PDA

View Full Version : Happy Easter Everyone! How was yours?

Debra
04-12-2009, 04:49 PM
I just wanted to wish Everyone a very happy & blessed Easter!

My family was really scattered today with the boys with their girlfriends families, even travelling so far as 600 miles away, etc. It was still a very beautiful and special day for us!

How was yours?

britnkaysmemaw2
04-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Glad you had a special day. Mine was a bit scary, as I got a call about noon that my mother (who lives 7 hours from me) was rushed to the hospital. After a long day of phone calls back and forth to family, things are finally doing better. Mom had the flu this week, thus had not felt like eating, so her blood sugar levels were out of whack. They are monitoring her, but she is doing so much better. Thank God.
Did get to spend a couple of hours with the foster children and got a few pics finally. Hope to get some layouts done soon.

Hope everyone else had a fantastic Easter filled with God's blessings.

tbcarter2002
04-12-2009, 05:46 PM
I, too, hope everyone has had a great Easter holiday! I went to Dallas to visit my son and his family. We had a great time. I got back home about an hour ago with lots of new photos of my little granddaughter to scrap. <G> I'm on vacation this week, too, so maybe I'll get something done. I hated it that I ended up missing the Easter treasure hunt, though. Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

j_camargo6
04-12-2009, 05:49 PM
We ended up taking the dog to the vet (he hurt his leg) after church today, but all in all, it was a wonderful Easter Sunday!

agarzaldynrd
04-12-2009, 05:57 PM
I hope everyone had a great day as well. We don't have any little ones but our big kids did spend some time with us. The only little ones around today were our 2 sweeties, Shelby my sister's dog and my sweet little Xrissy Marie. I thought I might have to take her to the vet since she was so excited to get to play with Shelby that she jumped out of my lap and hit the concrete floor hard. She is just a little bitty one and let out a major yelp!! Thank God she seems to be fine and is running around like nothing happened.

All in all, a pretty good day and lots of puppy pics to share!!

hollandnancy
04-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Happy Easter to everyone. We just had a wonderful Easter with children and grandchildren and took time to count our many blessings.

ckbymommy
04-12-2009, 07:06 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/ckbymommy/holiday/glitter02.gif

Im still getting used to the fact that all the adult children/spouses/grandkids now all live out of state. I bought WAY too big of a ham. I boughy WAY too much candy for baskets - and even though I sent boxes out to the grandkids, the 3 kids still living at home had overflowing baskets (of course, the 7 your old is in heaven with all that sugar, and so is his 16 y/o brother - but my 17 year old daughter is trying to change to a healthier lifestyle - while she didn't complain, I could tell she wasn't as excited about all the sweets.)

Gem
04-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Happy Easter! Hope everyone had a great one. It is already 10:30 pm or so and the day was spent well with wonderful people. There was even an Easter egg hunt. It is so fun to watch the hunt when there is a wee one involved. : )

OneMemory
04-12-2009, 09:39 PM
It was a great weekend with friends and family! What a fun time of year! My family added a pinata to the egg hunt a few years ago for something different and it has been so fun for the kids to anticipate and tell their friends.
Happy Easter everyone!

Ina
04-12-2009, 10:19 PM
Happy Easter everyone!
My family had a quiet but wonderful day! The weather was lovely for the first time it really felt like spring..... we had +10 Celsius degrees and spent a lot of time outside. And we ended having dinner with the neighbors ( potlock style) on their terrace. It was really nice!
I've been trying to keep Elli away from the chocolate. She's had only few little ones. But she's been having little egg hunts where I hide some plastic eggs somewhere and I've put some surprise in them. :)
Today, on the 2nd Easter day (still a bank holiday here in Finland) I'm going to visit a lovely place with the neighbors lady. This place grows willow bushes and makes their own wicker products. It's located in the countryside and they also sell all kinds of unique decorations. And they have a cafe! :D It's always so much fun to go and visit there. Looking forward to it. :)

JAB
04-14-2009, 07:51 AM
We had a good weekend!! 3 days filled with egg hunts and food :) My kids had a total of 4 egg hunts-CRAZY- at least they were spread out over different days at different places !

It was beautiful here and we were able to enjoy the holiday with all of our family. It doesn't get better then that!

babyofmine
04-14-2009, 12:11 PM
The weather was GREAT this year! :D (2 years ago it was 40 degrees, ugh!) The "Easter Bunny" must have been really tired, though, because there were no baskets in the morning. But EB did show up while the boys did an egg-hunt in the yard, with dad. :wink: My boys figured out who the Easter Bunny really is: Santa Claus. :lmao: