PDA

View Full Version : Have new office finally and almost back from my MIA!

Helen
02-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Hi everyone - I'm back - well almost!

I have been MIA these past few weeks helping to get my new office finished in my basement. Had some health issues - mostly my back (have left number fingers and hand) - but I have been working on kits in between times.

As some of you know I am an Editor for an antique car magazine (about 10,000 subscribers internationally) and I put out a magazine (about 64 to 72 pages in color 6 times a year). I had been working out of our third bedroom and the magazine and digital scrapping stuff had overflowed into the rest of my house.

In November my dh FINALLY started building a new office for me in our unfinished basement (16x20 feet) and the carpeting finally got laid on Friday.
So I've been busy packing up stuff, moving stuff, and trying to consolidate all of my equipment into new office. Move in day was this past weekend - and now I have a messy new office and a disaster in my old bedroom.

But I finally now have my new computer that I got from my dh for Christmas - with 2 internal 500 gig hard drives, 2 - 22in wide screens - so I can have 2 programs up full screen at the same time and move stuff from one to the other.

I have 2 computer desk stations - my dh got them for free from his work - which had recently moved - slightly used - but heck they were free and that works for me!

So I now have 3 desktop computers, laptop, 3 ehds, scanner, copier, and 3 printers all now in the same room. And FILES everywhere that I now have to put into file drawers and organize. All of Photoshop and scrapbooking magazines and books will get moved in the next few weeks after we move some bookcases into office.

But I did get some work done on some new kits in the last month - and I have to get the first ones up as bonuses for the ladies who participated in the Techniques Challenge last month and this past month.

I have a network set up and finally wireless connections. So I've been sharing files left and right all day today. My dh left on a business trip last night - and so today I crashed - after the weekend of moving stuff. SO hopefully I will have some peace and quiet while I move in 'my way'.

Be back later - and once I get done - I'll show some photos of my before and after spaces. And make an appointment to see the doc about my numb hand - hopefully nothing serious.

HUGS
Helen

Gem
02-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Congratulations, Helen! How wonderful for you to get a working space designed just for you. That dh of yours is a keeper! Be careful of your back and don't mess around with that numb fingers thing, get it taken care of ASAP. We like you around and want to keep you around for years to come.

kcsimpson99
02-09-2009, 04:33 PM
WOW, WOW, WOW!! I am EXHAUSTED from just reading that, and I didn't even lift a finger!! LOL!!

Congrats to you on having your "own space". That is what I want someday...ahh to dream...

GOOD LUCK...and missed ya :)

HisKid
02-09-2009, 04:41 PM
WOW Helen ... how exciting that you will soon have your own home office!! You sound like you have quite the computer set-up ... all I can say is wow!!! Congratulations. *woot Looking forward to seeing you back.

britnkaysmemaw2
02-09-2009, 04:45 PM
So glad you are back from MIA. We have missed you here.
Your new space and computers sound wonderful. Can't wait to see the results of your labor.

michellemomof3
02-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Wow, You've been a busy bee!! Glad to see you are back & I'm sure you'll enjoy your new work space. Sounds great:vb_chirolp_iei:

agarzaldynrd
02-10-2009, 11:21 AM
First YOU!!!! Make that appointment. Why do we always put ourselves at the end. Can't wait to see the pics of your before and after.

ponicedan
02-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Wow, I am excited for you & your new space! That is a fantasy dream of mine. It is good to see you getting back to us tho. BUT, like Anna said, get to the doctor & get your arm checked out....sounds like a nerve in your neck...be careful! Nerve damage takes a long time to heal....the longer you put it off.

Xaria
02-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Congratulations on yor new space.

Hope it is something simple at the doctors

OneMemory
02-10-2009, 01:28 PM
So jealous of your new space and computer! I know that means lots of fun new stuff from you Helen! Can't wait!!

lazyscrapper
02-10-2009, 11:55 PM
No wonder your neck are arm are sore. All that work. Sounds like it's going to be great when it's all done.

Seriously see a doctor and get some treatment, ask to see a physical therapist or chiro even, though I'd recommend a PT since I am one. True numbness is the worst stage. Sorry to scare you but you really need to do something since you've had previous problems. Take care of yourself cause I love your stuff.

Debra
02-11-2009, 05:01 AM
Ditto what everyone else is saying... We missed you and sure are glad to hear that you are making your way back :)

elenasworld
02-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Wow! that sounds amazing Helen! Hope you love working in your new space :)

emst
02-12-2009, 08:12 AM
I know how excited you've been about getting your own space, glad to hear that it's finally done, well except getting things straigtened out. I've tried calling a couple of times, yesterday and today but after reading this finally, I now know why the phone isn't being answered LOL. Take care of your hand and your health.
Hugs,
Elaine