PDA

View Full Version : Speed Scrap Wednesday, April 22 @ 9pm w/Chanin

Chanin
04-20-2009, 05:04 AM
Join me on Wednesday night, April 22 at 9pm for another fun speed scrap! Normally, I have this on Friday nights, but unfortunately, I won't be home this Thursday or Friday, so I had to do Wednesday. I hope a lot of you can still make it!!

***UPDATE***

Everyone get ready for a new twist to the speed scrap tonight!! This is going to be more of a "community driven" speed scrap!! What? YOU are going to be calling the shots!!! That's right, you give your suggestions for the steps! Whoever's steps I pick will get an extra prize!! But, for me to consider your steps, you must PM me your ideas!! You can send me 1-3 ideas, but I will only be picking 1 idea from each person. If I don't have enough by 9:00 pm tonight, you will still be able to PM me during the speed scrap for the next steps!! I will let you know tonight if I still need more! Think about what you have done in speed scraps before. Do you like 1 photo or 5? Do you like 1 paper or more? Do you like journaling or not? Do you like glitter? Do you like flowers? Send me your thoughts!! I can't wait to see how this turns out!!!

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/therottenprincess/speedscrapapril.jpg

Everyone will receive a Participation Prize and one lucky winner will get a $5.00 coupon to my store!

Can't wait to see you there!!! Click HERE (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=629&day=2009-4-22&c=1) to get a reminder!!!

agarzaldynrd
04-20-2009, 05:08 AM
I'm going to try!!!

elenasworld
04-20-2009, 06:11 AM
I hope to be there!
You know I am all Speed Scraps :)

britnkaysmemaw2
04-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Got my reminder set. And it is a really good night for me, as the DH is bowling! Yeah.

tbcarter2002
04-20-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm going to try too! I actually made it through the speed scrap with Holly Friday night and had so much fun. You're not going to be too hard on us, are you Chanin? :hairpull:

Chanin
04-20-2009, 12:35 PM
I'm going to try too! I actually made it through the speed scrap with Holly Friday night and had so much fun. You're not going to be too hard on us, are you Chanin? :hairpull:

Hope you can make it! No, I won't be too hard on you guys! We will make it an easy night!! Nice and relaxing....how about that??

Now off to work on the prize!! :)

slik25chik
04-20-2009, 01:43 PM
I hope to be there.

MsP
04-20-2009, 01:49 PM
This week is crazy busy-so I will still be at work-darn-oh well-next time

canadianmommy
04-20-2009, 05:10 PM
hope i can make this one!! I haven't been to one in awhile!

tbcarter2002
04-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Ok, Chanin, easy sounds good! I'm holding you to it now. :biggrin:

TheMommason
04-20-2009, 07:06 PM
like you have to ask if I'll be there... LOL

geniaBeana
04-20-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm really going to try to be here Chanin. I'm hosting a Mom's Night Out. We're going out for coffee. I'm going to try to be home before it starts.

ckbymommy
04-20-2009, 08:26 PM
:frown: Bummer, we have a photo shoot wednesday night and it's very doughtful that I will be back by 9pm (7pm my time). I really enjoy these, so I will be looking forward to the next one.

TheMommason
04-21-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm here just got to get kid to bed BRB

briarwoodpups
04-22-2009, 06:00 AM
Hot diggity dog! I need a good speed scrap to get the digital blood flowing over here. Going to go clean the house and run errands since it's my day off, so I can enjoy the speed scrap guilt-free tonight - lol

scrapmami
04-22-2009, 06:04 AM
I'm going to be at work, so I'm going to do my best to follow along and sketch and hopefully I'll have time when I get home to make my layout quickly! I love speed scraps!

brens29
04-22-2009, 07:42 AM
I plan on being here, I have my reminder set....

elenasworld
04-22-2009, 08:00 AM
I am getting ready now
got the kitchen cleaned and have plenty of caffeine ready and waiting!

maybe i should pick out a few photos first too

britnkaysmemaw2
04-22-2009, 08:08 AM
I am getting ready now
got the kitchen cleaned and have plenty of caffeine ready and waiting!

maybe i should pick out a few photos first too

Wow Liz, now that is really planning ahead, lol.

elenasworld
04-22-2009, 08:09 AM
not really Cathy -- it is the caffeine I have been drinking to get through story time in about half an hour. so many "loud" little ones. I am keeping my mind off it:confused1:

Chanin
04-22-2009, 10:15 AM
So excited to see you all tonight! Just finished your participation prize!!! Yay!!

Chanin
04-22-2009, 11:34 AM
OK, girls! I had a fun new idea for tonight, so I just updated the original post! Check it out!!!

mosser77
04-22-2009, 11:38 AM
That's a cool twist! I'm going to try to make it tonite so I'll try to think up some good ones :)

agarzaldynrd
04-22-2009, 12:08 PM
I just sent you a couple of ideas. Actually about 5. Just thoughts. I addressed the pm to Chanin not snowflake beach. Hopefully you will get them.

