PDA

View Full Version : March Photoshop classes now open for enrollment!

HollyS
03-01-2009, 05:39 AM
A new round of Photoshop CS2/3 classes taught by Andrea Gold including a CS3 SUPER TIPS class will begin first week of March!

Deadline for signups is March 7th! Remember enrollment qualifies you to get our monthly collab kit FREE!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/medium/_debra/gdsmarcollab_MED.jpg

She's had a slew of students since she started teaching classes and here is what some of her students have said:

This class was above and beyond my expectations. I had no idea how many features of Photoshop I was missing until I took this class. Andrea commented on homework and and answered questions quickly and encouragingly. I can't wait until the next class!
Date Added: 09/26/2008 by Keri

Andrea..I loved taking this class. It was really easy to understand and follow! Now I no longer look at my Photoshop with dread! I really learned how to manage it! It is fun! It is like magic! Thanks so much for your time! Connie

Andreas -classes were just what i needed to learn PSCS3- everything was well laid out and great course materials- i will be doing all her classes upto and including Illustrator-
good support when we needed it
Date Added: 08/29/2008 by Jenny Deshon

AWESOME Class!!!!!! Covers a large variety of topics that is useful in digital scrapbooking and allows you to work at your own pace. The tutorials are wonderfully written and the instructor is clear, very helpful and answer questions quickly. I would highly recommend this class to everyone who is interested in digital scrapbooking and using photoshop cs2/cs3, I'm sure you will learn something you didn't know!
Date Added: 06/05/2008 by Jennifer Tallerico

This was so awesome! The lessons are laid out so well and very easy to follow. I am definitely doing the Intermediate course next. I learned a lot of great things and had so much fun in the process!!!
Date Added: 06/25/2008 by Tamarynn Bennett

"I really enjoyed this class. I'd already taken Photoshop 1 & 2 at our local junior college and I still learned new things from your beginner class. I would highly recommend it!"

"I have taken both the Beginners and the Intermediate Classes, and I must say that it was money well spent. I learned more than I ever thought I would, and Andrea is a wonderful, patient teacher with a terrific teaching style. The classes are well thought out with lots of visuals. I am already signed up for the Advanced Classes. Thank you so much."

"Great classes! The instructions are clear and the lessons are well paced. I learned so much, and my designing ability has grown by leaps and bounds. Thanks Andrea!"

If you are interested in learning more about what the classes cover or would like to enroll, you can find out more information at http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...ex&cPath=62_64.

During the enrollment process, please be sure to provide your forum username during the order process so that we can provide you access to the special private forum set up for the classroom.

If you have any questions, please just post the question here and the instructor will answer them.

cuca
03-04-2009, 07:01 PM
I am currently taking the Intermediate level PS class with Andrea, which is almost over. Which is the next one after that? I've seen comments here of PS-Advanced 03 that requires Advanced 01. So which one is the one for me to register in?

Thanks, Cuca

Andrea
03-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Hi Cuca!

The next one for you to take is Advanced #01. You can find it here:

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62_64&products_id=1150

Let me know of any more questions you have. :)

I am currently taking the Intermediate level PS class with Andrea, which is almost over. Which is the next one after that? I've seen comments here of PS-Advanced 03 that requires Advanced 01. So which one is the one for me to register in?

Thanks, Cuca

scramper75
03-05-2009, 06:30 AM
Oh I would love to be able to take this class BUT I am so full of other things going on I just do not have the time. Is there a class usually in the summer?? say June-August time frame??
What is the format and are there assignments you turn in each week, meaning basically what is the workload in this class?? What differentiates the beginners class and the intermediate class??
Sorry for the 50 questions BUT as you can tell I am a curious person...lol
on a quest for knowledge.

Andrea
03-05-2009, 07:18 AM
The classes are all taught every month. The classes are work at your own pace. There is not a specific time when the classes meet. The classes are taught in a private forum. The forum is always open after the start date of the class. New lessons are posted weekly in the forum in pdf format. You can go to the class forum and download lessons and then ask questions there also. There is a special gallery set up for everyone to display their homework and see what past students have done with particular assignments. I am always available to help you and answer your questions. Please let me know if I can answer any further questions you might have about the classes.

For the main differences, you can go to the store and read the descriptions. Here is the information for the beginner:

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62_64&products_id=898

Here is the information for the intermediate:
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62_64&products_id=905

You can ask more questions here too and I'll answer them for you.

