PDA

View Full Version : What size Bamboo fun?

karbi
04-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Hello,

I recently bought the medium size Bamboo fun but haven't used it yet. I am really new to digi scrapping so don't know how useful it will be.

The medium was $199 while the small is only $99. The Bamboo without the software(which I already have) and mouse is only $69.

Can anyone tell me whether I should keep mine or exchange for the small or regular Bamboo (not the Fun)?

Thanks,
Kari

Ina
04-07-2009, 01:39 AM
Sorry, but I cannot say anything really to help you. However, I was contemplating on getting the medium Bamboo Fun. Was really really tempted! Read a lot good about it but actually realized that there's nothing I cannot do without it. I've also read some consumer reviews about the Bamboo Fun that say the same thing.... that even though it's wonderful to have and to play with it does the same things than you otherwise do with photo editing programs. :) I love all kinds of gadgets :) My toys!!!!!! :D And maybe one day I still get it.

Sorry that this is not really a reply to your answer. I've been waiting to hear if someone here has bought it to tell more. I'd love to hear your experience about the device. Please! :) Thanks already. You can also PM me if you want to. :)

karbi
04-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Anybody have an opinion on this? Please.

tbcarter2002
04-07-2009, 05:36 PM
I have the Bamboo (sm w/o the software and mouse) but really don't use it like I should. I think if I'd play with it more and learn more about it, though, that I would. I have a lot of dynamic brushes that are really cool when you use the pen tablet. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful but it really just depends on what you want to do with it. I think, though, that if you don't need the software, that the sm Bamboo is a good buy.

sparkles
04-07-2009, 07:28 PM
I don't have the Bamboo fun but I have the Wacom Tablet and love it. I find it hard to do anything without. While you can do everything without it, it makes lots of things easier to do. I find it very hard to use the mouse anymore while scrapping, designing, and photo editing. I find my tablet very useful and wonderful. It was well worth the money I spent on it.

donakat
04-07-2009, 08:46 PM
I, too, have the small Bamboo, and find it adequate. It's much more ergonomic than the mouse, and it makes things like extracting easier. And, you can write your name a whole lot better with the pen than with a mouse!! I think you'll like whichever one you get. If you don't need the new mouse, why not settle for the tablet by itself?

karbi
04-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the help. I think I'll exchange it for the small w/o the mouse.

Thanks again!

elenasworld
04-08-2009, 11:58 AM
I have the small Wacom. I love using it for extractions, but I find using the pen tool to be more cumbersome for me, than using my mouse for all the little clicks -- some people love the pen tool and use it instead of the mouse. I am not there yet

karbi
04-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks again to everyone. I exchaged my larger one for the small one without the mouse. I'll let you know how it works out.

techie girl
04-16-2009, 08:00 AM
this may be a little late,I just found this thread and wanted to put my 2 cents in.I have the medium Bamboo Fun and love it.I do still use my laser Logitech mouse but when I get tired I switch to the pen. It is so much easier to use that the mouse if you have wrist problems.I don't use the mouse that came with the Bomboo at all. It is totally useless in my opinion..
It is great for scrapbooking,espacially extractions and doodles.One thing ,I wish I had gotten the small.The medium is much bigger than you think and takes up a lot of room if you don't have a very large computer desk,which I don't.Altho I have used this one for two years I am strongly considering a small.

karbi
04-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks. I did exchange my medium for a small. I haven't tried it yet but I do think I'll like this size better.

TheMommason
04-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Have you used your pen yet? I love mine I use it on the laptop and need to get another one for My MAC and Kidlet want's one too... It really is great for kids I like that it allows me to write notes in the notepad. And as everyone said extractions and doodles rock!