Chanin
04-22-2009, 12:38 PM
I just sent you a couple of ideas. Actually about 5. Just thoughts. I addressed the pm to Chanin not snowflake beach. Hopefully you will get them.

I got them! You were right to send it to Chanin!! Thanks!! :)

Chanin
04-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Less than 2 hours girls! I've got some great suggestions already! I'm so excited for this!! Woo hoo!

elenasworld
04-22-2009, 04:03 PM
One hour to go and I have a sleeping child
I am so happy!:gogo:

MsP
04-22-2009, 04:11 PM
I really want to play-but I have to go back to school for incoming freshmen night-hopefully I can get out of there by 7-so maybe I can jump in after you chat and get a page done-I sure am going to give it a try!!!

j_camargo6
04-22-2009, 04:23 PM
What a FANTASTICALLY FUN idea, Chanin!!! Love it and I'm looking forward to being there...provided all the yahoos cooperate!

elenasworld
04-22-2009, 04:39 PM
I got my caffeine fix ready and some chocolate bunnies found their way to my scrapping spot!

lagerdel
04-22-2009, 04:43 PM
I'm here but finishing up another SS

emeraldsong
04-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Okay, I am here and I sent in my ideas. Let's hope DH (who is out working on a recording) is not going to be too upset with me for SS on a school night.

Laura

Victoria32
04-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Are we in the right thread?

TheMommason
04-22-2009, 04:53 PM
lagerdel - you are hardcore... (psst pm me the info) LOL Chanin just sent you an idea. Okay since the scrap is tonight and not yesterday like my reminder said... Off to put the very bad non homeworking doing driving me insane child to bed... BRB!

Chanin
04-22-2009, 04:54 PM
OK girls! Got enough suggestions! Just getting them all ready and we will be at it in about 10 minutes!!! Thanks everyone for all your wonderful suggestions! Lots of you said the same things, so all of you that suggested something up to this point will get the extra gift!! Thanks to: mosser77, Michellemarie, agarzaldynrd, bubblebaby, elenasworld, britnkaysmemaw2, emeraldson, TheMommason, booklover16, lagerdel, briarwoodpups, and Victoria32 for you awesome suggestions for tonight's speed scrap! You all will get a little extra! Watch your inbox the next couple of days!!!

Thanks!!!!

agarzaldynrd
04-22-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm here. Computer is running very slowly tonight. I think it knows it's Wednesday!!

lagerdel
04-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Wow, thanks!

OK girls! Got enough suggestions! Just getting them all ready and we will be at it in about 10 minutes!!! Thanks everyone for all your wonderful suggestions! Lots of you said the same things, so all of you that suggested something up to this point will get the extra gift!! Thanks to: mosser77, Michellemarie, agarzaldynrd, bubblebaby, elenasworld, britnkaysmemaw2, emeraldson, TheMommason, booklover16, lagerdel, briarwoodpups, and Victoria32 for you awesome suggestions for tonight's speed scrap! You all will get a little extra! Watch your inbox the next couple of days!!!

Thanks!!!!

elenasworld
04-22-2009, 04:59 PM
two minutes to SS and to Idol -- hooray!
I am here

emeraldsong
You all will get a little extra! Watch your inbox the next couple of days!!!

Thank you, I thought that your idea was a lot of fun and I think this should be a really fun SS to see what we all came up with.

TheMommason

Thanks!!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Extras!!! I like Extras!!!! And i didn't even tell you I hate flowers :biggrin:

tbcarter2002
04-22-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm here and ready to rock and roll! <G>

agarzaldynrd
Thanks for the extra Chanin. This should be fun.

britnkaysmemaw2
two minutes to SS and to Idol -- hooray!
I am here

Dang, thanks for the reminder, forgot to change the channel to Idol, lol.

britnkaysmemaw2
04-22-2009, 05:02 PM

Thanks!!!!

Thanks Chanin. This should be fun tonight!

scrapmami
04-22-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm here! I'm at work, but will be doing this the old-fashioned way--sketching it out by hand and hoping I have time when I get home. Since I don't get home until about 10:30, this is going to be a major speed scrap for me! :)

Chanin
04-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Welcome Everyone! I'm so excited for this speed scrap tonight! In case you just got here and don't know what's going on, this speed scrap was created by the community here at GDS! I took suggestions from 12 different girls tonight to come up with our Speed Scrap, so this should be fun!! However, I did promise I would take it easy on you guys tonight and I will keep my promise! (I think!) lol

Well, I think you all know how it goes, but just in case we have a newbie, here are the rules!

I will give you 1 suggestion for your layout every 10 minutes for an hour. Do your best to follow the instructions, but there is always wiggle room. Just do your best, compromise if necessary! At the end of the hour I will give you your final instruction and then you will have 1 hour after that to finish your LO and post it to the speed scrap gallery and come back here and let me know you are finished by linking up to your LO in the gallery! Any questions, just let me know!

