PDA

View Full Version : New Computer

agarzaldynrd
04-13-2009, 04:40 PM
I just got a new MacBook and thought I would be very excited. Well I'm more frustrated than excited I can't find the effects in the effects pallette. It won't show me any of the shadows or bevels. All the tools I use for my los. This MacBook has pse6 but I also have pse 7 that I have to download. My next question is this....This computer also has contribute cs4 and soundbooth cs4. I don't even know what these are. Our District is giving all teachers and admin. new laptops and they seem to be loaded but since I'm used to working on a Dell, I'm lost and trying to find my way. Any help with locating all the contents of my effects pallette would be greatly appreciated. Also, any help defining the other pieces would also be appreciated.

elenasworld
04-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Hooray on the new computer Anna! That is so awesome!
I dont use a Mac, so I have no clue.
I hope some of our Mac's can give you some help.
I use Photoshop, but dont know what contribute or soundbooth is.

OneMemory
04-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Anna, PSE 6 is almost the same on both PC & Mac. Just go to your "Window" drop down menu and choose effects. Just be sure you are in Edit and Full mode (top of your layers palette) and you can make it all look about the same. ;)
How fun to have new stuff!

agarzaldynrd
04-15-2009, 05:20 AM
Thanks so much for the info. I'm afraid that when they imaged our computers they did not install the entire program. I have followed the directions you gave me and still not effects. Is there any additional trick I've not tried. Thanks to any and all that respond.