Oh I would love to be able to take this class BUT I am so full of other things going on I just do not have the time. Is there a class usually in the summer?? say June-August time frame??
What is the format and are there assignments you turn in each week, meaning basically what is the workload in this class?? What differentiates the beginners class and the intermediate class??
Sorry for the 50 questions BUT as you can tell I am a curious person...lol
on a quest for knowledge.

AndreaJ
03-05-2009, 12:36 PM
I thought the date for the March classes started on the 4th? Does it not start until the enrollment date is over after the 7th? I am so excited to get started!! I have been looking for a class like this for a LONG time. Thanks Andrea.

HollyS
03-05-2009, 12:53 PM
I thought the date for the March classes started on the 4th? Does it not start until the enrollment date is over after the 7th? I am so excited to get started!! I have been looking for a class like this for a LONG time. Thanks Andrea.

Hi, sent you a pm about enrollment :)

Irene Lennon
03-05-2009, 02:09 PM
I got an email about the start of the class but can't find it posted anywhere. The last one I can find is Aug 08. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Irene:confused1:

mamabyrd
03-06-2009, 08:03 AM
I can't find the March 2009 class forums either. Please help!

Andrea
03-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Hi! I send out emails when you sign up for the class but they go to spam folders a lot of times.

If you signed up for a Photoshop class, you can find it here:
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=108

If you signed up for an Illustrator class, you can find it here:
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222

You will find your class listed by date with the newest classes at the bottom of the list. Please let me know as soon as possible if you can't access or find your class forum after looking at this reply.

I got an email about the start of the class but can't find it posted anywhere. The last one I can find is Aug 08. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Irene:confused1:

I can't find the March 2009 class forums either. Please help!

HollyS
03-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Yep all students thus far should have access now :) You guys are gonna learn lots in Andrea's classes!

nemapunkin
03-07-2009, 08:05 PM
I can't find it either but maybe it is because I just paid for the class? I'll wait for a notice in my email before I get too nervous. lol:twitcy:

Andrea
03-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Hi Steph, I sent you an email just this morning and I think I saw you found the forum. Send me a PM if not. :)

I can't find it either but maybe it is because I just paid for the class? I'll wait for a notice in my email before I get too nervous. lol:twitcy:

linnie
03-09-2009, 11:31 PM
am I too late to sign up !! desperately needing tut's regards linnie:hi:

Andrea
03-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Hi linnie,

I sent you an email about this. :)

am I too late to sign up !! desperately needing tut's regards linnie:hi:

americanmutt
04-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Are the April 2009 courses listed somewhere?

HollyS
04-01-2009, 10:48 AM

Hi, you can view our classes in the store by going to http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=62.

Also, a recent announcement for april is here http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10721.

Andrea
04-01-2009, 10:49 AM
We're in the process of getting the forum ready for the class. It does start today. Check back a little later today. When they're ready, you will find them here:

If you signed up for a Photoshop class, you will find it here:

If you signed up for an Illustrator class, you will find it here:

You will find your class listed by date with the newest classes at the bottom of the list. Please let me know as soon as possible if you can't access or find your class forum after today.

Thanks for your patience. There's a lot to do with the classes starting right on the 1st of the month this month. :)

linnie
04-01-2009, 01:25 PM
I can't find the classes list for april - is this the right spot they all seem to be 2008 classes??? regards

Andrea
04-01-2009, 02:16 PM
See my post above for the links to the class forums. We're still working on setting up the forums. We appreciate your patience. This takes a lot of work with all of the classes starting on the same day this month. You will see your class when everything is ready. :)

We're in the process of getting the forum ready for the class. It does start today. Check back a little later today. When they're ready, you will find them here:

If you signed up for a Photoshop class, you will find it here:

If you signed up for an Illustrator class, you will find it here:

You will find your class listed by date with the newest classes at the bottom of the list. Please let me know as soon as possible if you can't access or find your class forum after today.

Thanks for your patience. There's a lot to do with the classes starting right on the 1st of the month this month. :)

I can't find the classes list for april - is this the right spot they all seem to be 2008 classes??? regards

lifesaver
04-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Is it too late to join? I just got both Photoshop & Illustrator programs & would love to learn ASAP how to use them.
Thanks!

