I hope that I can catch up for this one. I was held up at my FIL's so I am off to a late start. Looks like the steps are pretty straight forward.

Andrea
05-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Yes, you could sub a date for one of the words.

Can we put a date?? That is not the title...just small???

DeniseD144
05-09-2009, 06:48 PM
This is my first SS. Can someone tell me how to upload my layout to the gallery?
Thanks

scrapmami
05-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Okay, here's mine. Seriously, though, I'm telling you that I'm going to cheat, because after I post this, I'm going to have to journal on it. I chose those particular photos and the design of the layout specifically so I could journal the story behind the puppies. Please don't hate me! :)

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/Perfect-Happiness.jpg

Pure Happiness (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=56193)

emeraldsong
05-09-2009, 06:51 PM
This is my first SS. Can someone tell me how to upload my layout to the gallery?
Thanks

Go to Gallery and to the far right there is a button that says "upload image" . Click on that, use browse to find your image (LO) and then use the drop down menu to make sure that you are posting in the Speed Scrap gallery.

briarwoodpups
05-09-2009, 06:52 PM
My internet kept freezing on me!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/thumbs/marabelspeedscrap.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=56196)

liketoshop247
05-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Okay, I have one clip that matches which is a tag clip and has to have something on it to look right, lol. I used my two words and I had a date....like, oober tiny on it. Uh- will be taken behind a shed a beaten if I don't get rid of the date? lol

Andrea
05-09-2009, 06:53 PM
You'll want to save a copy of your image (not the original) at 600x600 pixels and in JPG format and upload that version.

Thanks

Go to Gallery and to the far right there is a button that says "upload image" . Click on that, use browse to find your image (LO) and then use the drop down menu to make sure that you are posting in the Speed Scrap gallery.

liketoshop247
05-09-2009, 06:54 PM
My internet kept freezing on me!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/thumbs/marabelspeedscrap.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=56196)

Aw, Jayne, that is just lovely hon!

Andrea
05-09-2009, 06:54 PM
That will be fine! :laugh:

Okay, I have one clip that matches which is a tag clip and has to have something on it to look right, lol. I used my two words and I had a date....like, oober tiny on it. Uh- will be taken behind a shed a beaten if I don't get rid of the date? lol

adriana
05-09-2009, 06:56 PM
here it's mine I would like to add that I used Andrea's Pinkparfait kit which I love !!

liketoshop247
05-09-2009, 07:00 PM
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/Tunnel-Vision.jpg

Got it! So much fun as usual! Thanks for making a super awesome prize and an offer to win that super awesome kit!

DeniseD144
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=56199&cat=927

tbcarter2002
Here is my layout: http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=56200&ppuser=12789

britnkaysmemaw2
05-09-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm saving now. Be back soon with the lo.

elenasworld
05-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Such a fun Speed Scrap Andrea!
Thanks!
I do have to say I had the toughest time coming up with 2 words
I think a companion page is in order!

Here is my page -- rolling fun (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=56198)
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/thumbs/2009_May_speed-scrap.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=56198)

briarwoodpups
05-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Aw, Jayne, that is just lovely hon!

gonna have to leave the rest of the luv tomorrow. time for bed!

jessrdgs
05-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Well, I guess there is a first time for everything and this was an enjoyable experience for my first speed scrap. Thank you Andrea for putting it together. I learned some new techniques.
Here is my link:

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=56203

scrapmami
05-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Beautiful layouts, everyone! I'm having fun looking through the gallery!

emeraldsong
05-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Here is my LO.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/thumbs/Eatin_Oreos_medium.jpg

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=56205

I'm just going to put my journaling and date on the other side. (Journaling is one of the things I like about scrapbooking).

britnkaysmemaw2
05-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Here is mine: http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=56207
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/thumbs/Speed-Scrap-5-9-09.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=56207)

adriana
05-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Thank You Andrea this was a great experience will love to be participating again.

Good Night Girls, Enjoy Mom's Day !

nancyrwa
05-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Here is my layout:
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=56208

Lots of fun doing a layout with a time limit!
Thanks, Andrea.

