PDA

View Full Version : A funny thing happend on the way to get a paper...

scrappintwins
02-11-2009, 07:59 PM
We had a really bad storm today but it only lasted about 20min so no big deal. Well this evening I was taking my MIL home and remembered I needed to get a paper because mom and dad had put a Valentine thing in for the kids. I stopped at the nearest gas station (my town is FULL of gas stations lol) and grabbed a couple. As I was checking out the power went off! Pitch dark! Scary truckers! Not a good thing lol. As I went out to the car I realized ALL of town was dark!! Going down the main drag there were a zillion cops, fire trucks you name it in the middle of the road and they were directing traffic off the main road. I had called my DH to see if he'd heard anything and then saw a transformer with flames shooting out of it!! I have no idea why it caught fire. The wind is horrible but there hasn't been any lightening or anything that would have caused it. It was pretty freaky lol....
Just thought I'd share my night HA!!:twitcy:

OneMemory
02-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Holy Smokes-your whole town runs on 1 transformer?? LOL!! Glad you are OK and made it home safe!!

j_camargo6
02-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Wow, talk about excitement! Glad you made it home in one piece!

agarzaldynrd
02-12-2009, 06:32 AM
WOW!! You'll have to post back and let us know what happened. I'm curious. Hope you and your family are all safe.

christellevandyk
02-12-2009, 10:28 AM
I have a lot of sympathy with you Christy! We had a whole series of blackouts in South Africa last year.. Not a pretty thing!

babyofmine
02-12-2009, 01:39 PM
I wonder if you live close to me? We also had a huge windstorm last night. I was on my way to church, and passed the McDonald's, and noticed that the Playplace was dark, and thought, "I hope no kids were playing in there when it went dark." Turns out, my friend was there with her kids! :laugh: they're okay, so we can laugh now. :)

scrappintwins
02-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Well they said it took until about 9 this morning to get the power back on everywhere. Still not real sure why it caught fire lol.
My parents lost power for half the night and they only live 1 mile from me. There were only 4 houses affected there lol bless their hearts.

Julie, you're about 2 1/2 hours from me so I'm sure you got a good storm too.

Debra
02-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Wow.... sounds like you had quite an evening Christy! Glad your parents weren't as badly affected and glad the power's back on and you got through it ok :)