All of you will get a participation prize from me for finishing up in time and 1 of you will be randomly selected to win a $5.00 coupon to my store! So make sure you post a lot!!! :)

OK here we go!!!

1. Pick one photo and do some type of photo technique on it like b&w, tinted, aged or selective coloring.

Victoria32
04-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Adding my thanks too.

elenasworld
04-22-2009, 05:05 PM
I think I can do that!
gotta open up PS too-- where have I been?

j_camargo6
04-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah! here we go!

Welcome Everyone! I'm so excited for this speed scrap tonight! In case you just got here and don't know what's going on, this speed scrap was created by the community here at GDS! I took suggestions from 12 different girls tonight to come up with our Speed Scrap, so this should be fun!! However, I did promise I would take it easy on you guys tonight and I will keep my promise! (I think!) lol

Well, I think you all know how it goes, but just in case we have a newbie, here are the rules!

I will give you 1 suggestion for your layout every 10 minutes for an hour. Do your best to follow the instructions, but there is always wiggle room. Just do your best, compromise if necessary! At the end of the hour I will give you your final instruction and then you will have 1 hour after that to finish your LO and post it to the speed scrap gallery and come back here and let me know you are finished by linking up to your LO in the gallery! Any questions, just let me know!

All of you will get a participation prize from me for finishing up in time and 1 of you will be randomly selected to win a $5.00 coupon to my store! So make sure you post a lot!!! :)

OK here we go!!!

1. Pick one photo and do some type of photo technique on it like b&w, tinted, aged or selective coloring.

Chanin
04-22-2009, 05:06 PM
This is a SS for me too because usually I already have a LO finished and go by that, this time I'm working right along with you guys!!

TheMommason
04-22-2009, 05:08 PM
IDOL???? You guys are gonna make them cancel my Criminal Minds with that stuff like you killed my "Pushing Dasies" ...:confused1: Darn Idol is the bane of my shows that get stuck next to it.

Ohh like Rule 1 I think I might try selective color for the first time so no laughing at pointing... Humm maybe I shouldn't have said that now I can't back out if it looks stupid.

scrapmami
04-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Oooh, it's been a while since I've used a sepia or b/w photo. Now, I'm trying to think of what photos I have at home on my computer...

elenasworld
04-22-2009, 05:10 PM
my dh watches Idol and messes up my TV viewing too
I love Criminal Minds - have to wait till Idol is over to watch it. And it ruins my Tuesday nights too. I am right there with you.

IDOL???? You guys are gonna make them cancel my Criminal Minds with that stuff like you killed my "Pushing Dasies" ...:confused1: Darn Idol is the bane of my shows that get stuck next to it.

Ohh like Rule 1 I think I might try selective color for the first time so no laughing at pointing... Humm maybe I shouldn't have said that now I can't back out if it looks stupid.

emeraldsong
04-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Okay, I have my photo and my effect! I really like it so far. .

Chanin
04-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Ready?

2. Pick 2-4 papers and use them any way you want on your LO! Patterned or plain! You choose!

Michellemarie
Woohoo! I'm here. Just trying to find a photo. And... talking to my mom long distance. LOL

tweederbug
I will try to hang with you for as long as I can. If I don't get it finished in time,I will still post it. I have a sick kiddo and she is wanting mommy.

Victoria32
got my photo done

emeraldsong
04-22-2009, 05:14 PM
I have a sick kiddo and she is wanting mommy.

Oh, too bad. I hope she feels better soon.

mosser77
04-22-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm here, but my yahoo is kind of high maintenance at the moment, so I may not be very productive until I get him in bed!

j_camargo6
04-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Think i've got my photo done....now on to papers!

Chanin
04-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Glad more of you could make it!!! Welcome! Jump right in, hope you can stick around!

agarzaldynrd
04-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Ok, can't even remember how to get to the sepia mode or any of the other modes I learned months ago. I'm looking.

agarzaldynrd
04-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Found the lesson. YAY!!

elenasworld
04-22-2009, 05:19 PM
okay, papers --
you are being easy on us so far Chanin

TheMommason
04-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Off to get paper yeahhhhh great ideas gang!

bubblebaby
So far, so good... keep 'em coming Chanin!

Chanin
On we go!

2. Pick 2-4 papers and use them any way you want on your LO! Patterned or plain! You choose!
3. Find a frame for your picture or put a "stroke" around it (in any color you want) and hang your picture on your page somehow (ribbons, strings, rope, clasps, etc.).

