PDA

View Full Version : **WIN** Simple Life Kit

OneMemory
02-03-2009, 07:55 PM
I'm so excited to offer you my new kit Simple Life! Filled with fun bright colors and lots of embellies to play with! Right now it's ONLY $3.75 so definitely grab it while it's on sale!!!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/medium/_alisha/omaat_simplelife_MED.gif (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_dnld_info&products_id=3567)

PLUS I've included this fun QP made from it! This one's all fancied up with text and a photo so you can see it!

http://i31.servimg.com/u/f31/12/41/55/25/qp1pre10.jpg

Two lucky posters will receive the kit for FREE!!
Just tell me anything in your life that is SIMPLE: I read to my kids often. It's such a simple thing, but I love taking that break from all the crazi-ness of video games, loud toys and TV to read with them.

Post by Thurs Feb 4th at midnight!

tweederbug
02-03-2009, 08:03 PM
I "play" play-doh with my kids everynight before they go to bed. It relaxes them and stimulates their brains .. ds has SPD and this was recommended. He sleeps so much better now at night and so do I :wink:!
Thanks for the chance to win thie beautiful kit.

beckyandjames
02-03-2009, 08:31 PM
We go outside after dinner to water the plants as a family. It cools down the baby in these heatwave conditions (I'm in Australia) and gives the toddler a chance to help out and have time with Daddy before bed.

Andrea
02-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Well, I know I'm not eligible to win because I'm a designer but this kit is beautiful and the simple thing in my life is friends!

Xaria
02-03-2009, 09:01 PM
The simple thing I do is watch the fish in my tank.

kcsimpson99
02-03-2009, 09:07 PM
My husband, 2 daughters and I have family game nights...BOARD GAMES...not video games. We play the old favorites: Clue, Monopoly, Uno, Yahtzee, Sorry, Scrabble, etc. This helps develop their problem solving abilities, teaches them how to be a gracious winner/loser, and gives us "face time" as a family.

Your kit is beautiful, with a personally significant title. For me, I have had to learn to live a "Simple Life", after becoming disabled in April 2008. Prior to this, I was always a "control freak". After months of anger and frustration, I am slowly learning to embrace this way of thinking and living.

Thanks for the chance to win your kit.

Veronica
02-03-2009, 09:39 PM
The SIMPLE thing I enjoy is walking down to our duck pond and feeding the ducks. I then just stand there for a while and watch them skimming the pellets off the water surface.

Love your kit! Thanks for the chance to won it.

michellemomof3
02-04-2009, 03:14 AM
The simple thing in my life is watching TV or movies once the kids go to bed. I think it's a great way to forget about all the days' stress & get sucked into another world for a change!!

rumkimom
02-04-2009, 03:15 AM
Beautiful kit Alisha!! I've already got the kit :D but here is mine anyway....the simple thing we do in the evenings with the kids is sit down and watch an episode Gilligan's Island. :) We have both seasons 1 & 2 on DVD. Then after the kids are in bed we watch something also (Get Smart, Mission Imposible or some other oldie that we have on DVD).

agarzaldynrd
02-04-2009, 03:45 AM
I have lunch with a couple of parents, of my students, daily. It is a relaxing time, and they often bring yummy lunches to share. It is great to work in this kind of community and that is about the calmest, most simple part of my day.

christellevandyk
02-04-2009, 05:11 AM
Beautiful happy kit Alisha! Hmmmm.. a simple thing in my life? I window shop.... :D Yes, just hang around in a mall for an hour or two, thinking my own thoughts...

j_camargo6
02-04-2009, 05:44 AM
Love this kit, Alisha! I can see so many possibilities with it! Although not eligible to win, a simple thing in life that I enjoy is listening to music with my kids. When I was young, my dad would have us all lay down on the floor on Sunday nights and he'd turn all the lights out and put classical music on. I enjoy that simple, quiet time that I'm carrying on with my children.

mom2snn
02-04-2009, 06:59 AM
That's a really cute kit!

The simplest thing in my life, other than playing with my daughter, is once every to every other week I go down to my grandparents and spend time with them. They are both in their 80's and we just about lost my grandmother at the beginning of the year to a severe UTI then she also had a heart attack, then she was put in ICU with breathing problems. So I cherish every moment I can get with them. I also cherish the time that they get to spend with Sara, even more than before she(grandmother) got sick. That is the simplest thing that I do, I think, other than playing with Sara.

briarwoodpups
02-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Your kit is beautiful, with a personally significant title. For me, I have had to learn to live a "Simple Life", after becoming disabled in April 2008. Prior to this, I was always a "control freak". After months of anger and frustration, I am slowly learning to embrace this way of thinking and living.