Andrea
04-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Yes, it is too late for this month. We're half way done. However, a new round of classes will be starting in just about three weeks.

Is it too late to join? I just got both Photoshop & Illustrator programs & would love to learn ASAP how to use them.
Thanks!

Country Style Designs
02-21-2010, 04:27 PM
I purchased the beginners class today, I am so looking forward to learning all of this, and I am telling all my friends also.
Hugs
MoMo

Bootybella
02-26-2010, 10:06 AM
Hello everyone!!! I just signed up for the Beginner Class and am SUPER excited to get started!!! Gonna take some getting used to posting in this new forum but can hardly wait!! Woo hoo!!!!
Andrea - I don't know if my Username got sent to you or not but my email addy is bella013175@hotmail.com and I just signed up. Can you let me know if there is anything else I have to do from my end of do I just sit here jumping up and down until Wednesday? LOL!!
Thanks so much,

Andrea
02-26-2010, 10:11 AM
I'll make a note of your username and double check that we get you added. I love the excitiement! :)

Hello everyone!!! I just signed up for the Beginner Class and am SUPER excited to get started!!! Gonna take some getting used to posting in this new forum but can hardly wait!! Woo hoo!!!!
Andrea - I don't know if my Username got sent to you or not but my email addy is bella013175@hotmail.com and I just signed up. Can you let me know if there is anything else I have to do from my end of do I just sit here jumping up and down until Wednesday? LOL!!
Thanks so much,

Country Style Designs
02-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Is it March already????? Is it ever gonna get here.. I am so so excited about this...lol

Bootybella
02-27-2010, 10:58 AM
Only two more sleeps till March!!!
Counting the minutes till WEDNESDAY! Kidding - that would be rather insane, would it not? LOL!!!

DavisChronicles
02-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Only two more sleeps till March!!!
Counting the minutes till WEDNESDAY! Kidding - that would be rather insane, would it not? LOL!!!

That's not insane at all!!
I'm signing up on Monday for the same class!
And waiting for Wednesday to come along... I'm about to burst with excitement!! :party:

Andrea
02-27-2010, 05:50 PM
I love seeing so much excitement for the classes! :)

Bootybella
03-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Ok....so it starts TOMORROW!!! Yahhhh!!!! I probably won't sleep tonight!
Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!! This is such an awesome week!!! First this class, then I got a phone call from Stampin Up (which i am a demo for) and got invited to an intimate dinner with the President of SU along with 6 other demos on Friday night, then I have Regionals all day Saturday!!! I don't think this week could possibly get any better!!!

DavisChronicles
03-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Ok....so it starts TOMORROW!!! Yahhhh!!!! I probably won't sleep tonight!
Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!! This is such an awesome week!!! First this class, then I got a phone call from Stampin Up (which i am a demo for) and got invited to an intimate dinner with the President of SU along with 6 other demos on Friday night, then I have Regionals all day Saturday!!! I don't think this week could possibly get any better!!!

Wow! You have quite the line-up this week!!
That's awesome!! Grats to you!! :biggrin:

And... it's now Tuesday night! Let the count down begin!!
tick, tock.... :popcorn:

Country Style Designs
03-02-2010, 08:11 PM
I say lets go ahead and start and pretend its time....lol:laugh:

DavisChronicles
03-02-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm game! ;)

donakat
03-02-2010, 11:50 PM
FYI, I've signed up for the PS Adv #3 class, Andrea. Thanks!

Country Style Designs
03-03-2010, 05:31 AM
ok, why do I feel like I'm sitting at my computer with my eyes bugged out going. "Open, Open, Open"?.... Oh wait,, cause I am,,,,,,lmaoooo:aetsch:

webdesignmom
03-03-2010, 06:07 AM
Everyone left home early for a change, so I stopped by to see if class was open yet but I guess I'm too early. I will check back again after awhile. Maybe in the mean time I will post my photo here.

agarzaldynrd
03-03-2010, 06:07 AM
I'm purchasing the CS4 for my school for some projects we are about to start. I don't have it today but I know I can download a free trail somewhere. Where would I do that and is it too late for this month's class? I will be getting CS4.