Chanin
04-22-2009, 05:21 PM
okay, papers --
you are being easy on us so far Chanin

I'm trying....I did promise.... :)

tweederbug
04-22-2009, 05:22 PM
These are pretty easy steps so far. Thanks for making it easy on us tonight.

elenasworld
04-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Ok, can't even remember how to get to the sepia mode or any of the other modes I learned months ago. I'm looking.

an easy "cheat" is to duplicate your layer, then select a brown color with your color picker.

go to Image > adjustment > hue/saturation > then colorize.
whatever color is set as your foreground will be used.

when I do this, I then play around with the opacity of the colorized layer on top of my original

lagerdel
04-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Easy is good, I'm not feeling very creative tonight.

scrapmami
04-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Okay, I think I'm getting a decent idea...

geniaBeana
I'm LATE! But I'm here. got to figure out what I've missed.

mosser77
an easy "cheat" is to duplicate your layer, then select a brown color with your color picker.

when I do this, I then play around with the opacity of the colorized layer on top of my original

A really easy way is to download Picasa (free) and click the button. Is that cheating?? :wub1:

tweederbug
04-22-2009, 05:26 PM
I am caught up .. thanks to the kit I am using it already had a frame with a hanger LOL

j_camargo6
04-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Ohhhh....GREAT tips, Liz!

tweederbug
04-22-2009, 05:28 PM
Lucky me that I have a plugin that sets my photos to sepia.

elenasworld
04-22-2009, 05:28 PM
A really easy way is to download Picasa (free) and click the button. Is that cheating?? :wub1:

yeah, I guess that is quicker Erin!:laugh:

Victoria32
04-22-2009, 05:29 PM
ready and waiting for step 4

briarwoodpups
I'm here! And keeping up so far, but tony just brought me a sick bird. We might be losing the first of our baby chicks. She's so sweet, and so pretty, but we think her neck is somehow hurt. Giving her reiki and she's giving me a soft chirp, but I don't know what to think of her prognosis at this point.

Chanin
I can't find papers I want to use!!! ugh!!!

agarzaldynrd
04-22-2009, 05:30 PM

Thanks!

j_camargo6
04-22-2009, 05:31 PM
I'm here! And keeping up so far, but tony just brought me a sick bird. We might be losing the first of our baby chicks. She's so sweet, and so pretty, but we think her neck is somehow hurt. Giving her reiki and she's giving me a soft chirp, but I don't know what to think of her prognosis at this point.

Oh, Jayne! Poor little thing! I hope she gets better!

emeraldsong
One thing I love about SS is I always seem to learn something new.

Chanin
Here's the next!

3. Find a frame for your picture or put a "stroke" around it (in any color you want) and hang your picture on your page somehow (ribbons, strings, rope, clasps, etc.).
4. Use a bracket or bracket mat on your LO somewhere and somehow - how and where is up to you, just use one!! lol

scrapmami

poor chicky! I hope it gets better!:no:

TheMommason
04-22-2009, 05:33 PM
This is nice I actually have time to type a message or two... :wink:

elenasworld
04-22-2009, 05:33 PM
poor birdie! he is in good hands with you Jayne!

TheMommason
04-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Here's the next!
4. Use a bracket or bracket mat on your LO somewhere and somehow - how and where is up to you, just use one!! lol
Oh no you didn't Brackets are sooo 5 mins ago... LOL sorry channeling my 9 year old :twitcy:

britnkaysmemaw2
04-22-2009, 05:34 PM

Ah Jayne, that's sad. Hope it gets better.

TheMommason
04-22-2009, 05:36 PM
:laugh:
I can't find papers I want to use!!! ugh!!! Your'e our mentor and example you aren't supposed to be lost in a fog :laugh: That's our job... :laugh:

scrapmami
I'm typing messages instead of working! Hee, hee!

TheMommason
I'm here! And keeping up so far, but tony just brought me a sick bird. We might be losing the first of our baby chicks. She's so sweet, and so pretty, but we think her neck is somehow hurt. Giving her reiki and she's giving me a soft chirp, but I don't know what to think of her prognosis at this point. Poor birdy!

Chanin
Oh no you didn't Brackets are sooo 5 mins ago... LOL sorry channeling my 9 year old :twitcy:

LOL! I know you will find a way to use it creatively!! I can always count on that!! :laugh:

britnkaysmemaw2
04-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Guess I haven't upgraded my techniques yet, I LIKE brackets, lol.

scrapmami
04-22-2009, 05:38 PM
And every time I type, I realize that I've missed out on about 10 messages!

chacha730
04-22-2009, 05:39 PM
sorry girls first time here and wondering what size to make this in????

scrapmami
Guess I haven't upgraded my techniques yet, I LIKE brackets, lol.

I like brackets, too! We can be outdated together! :laugh:

briarwoodpups
You know... I don't think I've ever used a bracket!!! I had to go find one, but I found it!!

tbcarter2002
So far you have kept your promise well, Chanin. (to go easy on us, that is)

Victoria32
04-22-2009, 05:40 PM
nay size you normally scrap in. I'm doing 12 by 12

britnkaysmemaw2
04-22-2009, 05:40 PM
You know... I don't think I've ever used a bracket!!! I had to go find one, but I found it!!

