PDA

View Full Version : What made you SMILE today?

ckbymommy
04-17-2009, 01:08 PM
So this isn't *technically* a game, but a nice way to share your joy and bring a smile to someone else's day.

Just post a description (or a photo if you have one) of something that made you smile today.

RN_Meow
04-17-2009, 01:11 PM
All 3 of my daughters took a nap at the same time. I am still smiling!

ckbymommy
04-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Today my kiddo's got a snow day (gotta love Colorado - the biggest snow storm of the year and it's the middle of April :twitcy:). My 17 year old took the time to walk (driving is completely out of the question with how bad the roads are) her 7 year old brother up to the school and take him sledding.

It just makes me smile that she loves her brother, even when he's being an annoying little 7 year old boy and driving her crazy.

ckbymommy
04-17-2009, 01:13 PM
All 3 of my daughters took a nap at the same time. I am still smiling!

Nice! (I do miss napping kiddo's :wink:)

agarzaldynrd
04-17-2009, 02:30 PM
My teachers are phenomenal. We had a very long day yesterday. Last night was Healthfest Night and my coach had been busy planning for this annual event. All teachers pitch in to help, they are off the clock and this is totally their time to volunteer, then they stay until all parents and students leave. Really a long day. They all show up today, a little tired looking, but with big smiles and ready to work with our children. They are so dedicated and I love that I get to work with them.

RN_Meow
04-17-2009, 02:49 PM
I am gonna move to Austin just so my girls can go to school with you! HEHE

ckbymommy
04-17-2009, 04:35 PM
My teachers are phenomenal. We had a very long day yesterday. Last night was Healthfest Night and my coach had been busy planning for this annual event. All teachers pitch in to help, they are off the clock and this is totally their time to volunteer, then they stay until all parents and students leave. Really a long day. They all show up today, a little tired looking, but with big smiles and ready to work with our children. They are so dedicated and I love that I get to work with them.

It's wonderful to hear of such dedication!

britnkaysmemaw2
04-17-2009, 04:42 PM
My DH & I went for a drive to enjoy the beautiful spring day here in St. Louis. We found a park and enjoyed seeing the ducks swimming and the children having a ball on the playground. How could you not smile on such a gorgeous day.

britnkaysmemaw2
04-17-2009, 04:44 PM

Definitely have to say a huge thank you to you and your staff. Your the kind of teachers we need all over the country.:curtsey:

scrapmami
04-17-2009, 07:17 PM
My son made me smile. He's 15 months old and has amazing levels of concentration. He played happily with his Little People farm set for AN HOUR!!! It was so cute watching him play and making his version of animal sounds (all animals Moo!)

elenasworld
04-17-2009, 07:39 PM
I was beside myself to have an uninterrupted Speed Scrap -- dd asleep, dh doing his gaming, and not even a bark from the furbabies. just amazing -- and it may be small, but i really did smile!

tbcarter2002
04-17-2009, 08:25 PM
It made me smile when, for the first time, I actually made it through the Speed Scrap and got my layout done on time! The first time I tried it, I crashed and burned. Had to miss the next one. It was so fun! I suspect it won't be my last speed scrap. *woot

ABitDaffy
04-18-2009, 06:05 AM
This made me smile yesterday...my not so little baby picking strawberries
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/journal7/StrawberryPicking-Small.jpg

agarzaldynrd
04-18-2009, 06:50 AM
I am gonna move to Austin just so my girls can go to school with you! HEHE

We'll take them!!! Bring all your children. Then we'll start a parenting class on digi-scrapping!! hehe

ckbymommy
04-18-2009, 07:39 AM
This made me smile yesterday...my not so little baby picking strawberries

So sweet! Made me smile, too

scrapmami
04-22-2009, 06:13 AM
that's a gorgeous photo!

My daughter singing along with the My Friends Tigger and Pooh song--too cute!

hollandnancy
04-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Redwood trees in bloom

scrapmami
04-22-2009, 07:23 PM
I have another--I was cooking dinner when both my daughters emerged from their bedroom. The eldest had dressed the younger one in an old Cinderella costume, complete with crown and shoes. So darn cute!

ckbymommy
04-23-2009, 11:27 AM
I have another--I was cooking dinner when both my daughters emerged from their bedroom. The eldest had dressed the younger one in an old Cinderella costume, complete with crown and shoes. So darn cute!

