PDA

View Full Version : I Need A Name ... Help Us Please !!!

Love4Scrap
03-28-2009, 10:23 PM
HI,
My mom and dad need HELP!!! lol...lol...lol... I am a 5 week old "Yorkie",and I have still not got a name. I will be coming home April 6,2009. I would like to have a name to be called by then,so mom thought that she would try to speed up that process,by asking for the help that she's needed all this time. heheheeheee:O

Here are a few names that were thrown their way.:

1.Scrappy
2. Mika
3. Toby
4. Toffee
5. Nitro
6. Mickey
7. Kobi
8. Gizmo
9. Ewok

These were just a few names , but if you have one that you think that we will like add it to the post and the name with the MOST POST, will be the name that my mom and dad will choose.

By the way I join Big Sister "Stori", (MORKIE) and Big Brother "Cuddles" (PEEKAPOM), in the family!!! ya!!! We are going to have such a BLAST!!!!! Mom has NO IDEA what she is getting into... hheheheeheeee:O) TOLIET PAPER ROLLS HERE I COME !!!!!!!! :oD

Love4Scrap
03-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Hi, .... NOTE HERE !!!!!

just to let you know that there are 9 names that were thrown in on the poll above,but if there is a name thats not there and you like to have it added PLEASE LET US KNOW ASAP, and we will add it , so you are NOT LIMITED to the names that are above.

Thank you ,
Daneta [/COLOR][/U]

okekeca
03-29-2009, 12:36 AM
I had a black CockerSpaniel years ago and his name was Solo.
The brown cocker we had for a short time before was Chico.

Those names are short and easy to pronounce, but so are the ones you suggest here too. From those names I would choose Scrappy.....lol

Gem
03-29-2009, 04:33 AM
Hi! You sure are a cutie! Are you a boy or a girl yorkie? I missed that part.

j_camargo6
03-29-2009, 04:34 AM
OH, he's so adorable! I thought Gizmo was pretty cute. Good luck!

agarzaldynrd
03-29-2009, 05:12 AM
AWWWW He is so cute. I just got a chihuahua and there was another puppy that looked so much like your cutie but I picked the tan colored one. And she is soooo cute. Anyway, I go with Kobi.

ponicedan
03-29-2009, 07:04 AM
I went with Scrappy just because I was trying to think of a name that goes with your love for scrapbooking. I have a cocker spaniel...his name is Rusty. Good luck!

Ina
03-29-2009, 07:21 AM
ABSOLUTELY adorable little pup! And I did vote....... In your "crazy", full speed, all the time going family....... NITRO is my choice! LOL :) Hugs to you all!

briarwoodpups
03-29-2009, 07:36 AM
What a cutie pattotie!

Ok - here's what I got from your list:

1.Scrappy - he doesn't really care for this name
2. Mika - not bad, but not the best
3. Toby - might work
4. Toffee - huh? (his reaction, not mine. i kinda like it :)
5. Nitro - he really fancies himself worthy of this name. The more he tosses it around, the better he likes thinking of himself as super fast and full of mischief. But it might be better reserved for a nickname - lol.
6. Mickey - nope
7. Kobi - not bad. has a nice ring to it.
8. Gizmo - overused, wants to be more original
9. Ewok - same as gizmo

No other names pop into mind. Sometimes they choose their own names and when that happens, it'll just come to you and it'll stick and he'll like it. But I think he's enjoying this game with you. He likes the attention it's bringing! He'll be happy if it's something you've chosen out of love for him, as long as he has a somewhat proper name for at least part of it!! (like Kobi would be a name, then could be mixed with something more like an adjective because a name is a being, not a thing, and this one is full of personality. Complete with his own set of opinions and ready to rock your world!)

Debra
03-29-2009, 07:45 AM
What a cutie he is! I voted for Nitro :)

britnkaysmemaw2
03-29-2009, 08:54 AM
What a cutie you have there. I voted using Briarwoodpups analogy. Can you tell she raises dogs and has put lots of thoughts into names, lol.

donakat
03-29-2009, 09:22 AM
He's really a cutie. Even if I am a cat person:laugh: He'll enjoy having siblings already there to show him the ropes. Enjoy!

ckbymommy
03-29-2009, 09:31 AM
I voted for Gizmo, partially because I'm a child of the 80's and loved that movie, but also because it flows better than some other options and there are a couple of nicknames that can come off of it.