You go girl!

Chanin
04-22-2009, 05:41 PM

You can do whatever size you want, but I think most do 12x12! And welcome!! Glad to have you here!

Victoria32
I'm not finding room for the bracket with the frame and hangers

j_camargo6

You can make it in whatever size you usually scrap in! Great to have you here!

Chanin
04-22-2009, 05:43 PM
OK, here is the most POPULAR suggestion I got tonight!!!

5. Use glitter somehow, somewhere on your LO!!

elenasworld
glitter! hooray!

scrapmami
I hope that this looks good once I actually start setting this up in PS, cause right now, my sketch is looking a little iffy!

emeraldsong
04-22-2009, 05:44 PM
So far so good. I think . . .

I always find out what I was supposed to be doing once everyone else gets done. (like putting pictures on the right side of the page).

chacha730
thank you ladies! this is fun!

tweederbug
OK .. ready for the next step. So far so good ... I think.

scrapmami
Oooh, love glitter!

TheMommason
04-22-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm not finding room for the bracket with the frame and hangers OH man I just thought that the bracket as a hanger would be cool! Too bad I already did something eles.. LOL

Sorry for dissing the brackets i only say it cause I can never figure out how to make them look as cool as you guys do. I admit it I have Cluster and bracket envy!!!!!!!! :frown: *going to the shame courner*

TheMommason
04-22-2009, 05:47 PM
OK, here is the most POPULAR suggestion I got tonight!!!

OH man if you hadn't said it was a pre-scrap suggestion I would have thought you were looking at my paper.. hee hee well I guess I can take a break for 10 mins since I already am glitterized hee hee!

geniaBeana
04-22-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm all caught up! YAY!

britnkaysmemaw2
04-22-2009, 05:49 PM
OH man I just thought that the bracket as a hanger would be cool! Too bad I already did something eles.. LOL

Sorry for dissing the brackets i only say it cause I can never figure out how to make them look as cool as you guys do. I admit it I have Cluster and bracket envy!!!!!!!! :frown: *going to the shame courner*

I forgive you, only if you put the dunce cap on while in the corner :laugh:

elenasworld
okay, what did I miss?

j_camargo6
Darn....I tossed what I was doing out and have started over....ugh!

agarzaldynrd
04-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Love glitter and glitz!!

Chanin
04-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Almost done!!! So far so good!! This time I'm combining 2 suggestions into one!

6. Journal 1-2 sentences. Choose 1 important word and highlight it by using an alpha for ONLY that word.

elenasworld
04-22-2009, 05:53 PM
now you get tricky Chanin :)

tbcarter2002
My brackets I chose are glitter. Does that mean I get to skip this step?

TheMommason
I forgive you, only if you put the dunce cap on while in the corner :laugh:
Can I call it the "Cone of Shame"? :laugh:

britnkaysmemaw2
04-22-2009, 05:55 PM
You can call it whatever you want, lol.

sparkles
04-22-2009, 05:55 PM
I am going to see if I can get this done, since I am just getting here. It sucks when life gets in the way of scrapping

britnkaysmemaw2
04-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Almost done!!! So far so good!! This time I'm combining 2 suggestions into one!

6. Journal 1-2 sentences. Choose 1 important word and highlight it by using an alpha for ONLY that word.

I knew you would throw that "J" word in there, lol.

emeraldsong
04-22-2009, 05:58 PM

Ooh, I like this one. It's making me think. . .

Chanin
04-22-2009, 05:58 PM
My brackets I chose are glitter. Does that mean I get to skip this step?

Yep, 2 in one!! My bracket is glitter too!!

emeraldsong
04-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Can I call it the "Cone of Shame"?

ROFL -- too funny

tweederbug
The glitter part is incrediably hard for me. I hardly ever use glitter.

kcsimpson99
Hi ladies. I was sooo looking forward to a SS tonite, but have been battling a migraine all day long.....*sigh*

I may follow the directions later and do a layout, cant' do it now with the poor head and migraine medicine :no:

Hope you all are having fun. :wink:

Just wanted to lift up my head for a second to say 'hi' :hi:

elenasworld
now my battery in the mouse is dead.
i am still trying to hang my photo

elenasworld
04-22-2009, 06:01 PM

glitter splotch, under the frame/photo with some peeking out

elenasworld
04-22-2009, 06:02 PM
sorry!
hope you are feeling better!

Hi ladies. I was sooo looking forward to a SS tonite, but have been battling a migraine all day long.....*sigh*

I may follow the directions later and do a layout, cant' do it now with the poor head and migraine medicine :no:

MsP
04-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Ok this will really be a speed scrap=just got home and now to begin!!!