Awww! Hope you got a picture :wink:

hollandnancy
04-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Today at the Blackwater Wildlife Refuge I saw several pairs of Ospreys nesting.

Mom_of_5
04-23-2009, 06:47 PM
Tonight, seeing Sam's excitement at trying on his complete tball uniform -- hat, baseball pants and cap. He was so happy to have an old pair of the older boys baseball pants!

hollandnancy
04-24-2009, 06:07 PM
yellow tulips with red stripes

Andrea
04-24-2009, 09:00 PM
I had a huge migraine headache today and my neighbor brought us popcorn!

Gem
04-25-2009, 06:21 AM
Today I smiled first when I awakened and remembered that is WAS Saturday and not Friday--Yipee! Second smile came when outside the window I saw glorious sunshine....

hollandnancy
04-25-2009, 12:07 PM
a visit to the Franciscan Monastery in D.C. and their lovely gardens

ckbymommy
04-25-2009, 08:41 PM
I spent about an hour talking to my daughter this evening. She told me that my grandson was getting on her nerves while she cooked his breakfast this morning so she asked him if he "wanted a spanking with these eggs" and he looked at her with his big brown eyes and said, "no, I want bacon with my eggs"

OK, so that was more of an ROFLOL than a smile ....

hollandnancy
04-26-2009, 02:34 PM
spending time with a friend who is recovering from a broken back

PinkPug,INK.
05-01-2009, 01:22 PM
I just got a pug puppy a week ago & we're trying to train him & he learned how to give his paw today! :)

Litchitini
05-04-2009, 06:23 AM
Today I saw that I got many replies to my love it or hate it game and that made me smile

donakat
05-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Watching the movies of my granddaughter at Utube. Since we live far from her, I treasure the photos my son sends and the movies he posts of just normal, daily activities as well as the special ones. I get to go see her in less than two weeks, so it's a really BIG smile now!!

digiscrapdee
05-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Listening to my 18 month old son babbling in the back seat on the way home from day care. He was just talking away. Too bad I couldn't understand it all. Something about it being windy. (the windows were open.)

2SparkleOn
05-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Looking through the goofy photos I am sending to all my many mother figures in their cards really made me smile. Boy do I have a crazy family. :wink:

agarzaldynrd
05-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Getting home after a very long day and having Neal and Xrissy just waiting for me. Such a good feeling!!

kcsimpson99
05-04-2009, 05:46 PM
DH is feeling much better after his "viral encephalitis" of last week. He went back to work today :D
Thanks to all of you who sent prayers when I asked. The family is slowly "on the mend" and I was resting with laptop in bed today and I MADE A BLOG!!

I said I would never make a blog, but here it is: http://thekcsimpson99home.blogspot.com/

Not much there but I do have blinkies!!!! :wink:

Litchitini
05-05-2009, 06:51 AM
Today my sister made me smile :lmao:

scrapmami
05-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Sitting on the sofa, reading with my daughters.

Scrappinsass
05-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Watching my cute little budgie climbing a new ladder (first time he's seen it there) to get to his basket (on the table) where his food is (yes I bride him) knowing that he didn't like the ladder cause it's new but also knowing he likes to be in *high* places and I wasn't offering him an elevator lift (my foot) as is his usual method of getting there. He sure can move when he has to!! LOL

ckbymommy
05-09-2009, 08:10 PM
My baby girl all dressed up for Prom ...

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/592/Brianna.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=56213)

hollandnancy
05-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Memories of my mother

candi1973
05-09-2009, 08:59 PM
My daughter jumping into my arms at the airport when I picked her and her father up today! They were in Boston since last Sunday and it was soooo great to have my daughter back home! That made me smile from ear to ear!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you fabulous Mothers, Mothers-to-be, or any other woman who is a caretaker in any way! May you each have a fabulous day!

Hugs,
Candi

kayak
05-10-2009, 03:57 AM
Listening for the first time to a tape of my 3 young children in awe of seeing their twin brothers for the first time in hospital, and those tiny baby boys with thier squeaky cries are now almost 14yrs old and their voices are breaking/deepening.

A Happy Mother's Day gift from my darling husband.

hollandnancy
05-10-2009, 03:46 PM
azaleas in full bloom everywhere you look