Then I read briarwoodpups post and think she's right - there are probably tons of little puppies with that name (though how many will he actually run into, LOL)

So, upon further review I think either Kobi or Nitro would be great options. I also agree that any name choose out of love for him will be perfect.

Oh, and I meant to mention ... ADORABLE!!

Love4Scrap
03-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Hi! You sure are a cutie! Are you a boy or a girl yorkie? I missed that part.

OOPS !!! Gem Sorry, told you that My mom and Dad needed help...lol...lol...lol...lol... I AM A SWEET LITTLE BOY!!!!!!!!!

Sorry that I did not CLEAR that up in the post girls....... This little guy is soooooo Cute, I just hope that He doesn't follow in Stori's steps with the Toliet paper rolls , like His daddy help post above. Yikers!!!!!!!!

ANY WAY ITS A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for helping the Kids and I are really enjoying this and its so nice to see how many of you great woman post here and want to help out our little guy .... Thanks a Million and keep them coming its NOT OVER TIL APRIL 5, 2009 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bozena
03-29-2009, 10:31 AM
How about Sparky? Love those eyes.

hollandnancy
03-29-2009, 10:34 AM
I like Gizmo, but it all depends on personality. Nancy

elenasworld
03-29-2009, 10:57 AM
He is so sweet! Cute names you have tossed out.
I have found that the pup's personality helps to name him.

If my sister's kids were naming the pup, they would suggest King or Bear or Brutus -- they have always named their animals the complete opposite of what you would think.

Have fun with your new little guy
Hope you have a great time bringing him home for good

Gem
03-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Okay. I thought I'd add to the mix and introduce some more names for this little darling.

Bentley
Rusty
Little bear
Cooper
Pepper

tbcarter2002
03-29-2009, 11:49 AM
What a cute! I like "Scrappy" although he kind of looks like a "Gizmo". <G>

briarwoodpups
03-29-2009, 06:07 PM
He likes at least 3 of Gem's suggestions, too - care to guess which ones?? :)

And no worries - he's a smart one. Even if he gets used to a name and you (or he) decides to change it, he'll adjust quickly. Doesn't have to sound like the original name or anything.

Love4Scrap
03-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Hey girls this is going faster and better than I thought that it would. Thank you all for these and REMEMBER that the polls open til April 5th. I know that the poll thing says the 4th , but thats My MISTAKE!!!!!! Sorry !!!

You should see the Twins as they mark up the tally marks by the names as they are suggested and then they are writting EVERYONE OF YOU !!!," A THANK YOU" from them!!! lol...lol...lol...lol...

Courtney says she likes this game better than having to Study for her Spelling Test!!! heheheheheeeee:O)

KEEP THEM COMING !!!!!!! THEY SAID!!!!!! :o)

ckbymommy
03-29-2009, 06:24 PM
hehehe, you could always name him Sir Didymus (that little swamp guard on Labyrinth)

http://www.geocities.com/mayqueen419/l10.gif

Love4Scrap
03-29-2009, 06:52 PM
ROLF !!!! OMG !!!! I am laughing so hard that I am Crying ... Thank you CKBYMOMMY.... I really love this and the kids are behind me laughing as hard as I am !!!!! WHAT PICTURE!!!! WE NEED THE LAUGH MORE THAN YOU KNOW !!! Thanks A Million ...

Love4Scrap
04-04-2009, 08:01 PM
HI EVERYONE ...

JUSTA QUICK NOTE TO SAY THAT THE POLLS ARE CLOSING HERE SOON,AND THAT THERE ARE A FEW TIES HERE. i KNOW THAT THE POLL SAID THAT ITS ALREADY CLOSED ,BUT IT WON'T FOR US HERE FOR AT LEASST 1 HOUR!!! I HAVE A NEW PIC OF THE LITTLE GUY,BUT IT WILL NOT LET ME ADD IT HERE SO I WILL TRY TO AD DI TO A POST THAT JUST SAYS "YORKIE UPDATED PICTURE"

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH HERE WE ARE SO GLAD THAT YOU HELPED US OUT AND IT WAS SO FUN!!!

HUGS,
LOVE4SCRAP

britnkaysmemaw2
04-05-2009, 07:06 AM
So, did you go with the winning answer of Scrappy? I personally think he looks like a Nitro, lol. Bet he is going to be a fun little guy to have around.