PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Scrapbooker

Cherry47
02-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Hello All,
I was an avid paper scrapbooker until this past December. I have so many supplies that I don't have room for even half of them and don't know what I have. The scrapbook store where I shop has the friendliest people and we are very close. The last 5 bags of scrapbook supplies I bought there have not even been taken out of the bags. I guess I need some kind of counseling. My daughter has a new baby (6 months now) and live in Georgia. It's a 9 hour drive and I can't take all my scrapbook supplies when I go there so I came across Digi-Scrapping. I love it. This week I did do a paper :hello: layout of my grandbaby in her christening dress and once I completed it, I had stuff all over the place. It was a complete mess. I love Melanie's quote "We don't need no stinking adhesive". I have too much stuff to completely give up paper scrapbooking but I see where digi is a lot neater and a lot cheaper. So I think I will become what they call a Hybrid Scrapbooker. Now I have another problem. I've bought so many kits that I haven't used yet but at least they are not all over the room and are stacked neatly in my computer. Thanks for reading this. If there's a number for scrapbook anonymous, please give me the number because I truly have a problem.
God Bless,:hello:
Cherry

redring
02-28-2007, 08:44 PM
LOL! you are hooked!! Glad to see another biscraptual person there are really soo few it seems. love to see any los!!

yin
03-01-2007, 04:55 AM
LOL indeed!! You're where I once was. My paper stuff were stacked in a huge corner, unopened too, because I found digi scrapping about 6 mths after I started scrapping. One day I opened my home to my sunday school girls (teenagers) and let them have whatever supplies they wanted. It was a bit painful when they took a huge stash (ha ha) but I got over it. I still look at uncompleted paper album with longing though... but don't think I will be using them in the near future!! :)

Cherry47
03-01-2007, 12:02 PM
It's too soon. I don't think I could part with my paper scrapbooking material right now. It would definitely hurt. Also, everytime I would go to the scrapbook store to see my friends, I would be so tempted. I'm going to give myself a while.

ckbymommy
03-01-2007, 03:50 PM
I know what you mean - it is really painful to give up on paper scrapping. I am still using my supplies to make cards and altered items, which gives me that tactile fulfillment. But, I stated a project at the beginning of the year (non-scrapbook) and ended up with boxes piled in my scrapbook "cubicle" (an L-shaped desk with 2 more tables forming a second 'L', which all together form a perfect little space for me.) So now I can't even get in there to find a card for an upcoming birthday - looks like I will have to clean up, LOL. Whatever you call it - Hybred Scrapper, ByScraptual, Tradigital - welcome to the club, LOL.

Welcome to GDS! I know you will love it here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, there are so many helpful people here that you are sure to get an answer quickly. If you are bored easily (like me) come join in our games (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35).

twirlyjoy
03-02-2007, 07:05 AM
lol! Welcome to gds! I paperscrapbook occassionally but tend to do a 'bit of both' - I guess I am a biscraptual! Tend to combine digi with paper but not 12 x 12 - usually paper bag albums etc. Although, my 'first love' is digi and I do more digi LOs than anything else!