PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please explain how to add shadows and borders?

chakra
03-09-2009, 07:45 PM
I can't figure it out. Thanks

tweederbug
03-09-2009, 08:12 PM
What program are you using? Check out the Resource drop down and got o tutorials and they sre some ways of doing things there. I have CS2 and I go to Layer>Layer Style>Drop Shadow.
Then you can do Layer>Layer Style>Stroke to put a border around a picture. Hope that this helps.
Sheila

donakat
03-09-2009, 08:25 PM
chakra,
Are you using Photoshop or Photoshop Elements? If so, you can add the shadows as a layer style to whichever element or photo in your layout you'd like to have a shadow. There are several that come with the program, and they're accessible from the styles palette. You can also change the parameters of the style by double-clicking on the style name on the layer after you've applied it.
As for adding a border, do you mean around a photo? That would be a stroke that you apply to the photo (or other element), which is accessible from the Edit menu. These instructions apply for Photoshop, and may be slightly different for Photoshop Elements. There are lots of good tutorials for various effects on this site, so I'd recommend you look at those for lots of good hints. Go to the top of the screen, Resources--Tutorials. There are lots of other tutorials on other websites, too, including the support forums for the software you use. Just Google on the topic you want to learn about.
Hope this helps,
Dona

BarbaraNie
11-12-2009, 08:19 AM
I didn't ask the question, but I appreciate the answer!!!!