Bootybella
03-03-2010, 06:20 AM
ok, why do I feel like I'm sitting at my computer with my eyes bugged out going. "Open, Open, Open"?.... Oh wait,, cause I am,,,,,,lmaoooo:aetsch:

LOL!! And I was thinking I was a keener!!! I was afraid to go on this morning thinking I was just being way too eager this early, but glad I am not the only one!! I may have to be away from my comp. this afternoon so I guess after all my waiting, I am going to have to wait a little longer to tonight to see the class!
Agh!!!

Country Style Designs
03-03-2010, 07:32 AM
LOL!! And I was thinking I was a keener!!! I was afraid to go on this morning thinking I was just being way too eager this early, but glad I am not the only one!! I may have to be away from my comp. this afternoon so I guess after all my waiting, I am going to have to wait a little longer to tonight to see the class!
Agh!!!

awwwwww... well I will save you a seat and write on the walls for ya till you get back,,,lol Can I be the official trouble make of the class.... I promise no spit balls......lmaoooooooooooooooooo :rock: :aetsch:

DavisChronicles
03-03-2010, 07:47 AM
I'm purchasing the CS4 for my school for some projects we are about to start. I don't have it today but I know I can download a free trail somewhere. Where would I do that and is it too late for this month's class? I will be getting CS4.

Anna, here is a link for the 30 day trials: Adobe Downloads (http://www.adobe.com/downloads/)
If you don't already have an account, you will have to create one to dl.
Hope this helps! =)

webdesignmom
03-03-2010, 07:52 AM
I see classes are up!!! But I think I am going to have to have a quick lunch first. Tummy doing the grumbellies.

webdesignmom
03-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Ok I was fooled. The links to the classes are up but nothing posted yet. I guess I will go have lunch then and come back afterwards. Sorry about that.

DavisChronicles
03-03-2010, 08:04 AM
I think you just had everyone rushing to their computers! lol
too funny! =)

Bootybella
03-03-2010, 11:39 AM
:cheers: I am out at a wine tasting this afternoon and just had a quick minute to log on - WHAT??? Still no class????
Miz Andrea, where art thou???? LOL!!!
She must be waiting on me to get home! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

webdesignmom
03-03-2010, 11:42 AM
:cheers: I am out at a wine tasting this afternoon and just had a quick minute to log on - WHAT??? Still no class????
Miz Andrea, where art thou???? LOL!!!
She must be waiting on me to get home! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

She must be or something. I have been waiting it seems like forever. I guess I'm bored.

HollyS
03-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Hi all! Glad to see all the excitement :) We just got the classroom forums set up for her a little while ago today so shouldn't be long...perhaps later tonight :)

agarzaldynrd
03-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Holly,
I just signed up. Is it too late?

HollyS
03-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Holly,
I just signed up. Is it too late?

Not at all, enrollment closes on the 8th!

agarzaldynrd
03-03-2010, 12:22 PM
YAAY!!!! I tried to download the welcome letter pdf file but it won't let me. Let me know what I should do next. How exciting!!!

diamndprincz
03-03-2010, 01:06 PM
I think Andrea sent an email with it also cause that's how I read it. I can't wait to get started so I can find out what all these buttons and do-hickeys do in Photoshop. lol.

Bootybella
03-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Just got home and pony'ed up to my computer....can barely wait to get started! Glad I am not behind!!! I am a few glasses of vino deep though so don't know if my questions will be belligerent? Kidding - I will try and keep them intelligent!! Bwahahaha!!!

agarzaldynrd
03-03-2010, 05:00 PM
I still don't have anything. I just registered today so maybe I'll get it tomorrow. So sad, I just downloaded CSr and was a little anxious.

DavisChronicles
03-03-2010, 05:15 PM
I still don't have anything. I just registered today so maybe I'll get it tomorrow. So sad, I just downloaded CSr and was a little anxious.

You're not alone.... We are all sitting on pins and needles,
waiting.... oh so patiently....
time for some caffine!! =)

marg
03-03-2010, 05:19 PM
I just signed up and cant wait until these classes start. :roses::roses::roses:

Bootybella
03-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Maybe something personal happened to her? I hope it is nothing serious! This seems a little weird as it is almost 7pm my time. I am just going to pm Holly and see if she knows anything...

agarzaldynrd
03-03-2010, 05:37 PM
That is strange. Usually classes start right on time. I hope all is well with Andrea. But while we are here...Dawn, thanks for the link. i downloaded and now I'm really anxious. So is this really very different from PSE? I used 6 and 7.

DavisChronicles
03-03-2010, 05:45 PM
I've been playing around with CS4 a little today
and yeah, it's pretty different! I have Elements 6 and 8,
and Elements is very automated. CS4 is not.
But that gives us more flexibility & tools!! So excited!

diamndprincz
03-03-2010, 05:47 PM
CS4 is great! I had to delete Paint Shop Pro last year to make myself learn it...and glad I did.

donakat
03-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Anna,
Plan on spending plenty of time with PSCS4, and even go back and do the lessons from earlier classes you've taken, if you have. That way you learn to do the easier things with the new software, before diving into the more advanced tips.

Country Style Designs
03-03-2010, 07:15 PM
I guess I so need to upgrade,,,,lol

agarzaldynrd
03-03-2010, 07:16 PM
I'm having problems opening up psc4. I keep getting a message telling me to reinstall. I can open the Ai portion and others but now cs4. i'll keep trying to figure it out.

It's 10:20 pm so time for me to say goodnight. Still now class info. so I guess it will be tomorrow morning before I can check back in. Goodnight all.

agarzaldynrd
03-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Dona, do you mean the lessons I took for pse 7? I haven't taken any classes for cs4 yet.

Anna,
Plan on spending plenty of time with PSCS4, and even go back and do the lessons from earlier classes you've taken, if you have. That way you learn to do the easier things with the new software, before diving into the more advanced tips.

Bootybella
03-03-2010, 08:33 PM
No pm back from Holly either so not too sure what happened here!
Nite ladies! Calling it a day!
Chat tomorrow!

Bootybella
03-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Duh...just noticed that the thread is up and all the class notes are posted - check it out if you haven't already!!!

Andrea
03-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Let me know if the reinstall doesn't work and I'll see if I can help you. :)

I'm having problems opening up psc4. I keep getting a message telling me to reinstall. I can open the Ai portion and others but now cs4. i'll keep trying to figure it out.

It's 10:20 pm so time for me to say goodnight. Still now class info. so I guess it will be tomorrow morning before I can check back in. Goodnight all.

Andrea
03-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks everyone for your patience. My Internet keeps going down today. If you haven't got the welcome letter, you will be getting it over email as soon as I get your receipt. It's great to have you all in the class and all of the lessons are posted now. Let me know if I can help with anything!

donakat
03-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Andrea,
I signed up for PS Adv#3, but I am only seeing the forum for #2 which I already took. Thanks for checking this out for me.

webdesignmom
03-04-2010, 06:20 AM

Can I ask you did you do a direct download from Adobe or did you do an install from a disk?
Last summer I did a direct download from Adobe of a cs4 suite and the dummies set me up with a trial version instead of the full version that I paid for. It took me 3 months of talking to people from India and then finally contacting the company president to get the mess fixed. I will never again do a direct download from Adobe.

agarzaldynrd
03-04-2010, 07:30 AM
Can I ask you did you do a direct download from Adobe or did you do an install from a disk?
Last summer I did a direct download from Adobe of a cs4 suite and the dummies set me up with a trial version instead of the full version that I paid for. It took me 3 months of talking to people from India and then finally contacting the company president to get the mess fixed. I will never again do a direct download from Adobe.

Thanks for your response. I actually am downloading the trial version because I am purchasing the program but have not done so yet. My computer was telling me I did not have enough memory so we'll see what happens when I get the actual program. Thanks again!

webdesignmom
03-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Anna, hopefuly that is all you need is more memory. That would be the least of your worries.

Andrea
03-04-2010, 08:38 AM
If it's telling you that you need more memory for the trial version, it will be the same way with the full version. Look at the recommended specifications that Adobe sets out for CS4. You want to make sure you have all of those. You can see those here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/photoshop/systemreqs/

CS4 is very resource intensive (Photoshop mainly). The other programs in the creative suite are not so taxing on your computer.

Thanks for your response. I actually am downloading the trial version because I am purchasing the program but have not done so yet. My computer was telling me I did not have enough memory so we'll see what happens when I get the actual program. Thanks again!

Andrea
03-04-2010, 08:38 AM
I've asked Holly to check on that for you. :)

Andrea,
I signed up for PS Adv#3, but I am only seeing the forum for #2 which I already took. Thanks for checking this out for me.