PDA

View Full Version : New toy

nancyrwa
03-07-2009, 07:03 PM
My hubby and I went cruising through Staples today and I found a terabyte external drive on sale (20% off)! Well, thinking that I should do my part to aid the ailing economy, I bought it! And boy am I glad I did! I have spent the better part of the afternoon putting some of my files on that drive to free up more space on the main computer hard drive, so now I can get back into some digital scrapbooking!

candi1973
03-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Yay! OMG, I don't know what I would do without an External Hard Drive! I am glad you got one today! My EHD has 500 GB's and more than 1/2 of it is full! Yikes! I have been cleaning out stuff that I downloaded many, many months ago that were free items that I've used, or don't need. I still have lots of stuff to clean up.

I also spent part of today backing up my favorite designers/stores on DVD's. I would be just LOST if something ever happened (knock on wood!). I have heard some horror stories and I just want to protect myself, at minimum, with kits that I have purchased or those who have RAK'd me....

Glad you're back into the digital scene....although I am not sure how long you were gone. :-)

SO nice to mee you!

britnkaysmemaw2
03-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Wow. Just look how much more you can now put on your computer again. Happy Scrappin' and welcome back.

Debra
03-08-2009, 10:46 AM
What a fun new toy..and good for you for stimulating the economy! Happy fun filling up that terabyte!

agarzaldynrd
03-08-2009, 11:12 AM
I got one last week and I'm so glad I did. Now I just need to figure out how to back it up. Perhaps some more help to the economy by buying another one???

amandamoo
03-08-2009, 11:33 AM
I got one last week and I'm so glad I did. Now I just need to figure out how to back it up. Perhaps some more help to the economy by buying another one???

I love my EHD, but having heard multiple horror stories of EHD failure, I also burn the files onto DVD's (they hold more than CD's and you don't have to worry about them crashing like EHD's.) I've got several inexpensive zip-close CD cases. I label my DVD's and pop them in there. That way if my EHD ever goes, I don't lose, photos, scrapbook pages or kits.
That reminds me... I should go back up all that stuff I've downloaded this month...

IntenseMagic
03-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Congrats on your new toy!! And yeah, I'm a horror story LOL Mine died a couple of days ago...fortunately I had most of my newer stuff still on the laptop and a lot of stuff backed up on DVD...but there is quite a bit of stuff I hadn't taken the time to back up yet. I keep hoping it will magically work again... or I will start finding a way to retrieve all my stuff. Here's hoping yours works beautifully with no issues!!

JAB
03-09-2009, 04:57 AM
new toys are always fun :)

I lost a ton of pictures a while back when we had a hard drive crash :(

I have 2 EHDs now- I also back up to DVD-
I am in the process of cleaning out a lot of my old stuff also!!

scramper75
03-09-2009, 06:22 AM
congrats. I recently bought a 1TB EHD as well, I had no idea what I did without one. Right now I just have it as a backup and have it set to back up every Friday, I have bought so much stuff the past few weeks, I need to stat putting some of it on CD's just to be safe. I would hate to lose it all.