PDA

View Full Version : creating a qp

agarzaldynrd
04-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Hey All, Happy Saturday before Easter. Are your baskets all ready??

I'm trying to learn how to make a quick page. Is there a tut anywhere that I could use with pse6?

agarzaldynrd
04-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks but I think I figured it out!!

elenasworld
04-11-2009, 12:24 PM
You are so smart Anna!
Guess that is why you are the Head of the Class :laugh:

Cant wait to see what you have made!

ckbymommy
04-11-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm glad you figured it out Anna!

Just in case anyone else wanted to know how to make a qp, there are photoshop and paint shop tutorials in the quick page exchange forum ...

PSP (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1399)

Photoshop Elements (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1385)

agarzaldynrd
04-11-2009, 04:21 PM
I thought I had figured it out but I was wrong. I'm wondering about how to save it and how the elements stay "put" so they won't move around when others open it up. I just went to the link you provided so I'm going to try to follow those directions. It sounds like I create a lo, save it to a jpg, the ope it up and work on it and save it as something else. I'll keep you posted.

elenasworld
04-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Anna, when you make a QP, you will want to save it as a .png file, then any "open" spaces you have (say for the photo/frame) will remain blank. If you save it as a .jpg, the open spaces will get filled in as white.

If I am working on something and want to come back to it, then I save it as the .psd file, so all the layers are in tact. Once you save something as a .png file, the items can't be moved around like you would be able to move your layers.

good luck
shout if you need some more help

ckbymommy
04-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Anna,

The links are for making a qp from an existing 'flat' layout.
I scrapbook with photoshop so I don't know how helpful the following will be for a psp user, but here's what I do ...
~ Open the layered layout (that's a psd for photoshop, not sure what the file would be for psp).
~ use a selection tool to select the pictures on your LO. (with photoshop you can ctrl-click the picture on the layers pallette)
~ select the layers below the picture (background plus any elements or matting that are under any part of the picture) one at a time and delete.
~ At this point you can delete the picture and you will be able to make sure that everything below it is clear.
~ Now save as a png and the qp will flatten and the hole(s) for the pictures will remain transparent.

HTH