Michellemarie
04-22-2009, 06:03 PM
This is nice I actually have time to type a message or two... :wink:

Wish I did!!! Too many distractions here all the time. I need to get a laptop and go to the park for my "alone" mommy time. LOL Hope everyone is having a great time cause I enjoy reading everyone's post. Just can't comment too much. :sad44:

lagerdel
Oooh, I get those too. I hope you feel better soon!

britnkaysmemaw2
now my battery in the mouse is dead.
i am still trying to hang my photo

You are not having a good night at all are you?

scrapmami
04-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Ok this will really be a speed scrap=just got home and now to begin!!!

You and me both--except I'm still at work! Should be leaving in the next 10 minutes...

britnkaysmemaw2
04-22-2009, 06:05 PM
OK Chanin. Are there any more steps? I need an hour to do the "J" step, LOL>

tweederbug
I used glitter for my alpha .. killed two steps.

scrapmami

That stinks! I hope you feel better soon!:cry:

Chanin
04-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Last, but not least!!

7. In honor of earth day, use something in your LO that is from nature (leaf, flower, vine, tree, etc.) and then finish up by adding anything else that completes your page!

When you are finished, post your LO in the Speed Scrap Gallery (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=927)and then link it back here in the forum so we can leave you some love! You have 1 hour from now to finish up!!! Hope you had fun!

j_camargo6

Hope you feel better, Amy! That's miserable! Take care of yourself, and hope to see you up and about soon!

elenasworld
I used glitter for my alpha .. killed two steps.

tricky!:laugh:

Chanin
04-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Sorry, I was running behind, my DH deciding he wanted to have a conversation while I was trying to post!!! lol

elenasworld
04-22-2009, 06:07 PM
I like the last step Chanin!
I better get busy! I am so behind
Thanks for the fun SS!

lagerdel
04-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Bugs are from nature, right?

7. In honor of earth day, use something in your LO that is from nature (leaf, flower, vine, tree, etc.) and then finish up by adding anything else that completes your page!

emeraldsong
04-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Okay, any ideas on how to actually get the letters in the alpha to line up in your word. That always bugs me and I am not good with straight lines. . .

Chanin
04-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Bugs are from nature, right?

Sure! That would count!! :)

j_camargo6
04-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Last, but not least!!

When you are finished, post your LO in the Speed Scrap Gallery (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=927)and then link it back here in the forum so we can leave you some love! You have 1 hour from now to finish up!!! Hope you had fun!

You didn't lie, Chanin...this should be easy!! I'm just having a really hard time, LOL!

agarzaldynrd
04-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Amy, hope you feel better.
Chanin-great Earth Day step. My 5th graders have attended an earth day camp all week. Different camp every day. They went caving yesterday! And today 3 grades went on some type of earth day field trip. This step is great.

briarwoodpups
shoot - i just finished my title and totally mis-read #6 - lol. but that's ok - shouldn't take me long to alter things.

love #7!!

britnkaysmemaw2
Sorry, I was running behind, my DH deciding he wanted to have a conversation while I was trying to post!!! lol

Tell him not to bug you, we girls need you more right now, :lmao:

TheMommason
Sure! That would count!! :) Good cause I'm counting the cat for number 7 LOL

MsP
04-22-2009, 06:12 PM
ok got all the steps and I'm off!!

Chanin
04-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Okay, any ideas on how to actually get the letters in the alpha to line up in your word. That always bugs me and I am not good with straight lines. . .

I always turn on my grid and line it up that way!!

Chanin
04-22-2009, 06:16 PM
You didn't lie, Chanin...this should be easy!! I'm just having a really hard time, LOL!

LOL! Sorry Jenn, but I know what you mean, I was having a hard time myself! I had to make things for my own LO!!

lagerdel
04-22-2009, 06:17 PM
I can never do that, either.

bubblebaby
04-22-2009, 06:17 PM

I enable the grid and then "snap to" grid. The letters will practically line themselves up!! I use Photoshop. Not sure which program you are using. You can also enable smart guides and "snap to" smart guides.

emeraldsong
04-22-2009, 06:18 PM
I always turn on my grid and line it up that way!!

How do you do that -- I use PSE6?

Chanin
04-22-2009, 06:22 PM

At the top, click on view and then grid.

TheMommason
Here is my 4 legged son hee hee! (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54913) Thanks for the great scrap love the rules you guys rock!
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/dudessrockstar.jpg

Thanks Chanin!!!

lagerdel
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/422ss01b.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54915)

mosser77
04-22-2009, 06:24 PM

If you have each letter on a separate layer, hold down ctrl and highlight each one in the layers pallette, then choose Align>bottom edges

j_camargo6
WOW, they look awesome so far!

mosser77
or vertical centers if you have p's and b's and q's and t's :)

Victoria32
04-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Done and posted. Here is the link:
Spa Day (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54916)

Thanks for hosting the fun Speed Scrap Chanin.

chacha730
04-22-2009, 06:25 PM
might sound a lil dumb but how do i upload to ss forum and here?

mosser77
04-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Had to take a break to feed the Man (just got home from work...ugh!) and put the Toddler to bed. Me time now....I'm off to finish up.