Simply Sarah
05-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Ok... had to put my 3 yo in bed before he tortured us all.... now I am uploading and then almost done.:bigeyes:

Andrea
05-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks everyone for participating! The layouts are amazing! I'm going to be going through everything and getting all of the bonuses sent out over the next hour or so.

Have a great mother's day!

kcsimpson99
05-09-2009, 07:21 PM
HERE (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=56209) is Birthday Bike. Thanks for SS, Andrea!! Off to do credits, and will leave love tomorrow. JUSTIN is on SNL...my boyfriend, ya know!! :wink:

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/kcsimpson99_SSandrea_may909.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=56209)

britnkaysmemaw2
05-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Happy Mothers Day to you too Andrea, and thanks for a fun Speed Scrap.

Simply Sarah
05-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Ok... here is mine! Not sure what I did to my pics... just realized they are not 2" high... oops! But I loved the instructions on this. Thanks so much.

Gallery Link (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=56211)

Now I gotta go post my credits!

emeraldsong
05-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks for a fun SS.

Happy Mothers day to all and to all a goodnight!

kcsimpson99
05-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Andrea, just checkin', is the "Captivating" kit not in the store anymore?? :eek1 I love that kit. Oh well. Thanks so much for the SS and the chance to win the new beauty!!

:love-smiley-011: Happy Mother's Day, ladies!! :love-smiley-011:

Andrea
05-09-2009, 07:57 PM
It is. Most of my kits start with my name. Sometimes it's easiest to just search for one word in the title. LOL Here's a link:

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_dnld_info&products_id=2159

I won't be getting rid of that one for a while. It's one of my favorites too.

Andrea, just checkin', is the "Captivating" kit not in the store anymore?? :eek1 I love that kit. Oh well. Thanks so much for the SS and the chance to win the new beauty!!

:love-smiley-011: Happy Mother's Day, ladies!! :love-smiley-011:

ScrapperPooh
05-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Ok finally here's mine LO (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=56215), my laptop stopped working, so I've started all over again :confused1:

Happy Mothersday to all of you and Andrea THANK YOU for this funny Speed Scrap, I hope to join next time again.

Goodnight to all of you.

Bye bye from the Netherlands,
Audrey [ScrapperPooh] :hi:

Andrea
05-09-2009, 08:33 PM
I've sent out all of the bonuses! The winners of my new kit are:

adriana, DeniseD144, kcsimpson99, liketoshop247, Simply Sarah

I think I forgot to list kcsimpson99 in the PM. I can't copy and paste! LOL

You should have all received a free template too! Thanks so much! This was a lot of fun!

liketoshop247
05-10-2009, 03:39 AM
Thanks Andrea! I about jumped for joy for the beOOOOOtiful full kit! What a great Mothers day gift for me! Gonna get some great mileage out of this kit! ;)

briarwoodpups
05-10-2009, 04:53 AM
Thanks again, for the fun speed scrap, Andrea. I've never done 4 pics all the same size like that. I'm going to try that again sometime!

elenasworld
05-10-2009, 10:05 AM
*woot Congrats Ladies *woot

thanks Andrea for hosting the speed scrap.
it was lots of fun!

tbcarter2002
05-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Congrats ladies! That new kit is really nice. Thanks for hosting the speed scrap Andrea and for the new template. That was so much fun!

j_camargo6
05-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Wow the layouts all look so fabulous!

I was almost done, but then life happened in the form of a 16 year old DD and her friends wanting a ride to a youth dance....does NOBODY respect the Speed Scrap anymore???????

I'll be commenting on all your amazing layouts soon, and maybe I'll get mine finished up and posted, even though it's late.

GREAT SS Andrea!!!

kcsimpson99
05-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Thanks sooo much for your awesome new kit, Andrea! and for the template and the great SS!! Thanks also for providing the link to the Captivating kit for me.
Again, Happy Mother's Day to all. Off to leave love in the gallery!! :wink: