PDA

View Full Version : Problems with photoshop elements

crystal3405@netzero.net
02-25-2009, 12:05 AM
Hello,
Let me introduce myself. My name is Crystal and I am fairly new at using photoshop elements. I have taken a class at the scrapbooking expo so I do know how to set up my workspace. I created one layout and now my photoshop won't work. I will explain what it is doing. If anyone has any idea what to do to fix it please let me know.

I open photoshop elements and choose that I want to open a blank file. I choose that I want it to be 12x12 and 300 dpi. Then, I open my papers, embillishments and pictures and place them in my photo bin. I am ready to go. When I select on a piece of paper to drag it to my work space it puts a black box around my workspace. As soon as I let go from dragging the paper it makes the paper appear and everything else disappears. You can't layer anything. I had my friend look at it and she came to the conclusion that it has everything to do with that black box. We don't know what is causing it. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Crystal

agarzaldynrd
02-25-2009, 03:48 AM
Hi, Anna here, I have PSE 6 and when I first started learning about using pse I would open up everything and although I don't remember a black box, I couldn't layer anything either. For PSE6 what I do is open up a new doc., or open up whatever paper I want for the background then I "place" everything else. The only other things I "open" are my pics in case I want to crop them. I don't have my elements open right now and I have to go to work but I think the place is in the file drop down, perhaps the edit. I'll check back when later today.

babyofmine
02-25-2009, 04:30 AM
I do my pages the same way you describe, Crystal. :D But I don't think I've ever seen the black box problem in my PSE-5. :eek1 Can you take a screen shot and post it? At the top, are the little boxes "Auto Select Layer", "Show Bounding Box", and "Show Highlight on Rollover" checked? (they are on mine) At the right, are your Layers visible? When you say you can't layer anything, does that mean you just can't click on them? I'm sure we can figure this thing out! *yes

crystal3405@netzero.net
02-25-2009, 02:50 PM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_CsUicgi5Cxo/SaYSdSlDSSI/AAAAAAAAADI/l_JghSrNn78/s640/100_3752.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_CsUicgi5Cxo/SaYSds2QjBI/AAAAAAAAADQ/z1fdpbF3pjs/s640/100_3753.jpg (sent by Yahoo! Toolbar)
The first picture is what the screen looks like when I am holding the button down to drag the paper to my work space.

The second picture is what it looks like as soon as I let go of the button. Everything else disappears and it only the item that I just drug.

Thank you soo much for all of your help!

Crystal

agarzaldynrd
02-25-2009, 03:24 PM
OOPS!! I forgot to check in today. Sorry. I tried to open your screen shots but I got a big forbidden page.