Thanks for the chance to win your kit.

It takes a special person to come through circumstances like this and grow in such a personal way to help overcome the obstacles. Kudos to you!

This kit looks like fun and I actually laughed out loud at that photo - perfect for the layout!!

For me, it's sitting in a pug pile. Being surrounded by all that unconditional love, it's like basking in the warmth of sunshine on a cold day. I work many hours, so they help me destress and re-energize!

jayne

OneMemory
02-04-2009, 07:46 AM
I'm loving all your answers here!! Makes me want to incorporate more SIMPLE things into our lives here. Kinda makes me sad our little town is growing so big and those simple things are quickly overshadowed.
Keep the thoughts coming!

amandamoo
02-04-2009, 09:05 AM
This kit is wonderful. I think the simple thing I most enjoy in my life right is staring into my kids' eyes (DS-4 yr old, DD-13 mo old) until we both dissolve into giggles.

deb o
02-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Our family's simple thing is holding hands praying before our dinner and eating together mostly every night without tv on. This gives us a chance to catch up with daddy and tell him what happened during our day. Sometimes my dh or I will forget to pray and my kids will remind us to do it!

HisKid
02-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Alisha, this is an awesome kit!! A simple thing I love to do (but don't do nearly enough!) is to simply sit on the swing we have in our back yard and enjoy the sunshine (unless it is 115 degrees out :3:) and the sound of birds singing.

kcsimpson99
02-04-2009, 01:17 PM
It takes a special person to come through circumstances like this and grow in such a personal way to help overcome the obstacles. Kudos to you!

This kit looks like fun and I actually laughed out loud at that photo - perfect for the layout!!

For me, it's sitting in a pug pile. Being surrounded by all that unconditional love, it's like basking in the warmth of sunshine on a cold day. I work many hours, so they help me destress and re-energize!

jayne
Jayne,
Thank you so much for what you said in your post...it has been hard, and I appreciate those words of kindness:)

I love your answer about the "pug pile". Since I stopped working, we adopted a Lundehund/Spitz mix from a no-kill animal rescue organization. He is the "little prince" I am always talking about. Isn't it amazing how our "fur-babies" can sense when we need their love, and they give it, wholeheartedly. Mine is always by my side, like a gentle guardian.

redhotdesigns
02-04-2009, 01:35 PM
I love your kit. The simple thing in my life is playing with my son. We like to paint.

mbm69
02-04-2009, 04:08 PM
I can't win this kit because I already bought it, but I LOVE it!

ajcs_mom
02-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Love the kit. My simple in life is the mornings I spend with my darling little grandson. His mom has to be at work super early so she brings him to my house before daycare. He cuddles with me in the bed while drinking his chocolate milk and watching Disney while I get ready for work. It is our special time and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

lazyscrapper
02-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Not sure if I am still eligible cause your post says Thurday Feb 4 (But Thurs is the 5th)

Anyway Love the bright colors of the kits. Really like your clouds.

Simple life is sitting outside to eat breakfast on Sat and Sun mornings. Our family time since hubby is away most the week.

grammaj
02-05-2009, 04:52 PM
My simple thing in life is scrapbooking, if I not trying to do a layout I am going through all my inventory or looking in galleries. I seriously find this relaxing. Sometimes I flip over and just play a game of hearts

mom2snn
02-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Have the winners been notified, yet? Just curious as to who we need to congratulate.

TheMommason
02-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Simple Happy Moments- Just spending the day going to do a craft at Home depot /Michaels togeather and /or going to look at animals at the pet store... (Our cheap Zoo :wink: )

OneMemory
02-07-2009, 06:59 PM
And the random winners are.......(drumroll, please LOL)..........

agarzaldynrd
deb o

Thanks to everyone who participated! Be sure to pick up the kit while it's still on sale!!!

HollyS
02-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Congrats to the winners! Thanks Alisha for a great opportunity to have folks reflect on what makes life worth living! I enjoyed hearing what everyone shared...

Just thought I'd share that I enjoy watching my boys get out in play at the ball field (not actually playing baseball but playing with their friends in the trees surrounding and just being boys)! We spent the entire day doing just that and while I could have been home cleaning the house, doing laundry, catching up here at GDS, etc....I just didn't have the heart to tear them away from playing up there!