Chanin
04-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Here's mine!
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54917
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/sept0801mb.jpg

agarzaldynrd
04-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Here is mine. Thanks Chanin.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/Color5.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54920)

Chanin
04-22-2009, 06:29 PM
might sound a lil dumb but how do i upload to ss forum and here?

Go HERE (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=927) to upload to the Speed Scrap forum.

Then click on your pic once it is uploaded and copy the link and post it back here. You can put your pic here if you want, but you don't have to actually post it in the forum, as long as it is in the gallery and the link is here, that is fine!

Chanin
04-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Wow, girls!!! These are looking great!!!

chacha730
04-22-2009, 06:32 PM
ok go easy on me girls...first time here!
hope i did this right...

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54925

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/medium/SS-42209_copy.jpg

emeraldsong
04-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldsong View Post
At the top, click on view and then grid.

See, I always learn something new.

and I just learned I have a ruler function too!

Chanin
04-22-2009, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=chacha730;139839]ok go easy on me girls...first time here!
hope i did this right...

Hope you don't mind, I added your LO for you! Too cute!! Great job!

TheMommason
ok go easy on me girls...first time here!
hope i did this right...

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/medium/SS-42209_copy.jpg You did awesome and I'd like to talk to you about setting up an arranged marriage for your lil bit and my beasty.. Hee hee

Michellemarie

I used to not use it, but I've learned to love the bling! without the mess of real glitter!

TheMommason
04-22-2009, 06:37 PM
I used to not use it, but I've learned to love the bling! without the mess of real glitter! Hee hee I so love the glitter now that it is mess free!

Chanin
04-22-2009, 06:40 PM
OK, girls! Here is your Participation Prize for tonight! I will be sending it out in the morning along with a coupon for $5.00 for one of you!! Hope you like it! I'm going to be making a kit to match it!!

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/therottenprincess/sb_wearefamily_tiles_LRG.jpg

lagerdel
04-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Oh that is so cool! Thank you! I can't wait to see the full kit!

j_camargo6
04-22-2009, 06:42 PM
AAAaaaack! Time is running out!!!

Awesome prize, Chanin! Those tiles are fantastic!

sparkles
04-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Here is my LO

Prom 09 (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54927&ppuser=8401)

TheMommason
04-22-2009, 06:43 PM
OK, girls! Here is your Participation Prize for tonight! I will be sending it out in the morning along with a coupon for $5.00 for one of you!! Hope you like it! I'm going to be making a kit to match it!!

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/therottenprincess/sb_wearefamily_tiles_LRG.jpg Ohhhh loves it! Great colors!

AKKKK Chanin!!!! You didn't make a KIDLET tile!!! ROTFLOL

briarwoodpups
04-22-2009, 06:46 PM
If you have each letter on a separate layer, hold down ctrl and highlight each one in the layers pallette, then choose Align>bottom edges

Well, if I had read all that BEFORE spending 20 min copying, reducing, and aligning, i'd have posted a long time ago - LOL

Thanks for the tip!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/thumbs/chick041809_copy.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54928)

chacha730
04-22-2009, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=chacha730;139839]ok go easy on me girls...first time here!
hope i did this right...

Hope you don't mind, I added your LO for you! Too cute!! Great job!

Oh no, thank you! just getting used to moving around in here...and thank you, she makes it easy to scrap...

emeraldsong
04-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Here's my LO. Thanks for the fun SS. I will look through the gallery tomorrow and leave some love b/c I need to teach my kiddos tomorrow.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/thumbs/Sleepy_girl_Oct_2008_medium.jpg

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54929

Laura

(bummer -- I forgot the drop shadows -- I'll add them tomorrow when I am more awake!)

chacha730
04-22-2009, 06:51 PM
You did awesome and I'd like to talk to you about setting up an arranged marriage for your lil bit and my beasty.. Hee hee

:laugh: thank you, and you would have to talk to her dad that stands by the door all day with a shotgun :wink:...hence us having 3 girls...1 teenager, 1 tween and 1 terrible two!

briarwoodpups
04-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Ok - off to fix a compute dvd drive and see if I can get some water into the chickie.

Will leave love tomorrow!

geniaBeana
04-22-2009, 06:54 PM
I think I got everything. Great SS Chanin! Thanks :)

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/vsteinkoenig/scrapbooking/Precious.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=16777)

Chanin
04-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Good night everyone! Thanks for your help tonight! It was a lot of fun! I hope you all enjoyed this!! I know I did!

Thanks to everyone for coming! Off to leave love and then to bed!!

lagerdel
04-22-2009, 06:57 PM
Good night Chanin! Thanks for the awesome SS!

j_camargo6
04-22-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm off to upload! Don't know if all my t's are crossed and i's dotted...but it's going in!

TheMommason
04-22-2009, 07:00 PM
:laugh: thank you, and you would have to talk to her dad that stands by the door all day with a shotgun :wink:...hence us having 3 girls...1 teenager, 1 tween and 1 terrible two! Oh booy that is one daddy that is not gonna be gettign a lot of sleep for many years cause you got some beauties there! :-) Mine has gone from the every girl is "his girlfriend" to the pre-tween "Girls have cooties" phase :-)

britnkaysmemaw2
04-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Here is my lo: http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54934
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/thumbs/Speed-Scrap-4-22-09-w-chani.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54934)

Thanks Chanin for a fun scrap.

elenasworld
04-22-2009, 07:04 PM
What a fun Speed Scrap Chanin
here is my page -- April Showers (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54935) (I am still updating my credits)

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/thumbs/2009_april-showers.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54935)

MsP
04-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Amazingly enough I got this page done!! I colorized the pic so it looks like a painting-that was the hardest part to do-just because I didnt like what I was doing! Fun instructions-sorry I missed most of the chat
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54936

tbcarter2002
04-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Here is my layout:

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54937&ppuser=12789

mosser77
04-22-2009, 07:08 PM
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/so-big_forweb.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54944)

This font doesn't have punctuation, so I have to fix a couple of spots, but I was running short on time.

Thanks, Chanin!!

scrapmami
04-22-2009, 07:09 PM
I finished! In record time, too! I sat down at the computer at 10:35! (That's very fast for me!)

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/629/Papi_s-arms.jpg

In Papi's Arms (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54940)

j_camargo6
04-22-2009, 07:09 PM
I finally finished! They all look so BEAUTIFUL!

Here's mine: Running Free

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/042209SpeedscrapFREE.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54939)

brens29
04-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Hi, here is mine, sorry a little late http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54942&ppuser=18878

tbcarter2002
04-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the fun SS Chanin! I had a great time although I did have some problems with PS toward the end and had to redo a lot of things. Lesson learned: save and save often!!! The PB looks great and I can't wait to see the kit later!

scrapmami
04-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Thank you so much, Chanin! This was so much fun!

Michellemarie
04-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Fun Speed scrap, Chanin!:giggle:http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/Baby_in_the_Tub.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54945)

mosser77
04-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Disclaimer: I'm getting lots of comments on sending my baby off with a gigantic backpack, hehe. He just started preschool this month, but toddler sized backpacks are a little hard to find mid-April! I got that one at a garage sale last week. It's not as bad as it looks - just has diapers and a change of clothes, so he's not really as much of a pack mule as it seems :)

MsP
04-22-2009, 07:45 PM
OH that is too funny!! I didnt think he was going to topple over-it is just so funny I see HS students with itty bitty backpacks-cant quite figure out the purpose-they need your guys and he needs theirs!!

bubblebaby
04-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Finally done!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54947

elenasworld
04-22-2009, 08:13 PM
What a super fun SS Chanin!
Oh, and the layouts are gorgeous -- I love seeing all the diffrerent pages with the same instructions!

booklover16
04-22-2009, 08:20 PM
What a night! I was here for 5 minutes then gone. We all had food poisoning over the weekend and I guess it came back, at least for my mom it did! At 84 she doesn't get rid of even colds well anymore but this has been a horrible few days for her.

I won't be sleeping much tonight so even though I'm hours behind I thought I finish my layout anyway. Not perfect but here it is.

Lori

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54949

Chanin
04-23-2009, 05:56 AM
Good morning everyone! Thanks so much for speed scrapping with me last night! How did you like the twist? I thought it was pretty fun!!

Anyway, the lucky winner of the $5.00 to my store was post #105, picked by random.org, which is Victoria32!!! Congrats!!

Chanin
04-23-2009, 06:01 AM
Thanks again to everyone who gave suggestions! I hope to have your extra prize to you by Monday! I have a lot going on between now and then, so forgive me if it is late, but you will get it!! I just have to finish it first!!! lol

elenasworld
04-23-2009, 06:29 AM
*woot Yay! Congrats! What a treat! *woot

Good morning everyone! Thanks so much for speed scrapping with me last night! How did you like the twist? I thought it was pretty fun!!

Anyway, the lucky winner of the $5.00 to my store was post #105, picked by random.org, which is Victoria32!!! Congrats!!

briarwoodpups
04-23-2009, 07:35 AM
What a super fun SS Chanin!
Oh, and the layouts are gorgeous -- I love seeing all the diffrerent pages with the same instructions!

I do, too! One of my favorite parts is seeing how others interpreted the same thing.

Last night wasn't the best in my household, but the speed scrap was an awesome and welcome reprieve :) Thanks, Chanin!

Oh - and the chickie is doing much better this morning. I was worried she wasn't going to make it, but now she's starting to peck at some food and is more upright. Thanks for everyone's well wishes and prayers sent her way last night!! I might have to scrap her next. She is a beautiful deep red color. And very lady-like. Last night she laid with me and softly trilled and chirped while I was scrapping.

jayne